Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    She only looks like a supermodel because she is an empathetic morpher, Megan subconsciously took on a form people would respond positively to.
    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Yeah which made her rooftop prattle even more ridiculous and revolting
    Plus if this is the same Meggan from 616 she already has control over that ability and only changes when she wants to.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Here comes Mystique to ruin everyone's day! Save us, Nightcrawler!

Surge starting a fight with Magma? Good Luck.

8.5/10
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

"What does pretty white Meggan understand about discrimination hurr durr"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Surge starting a fight with Magma? Good Luck.
    8.5/10
    Ya know....I'd actually pay to see this fight.

Surge's is pretty fast. this could be interesting.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Nori and Amara used to spare together on Utopia.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Surge: *roasts Magma*

Magma: *roasts Surge the hard way*

Yeah which made her rooftop prattle even more ridiculous and revolting
    Yes. Saying that discrimination is bad is

ridiculous and revolting
    "Cable was right!"

Whats faster liquid hot magma or lightning?
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Ohhhh thank you....but I don't understand how her background gives her enough/ sensible reason to be soooo against families. If we assume her background is the same as 616 she never had the opportunity to be discriminated against cause her familial ties her family hid her from the world right? until captain Brittan came across her?
    but she likely has a different background where she looked normal enough and traveled with her family but as an empathic Morpher who looks like swedish supermodel her complaints about prejudice were kinda silly
    She was put into a prison camp during Jasper's control of the country.

“You give me a great desire to love.”

This issue and this title in this setting has me thinking in Marguerite Duras. Reflecting upon her fictions, her memoirs, her merging of the two and her life as she lived it. In her words...

"In life there comes a moment, and I believe that its unavoidable, that one cannot escape it, when everything is out into doubt…And this doubt grows around one. This doubt is alone, it is the doubt of solitude, it is born of solitude. We can already speak the word. I believe that most people couldn’t stand what I’m saying here, that they’d run away from it. This might be the reason why not everyone is a writer, yes. That’s the difference. That is the truth. No other. Doubt equals writing."

Simply use living or risking, acting or swashbuckling or being for writing and c'est tout, here's all this and more.

“Our mothers always remain the strangest, craziest people we've ever met.”

As always, another fantastic review and response Anduinel. Your AoXM posts have been of great value in reading, thinking about and appreciating this AU.
    Last edited by sungila; 04-18-2019 at 12:12 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    "What does pretty white Meggan understand about discrimination hurr durr"

I meeean my bad for not knowing the entirety of Meggan's
    Alternate Universe library. but thats one alternate period her life, where she suffered discrimination even if I'd known this I'd feel the same. This kinda solidifies her rant on the rooftop ridiculousness

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    She was put into a prison camp during Jasper's control of the country.
    Thank You
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Whats faster liquid hot magma or lightning?
    Greased Lighting....
    [

Yes. Saying that discrimination is bad is
    i found myself eye-rollingily annoyed that 1 of 7 pretty, whie, Blondes featured nin tgr story gives a speech on discrimination....not even bashful brunette chick
    She only looks like a supermodel because she is an empathetic morpher, Megan subconsciously took on a form people would respond positively to.
    which begs the question Who has she been around before Nightcrawler in the AoX World an what does it say About nightcrawler in this post-,mutie world the love of his life doesn't have a tail, Blue velvety fur etc. She's just. 1 of 7 pretty, white, Blondes

I meeean my bad for not knowing the entirety of Meggan's
    Alternate Universe library. but thats one alternate period her life, where she suffered discrimination even if I'd known this I'd feel the same. This kinda solidifies her rant on the rooftop ridiculousness

Thank You

Greased Lighting....
    [

i found myself eye-rollingily annoyed that 1 of 7 pretty, whie, Blondes featured nin tgr story gives a speech on discrimination....not even bashful brunette chick
    which begs the question Who has she been around before Nightcrawler in the AoX World an what does it say About nightcrawler in this post-,mutie world the love of his life doesn't have a tail, Blue velvety fur etc. She's just. 1 of 7 pretty, white, Blondes
    Why would Nightcrawler want to date a female version of himself.

Spectacular Member

Roma. Aren't. White.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackandal View Post
    Roma. Aren't. White.
    The definition of whiteness is constantly changing, especially in the US.

Why would Nightcrawler want to date a female version of himself.
    who said that NightMeggan would have to be a swashbuckling Catholic pirate? So I guess Capt. Britain is married to a female version of himself?? Is Jean a female version of Scott? is Gambit a male version of Rogue. it's just peculiar that after "mutant revolution" Meggan would still look like that and why NightCrawler doesn't think his appearance is comforting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackandal View Post
    Roma. Aren't. White.
    is Meggan sustaining the visiage of an ethnic Roma woman or the narcissistic fantasy of blonde/blue eyed stud?

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

who said that NightMeggan would have to be a swashbuckling Catholic pirate? So I guess Capt. Britain is married to a female version of himself?? Is Jean a female version of Scott? is Gambit a male version of Rogue. it's just peculiar that after "mutant revolution" Meggan would still look like that and why NightCrawler doesn't think his appearance is comforting?

is Meggan sustaining the visiage of an ethnic Roma woman or the narcissistic fantasy of blonde/blue eyed stud?
    Meggan is an empathic metamorph and takes on the look of the person she is deeply relating to. Technically, in Excalibur when she got really close to Kurt she adopted his blue color. Why that didn't happen in this book, I don't know. Since she was with Captain Britain, she looks like a female match to him. I guess the artist kept that because it's the look we know best, or maybe the artist isn't aware of the full extent of her powers. When Meggan is very unsure of herself and people are treating her badly, she reverts to an ugly form which may be her true form. That's the one in the picture of her in a concentration camp. Meggan suffered a lot of abuse in her early years, so believe me, she understands prejudice. I thought that rooftop conversation was very poignant given her history. Then again, maybe Nate has given her even more horrible memories than reality, as if her growing up wasn't bad enough.

I am enjoying this book. It is one of the best characterizations of Kurt in many years, imho. Only thing I don't like is the pace, but slower pace is generally what happens in a character book. So strange to see Kurt back not knowing about Mystique, but then this might not really be Mystique but a construct designed to help Kurt remember his real life.