All-New Member

Talking Newbie Needs Help!

Hey everybody. I’m very new to the comic world and I have a question hopefully someone can help me with. When it comes to the whole Nightwing/Starfire relationship and the Nightwing/Batgirl or Oracle relationship, did Dick cheat on the both of them? Was he technically seeing both of them at the same time? Or did Starfire come first then he went to Babs? Who did he end up with? Who do you all think was in love with more? I’m having a hard time understanding the time line, and what is Dick Grayson deal when it comes to women? So confused please help!

Basically, when Dick Grayson was a DCUniverse character, outside the shadow of Batman and primarily a Titan, he was with Starfire.

When he was more a part of Batman's extended family, he was more into Barbara.

Mainly because the editors of the Batbooks don't want an orange-skinned alien that flies and shoots energy beams in Gotham.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

All-New Member

That is what I originally presumed. Then I read Nightwing Annual #2 and watched the new 52 series animated movies (started with Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox and made it to Teen Titans: The Judas Contract) they both intergraded both Kory and Bab’s a little bit in the story line, and that’s where I became confused. Thank you for responding!

I look at Kory and Richard as more of a physical attraction
    And Babs and Dick as two people discovering there soul mate,
    But are too technical minded to see or believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I look at Kory and Richard as more of a physical attraction
    And Babs and Dick as two people discovering there soul mate,
    But are too technical minded to see or believe it.
    Dick was in the superhero life and trying to reach for some degree of normalcy. Granted, he didn't want to junk his life, but he wasn't as solidly into it as Bruce Wayne is. Barbara was somewhat in the life due to Commissioner Gordon but she worked to bring herself deeper into it. The two have a lot in common and may both be looking for the same balance while approaching it from different directions.

Very little of Dick Grayson's life qualifies as "normal". He started as a circus performing kid, parents murdered, adopted by a billionaire and became a crime-fighting sidekick. I can certainly see his attraction to Barbara despite her injury and profession. But Kori is hot, I'll agree to that.