Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Spider-Man Has An Announcement To Make! On Sunday!

This topic exists because Lowe, Purdin, and Cebulski all promoted it.

Begin theorizing.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

It's wedding time!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Idunno - A Mephisto event?

Seems kind of weird time to be announcing a new spin-off/satellite out-of-the-blue.

I imagine it's related to the Spider-Event of the year that'll be teased on the FCBD Comic.

Yeah, based on the timing, it's linked to what we'll be reading tomorrow.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I hope it will be something good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

This topic exists because Lowe, Purdin, and Cebulski all promoted it.

Begin theorizing.
    http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/w...rt=105#p261755

The guy on Spider-Man Crawl Space claims he got “word” it’s about yet another Peter/Miles story, which would be so boring, anti-climatic and just whatever, I’m not sure why they’d make an announcement for it. The last Peter/Miles mini didn’t exactly set the world on fire, and Miles is a pretty regular presence in Peter’s books anyway. But this being Marvel, that likes to hype even the smallest nothing burger, it’ll probably be that.

Don’t get your hopes up again, people. I’d love to be wrong, but I don’t think it’ll be about the marriage/OMD/Mephisto, etc.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I mean, with the rumor mill being the next Far From Home trailer supposed to be dropping on Monday, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a sneak preview.

A Peter/Miles story would "make sense" seeing as how it would be coming off just a day from the FCBD issue.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/w...rt=105#p261755

The guy on Spider-Man Crawl Space claims he got “word” it’s about yet another Peter/Miles story, which would be so boring, anti-climatic and just whatever, I’m not sure why they’d make an announcement for it. The last Peter/Miles mini didn’t exactly set the world on fire, and Miles is a pretty regular presence in Peter’s books anyway. But this being Marvel, that likes to hype even the smallest nothing burger, it’ll probably be that.
    Is he? I think he made a cameo in one issue but otheriwse you could probably read Peter's title and not think Miles even exists in the context of Peter's adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is he? I think he made a cameo in one issue but otheriwse you could probably read Peter's title and not think Miles even exists in the context of Peter's adventures.
    Exactly. I don't know what book he's reading, but Miles and Peter are pretty separated save for Spider-Geddon.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Exactly. I don't know what book he's reading, but Miles and Peter are pretty separated save for Spider-Geddon.
    And the two times Miles guest starred during Slott's run he got taken out of commission after the first issue.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    He was in the Spectacular Spider-Man Morlun story that came out a couple months ago too. And Slott’s last Red Goblin story. Plus, the Peter/Miles mini, which was not long ago at all. That seems pretty regular to me.

Believe whatever you want. It’ll be about Miles and we will all collectively yawn. Would love to be wrong, and have it actually be exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    He was in the Spectacular Spider-Man Morlun story that came out a couple months ago too. And Slott’s last Red Goblin story. Plus, the Peter/Miles mini, which was not long ago at all. That seems pretty regular to me.

Believe whatever you want. It’ll be about Miles and we will all collectively yawn. Would love to be wrong, and have it actually be exciting.
    That actually sounds pretty in-frequent to me, personally, especially with how limited Miles' role was in those stories to begin with.

Like, when Peter doesn't even mention or acknowledge him at all in his current solo books, I don't think Miles is that major a presence in Peter's life/stories.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

That actually sounds pretty in-frequent to me, personally, especially with how limited Miles' role was in those stories to begin with.

Like, when Peter doesn't even mention or acknowledge him at all in his current solo books, I don't think Miles is that major a presence in Peter's life/stories.
    I kinda think that's what makes different between Spider-familiy members and Bat-family members. Like at least most of the Batfam members have big or small influence to one another and commonly interacts each other.

Spider-men, on the other hand, pretty much do their own stuff by themselves and does not commonly interact unless there's something big event happening. Like Peter do his own stuff in his book, Miles do his own stuff in his book, Otto do his own stuff in his book, etc. Pretty much every Spider-themed heroes, maybe exception of Mayday or Annie, tends to stay away from one another unless some big crisis coming up. At least that's how I see it.

I don't know why people are speculating that a new Peter/Miles story "might" happen. We KNOW that's going to happen, that's what the FCBD story is setting up. And given its being written by Taylor and Ahmed, an actual crossover between the books seems more than likely. This will probably be confirming it'll start in August alongside Absolute Carnage, which is the other FCBD story.