Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Age of X-Man: The Amazing Nightcrawler #3 (spoilers/discussion)

I kinda loved this issue.

I loved that Kurt, upon finding out about TJ's existence, didn't conclude it must be a trick. Didn't wash his hands of this kid he'd never known existed. He reached out for that human connection and decided to find this child just because she might be his.

I loved Megan reminding Kurt of all the ways looking for TJ could go wrong, but still having the integrity to stand beside him because the rules of love shouldn't be bent just for her and not others. I also loved that she brought her Rom heritage into it and drew the parallel between her old life's and Kurt's.

I loved the Cuckoos knowing damn well Kurt was up to something, but respecting his privacy and choosing to back him anyway because he'd always stood up for them.

I just loved that despite the fact that this could bring everything good in their lives to a crashing halt, the outsiders of their group rallied around Kurt because he'd always been good to them. McGuire so gets the appeal of Nightcrawler as a character, and I would happily pay out $$$ every month for her to do an Excalibur revival.

It improved a lot compared to the last two issues.
    Great dialogue between Kurt and Meggan.
    Actually, it's the best use of Meggan in a looooong time.

Fantastic Member

I care way more about what's happening in this book than I thought I would. Everything about it makes me want a new Excalibur series.

Having said that, I read this twice and still feel like there's a missing panel or piece of dialogue somewhere.

This continues to be a good buy. Kurt is such a good Hero. Meggan is a great leading lady and the mystery around TJ is compelling.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

my only complaint is that it it read too fast. That being said there was a lot of good meaningful dialogue. I wonder how the club is going to tie back into all of this.

Also the fact that Amara got baited by Nori is hilarious.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

ANyone else think the Cuckoos may or may not be up to something?
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

So I guess Magma and Surge are officially rivals now

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I saw Thumbulina!!!!
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I really love the Cuckoos in this story, their whole story is so sad in this reality because it's almost impossible for them to let go of the connection. I am definitely looking forward to the next issue.

Eh...I didn't really enjoy this at all...maybe I need to reread but it Just felt soooo silly....it's Soo annoying when Kurt is eFFin clueless the identity of mysterious blue lady (who looks just like him) okay I believe that....there must be tons of blue mutants. but in the folder she leaves behind he sees a picture of a blue kid (who looks just like him) and he's convinced it must be his child? ?? based on what? it's just as likely the blue last who gave him the file wants cover up her own transgressions by pawning her mistake off on him

Meggans rooftop rant made ZERO sense to me...like I had no idea why she was so "upset" Baby Momma drama?? And she kept flipflopping between how hard it was to judged on her attractive blonde appearance before Mutants took over feeling sad that everyone knows she's a mutant tbh that part was so cringe worthy I skimmed through it... perfect example the Xbooks needs some color in their lineup.
    Another thing that irked me (not only in this book) is when we see former heroes on the Villians side and are given ZERO context as to why it really irked me to see hellion and surge who were both leaders in the Xworld being stooges for Lady Mastermind

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Eh...I didn't really enjoy this at all...maybe I need to reread but it Just felt soooo silly....it's Soo annoying when Kurt is eFFin clueless the identity of mysterious blue lady (who looks just like him) okay I believe that....there must be tons of blue mutants. but in the folder she leaves behind he sees a picture of a blue kid (who looks just like him) and he's convinced it must be his child? ?? based on what? it's just as likely the blue last who gave him the file wants cover up her own transgressions by pawning her mistake off on him

Meggans rooftop rant made ZERO sense to me...like I had no idea why she was so "upset" Baby Momma drama?? And she kept flipflopping between how hard it was to judged on her attractive blonde appearance before Mutants took over feeling sad that everyone knows she's a mutant tbh that part was so cringe worthy I skimmed through it... perfect example the Xbooks needs some color in their lineup.
    Another thing that irked me (not only in this book) is when we see former heroes on the Villians side and are given ZERO context as to why it really irked me to see hellion and surge who were both leaders in the Xworld being stooges for Lady Mastermind
    Megan was saying that in the pre-Resolution world Kurt was discriminated against because of his looks, but she was discriminated against because of her family or be more accurate because she was Roma, and that family ties lead to people being lumped into stereotyped groups.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Megan was saying that in the pre-Resolution world Kurt was discriminated against because of his looks, but she was discriminated against because of her family or be more accurate because she was Roma, and that family ties lead to people being lumped into stereotyped groups.
    Ohhhh thank you....but I don't understand how her background gives her enough/ sensible reason to be soooo against families. If we assume her background is the same as 616 she never had the opportunity to be discriminated against cause her familial ties her family hid her from the world right? until captain Brittan came across her?
    but she likely has a different background where she looked normal enough and traveled with her family but as an empathic Morpher who looks like swedish supermodel her complaints about prejudice were kinda silly

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Ohhhh thank you....but I don't understand how her background gives her enough/ sensible reason to be soooo against families. If we assume her background is the same as 616 she never had the opportunity to be discriminated against cause her familial ties her family hid her from the world right? until captain Brittan came across her?
    but she likely has a different background where she looked normal enough and traveled with her family but as an empathic Morpher who looks like swedish supermodel her complaints about prejudice were kinda silly
    She only looks like a supermodel because she is an empathetic morpher, Megan subconsciously took on a form people would respond positively to.

This might be one of the best portrayals of Nightcrawler I've seen in years. Definitely one of the best tie-ins for Age of X-Man, in my opinion. This issue was just so sweet on so many levels.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    She only looks like a supermodel because she is an empathetic morpher, Megan subconsciously took on a form people would respond positively to.
    Yeah which made her rooftop prattle even more ridiculous and revolting