Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    According to an interview Chip did on a podcast, his original plan was to do a mini-series for each decade, but Marvel told him it'd take too long.
    Can you link me this podcast of which you speak?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    The first issue also told a year of story and that went well for Chip. As for the off-panel elements: there's no way to cover the entire decade in one 40 page AU book. That's asking for too much.
    I know - what the hell do people expect? Each issue represents a ten year leap forward. It can't cover everything that happened in that decade.

I actually enjoyed this a lot more than the first issue - which I thought was pretty terrific itself. I loved that it really took some wild, unexpected turns but yet still was bouncing off both established continuity and What If? elements.

This took things in a new direction. Excellent stuff.

spoilers:
    We had the Death of Gwen Stacy, with Harry Osborn responsible, but it was a moment of madness, where he didn't realize what he was doing. And it ended with a new take on the ending of ASM 122.
    end of spoilers
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Can you link me this podcast of which you speak?
    You know, I'm hoping this is a hit just so we can get more follow-ups. It could work.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

spoilers:
    So in light of the ending, and the fact that Peter will probably still end up with MJ here, do you think Mayday could be born next issue or the fourth issue?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    spoilers:
    So in light of the ending, and the fact that Peter will probably still end up with MJ here, do you think Mayday could be born next issue or the fourth issue?
    end of spoilers
    The way Zdarsky has been mixing and matching different continuity elements, I'd bet on sooner for her.

The way Zdarsky has been mixing and matching different continuity elements, I'd bet on sooner for her.
    Especially since spoilers:
    MJ is roughly the same age as Peter. She was in the 1966 sequence, so it makes more sense for her to have kids in her thirties than in her forties.
    end of spoilers
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Que sabe? I trust Zdarsky. He can do what he wants. Death, divorce, and so on. He knows what he's doing and where he's going and the story he has here can stand on its own you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Especially since spoilers:
    MJ is roughly the same age as Peter. She was in the 1966 sequence, so it makes more sense for her to have kids in her thirties than in her forties.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I thought Peter was thirty?
    end of spoilers

Que sabe? I trust Zdarsky. He can do what he wants. Death, divorce, and so on. He knows what he's doing and where he's going and the story he has here can stand on its own you know.
    Jack, you have seen the light my friend haha

spoilers:
    True. Though thinking more on it, I suppose it'd make the most sense for Mayday to be born between issue's 3 and 4.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    He's in his twenties in issue 2 I believe. He'd be in his early-mid thirties in issue #3 and I believe he would be in his early to mid forties in #4.

spoilers:
    Well, the description for the fourth issue mentions Peter having a family, so I assume that means Peter will have kids. Now will that kid be Mayday? Who knows. Zdarsky could decide to give Peter and MJ a son for all we know. But since Mayday was born in the 90s, I'd assume he'd just use her.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Nerdman3000; 04-17-2019 at 02:51 PM.

spoilers:
    True. Though thinking more on it, I suppose it'd make the most sense for Mayday to be born between issue's 3 and 4.
    end of spoilers

He's in his twenties in issue 2 I believe. He'd be in his early-mid thirties in issue #3 and I believe he would be in his early to mid forties in #4.

spoilers:
    Well, the description for the fourth issue mentions Peter having a family, so I assume that means Peter will have kids. Now will that kid be Mayday? Who knows. Zdarsky could decide to give Peter and MJ a son for all we know. But since Mayday was born in the 90s, I'd assume he'd just use her.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    In the lab with Warren, he says he's 30 when he doesn't want to go to the club, making a joke about being home with his taxes.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    He won't be in the 1990s.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Not sure why we need to put his age in a spoiler tag. But yes, dialogue in issue 2 confirms Pete is 30 at the time.

Mighty Member

Just caught up and read through issues 1 and 2. Overall, I really enjoyed both. However, there were a few things that bugged me about the clone thing.

spoilers:
    Like at what point was the real Gwen Stacy abducted? Did peter marry a clone? It seems like the Gwen clone (Helen) and Peter were together for some time given the difference in hairstyle.

I get that the clones would want to forge their own identity, but I imagine that Helen would have developed her own memories/feelings/attachment to Peter. I know there's not a whole lot of room to explore this kind of thing, but her leaving with Ben all smiles just felt so abrupt. (even though they did indicate that some time had passed)

I did like the homage to the ASM #122 epilogue though.
    end of spoilers