Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Default X-Men TV Show on Disney's Netflix?

This is pure speculation on my part, but this is absolutely happening, right?

X-Men are not well-suited to movies because there are too many characters to ever do justice and the only ones getting big screen movies are named Logan and Deadpool. There's never going to be a Cyclops or a Storm movie because those two are bound to the team and they'll always get the short-shrift in a movie that has to set up the baddie, as well as giving six or seven other X-Men something to do.

However, on an episodic series focused on Scott, Jean, Storm, Charles, Bobby, Kitty, Hank and the rest, you've got a heckuva great cast of characters to explore that can get big thrills from TV level budgets. It's Riverdale, Gilmore Girls, and Marvel mixed up to the perfect teen soap opera that everyone would watch.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I don’t think you’ll see a live action x-men show, but I can see them green lighting a show built around some of the spin off teams.

I can see both an X-men movie and a spinoff show centered on off the other teams like X-factor or another faction like the Morlocks.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I can see a new animated show. I don't think we'll get a live action one.

I would love it if Hulu picked up Legion as an original series. Hawley said that he had several seasons in mind, but once it was announced that the merger would cancel Legion after season 3, it seemed like Hawley was toeing the company line by saying that he had meant 3 seasons all along.

I don't see them doing new MCU X-Men shows until they work out Mutants and X-Men within the framework of the MCU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I can see a new animated show. I don't think we'll get a live action one.
    It would be nice to get a new X-Men cartoon, but so far we haven't had much word on what Marvel is doing animation-wise aside from the Hulu shows, What If, and Marvel Rising specials.

I wouldn't mind a 'serious anime' (read: not the cutesy big-eye style, but rather the more serious, pointy chin style) adaptation of the Sienkiewicz New Mutants.
    Maybe if the movie does good.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I wouldn't mind a 'serious anime' (read: not the cutesy big-eye style, but rather the more serious, pointy chin style) adaptation of the Sienkiewicz New Mutants.
    Maybe if the movie does good.
    Wouldn't be the first X-Men anime .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wouldn't be the first X-Men anime .
    True...
    But the first Sienkiewicz era New Mutants one.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Madrox and X-factor were born for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Madrox and X-factor were born for this.
    Agreed also instead of a film a Gambit series with the Thieves and Assassins Guilds.

Or origins for Giant Size X-Men Characters Storm as an African Goddess, Nightcrawler as a circus performer, Banshee Interpol Agent, Thunderbird as a soldier, or Colossus forced to be involved with the Russian Mob (I think his Ultimate 1st Appearance hinted at this).

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think doing a live-action/animated mix like the Arrowverse does would be a good option. They could do the budget busting cosmic storylines in animation using the same cast as the live action stuff that would focus more on the character, soapy and political drama

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    This is pure speculation on my part, but this is absolutely happening, right?

X-Men are not well-suited to movies because there are too many characters to ever do justice and the only ones getting big screen movies are named Logan and Deadpool. There's never going to be a Cyclops or a Storm movie because those two are bound to the team and they'll always get the short-shrift in a movie that has to set up the baddie, as well as giving six or seven other X-Men something to do.

However, on an episodic series focused on Scott, Jean, Storm, Charles, Bobby, Kitty, Hank and the rest, you've got a heckuva great cast of characters to explore that can get big thrills from TV level budgets. It's Riverdale, Gilmore Girls, and Marvel mixed up to the perfect teen soap opera that everyone would watch.
    If they get limited series on disney plus it will a movie budget.

Kevin feige said the Disney plus limited series shows will have movie budgets and they are just really long movies like new coming star wars shows.
    Everyone does not have to be a big screen movie.

It does not even have to be a normal series.
    It could be a limited series,mini-series or tv/streaming movie/s with high or movie budgets.

This way down the road they could they do sentry,blue marvel,the ultimates or the squadron supreme movies and other superheroes that can't get a big screen movie any time soon or never.
    Note-these could still show up on the big screen,but if not that's fine too.

TV/STREAMING movies,limited or mini-series just like the big screen movies will have less filler and get more to point then normal shows anyway.
    If they have a more normal show (with a movie budget) for a x-men team down the road,it should have short seasons like 6 to 8 episodes and the new seasons should maybe be every two or three years like a movie.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-20-2019 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Agreed also instead of a film a Gambit series with the Thieves and Assassins Guilds.

Or origins for Giant Size X-Men Characters Storm as an African Goddess, Nightcrawler as a circus performer, Banshee Interpol Agent, Thunderbird as a soldier, or Colossus forced to be involved with the Russian Mob (I think his Ultimate 1st Appearance hinted at this).
    That would be cool like one shot Origins storys for characters who the movie wont have time to give a full origin to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think doing a live-action/animated mix like the Arrowverse does would be a good option. They could do the budget busting cosmic storylines in animation using the same cast as the live action stuff that would focus more on the character, soapy and political drama
    Or include them in the What If series.

"What If the X-Men were around during Phase 1-3" ?