Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Your mother's face is on my mother's face!

There are still so many levels to go to.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Your mother shall not pass!
    My mother did but yours didn't. It was pass/ fail.
    Power with Girl is better.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Which places her WELL behind Ororo in "time spent with no powers." What are her feats from that run?
    Storm's best non-powered feats are beating Calisto in a knife fight to win control of the Morlocks and beating a supremely distracted Cyclops to win control of the X-Men. She also punched Scrambler when he thought he was taking Storm's powers away.

Given that I cannot recall Calisto ever defeating anybody and the Cyclops feat was written where Storm was given every advantage she needed over Cyclops to win, those don't really point to Storm being able to fight on a level with someone who has vastly more combat training than freaking Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I remember a scene from Post Crisis where Diana was pulling back about as hard as she could in a sparring match with Batman. On a skill vs skill level, she got hit first but then put him on his butt moments later.

He was multi tasking HARD as he was giving Oracle (or Alfred?) instructions on where to move money and things to research. Still, it was implied that they were worth each others time as proper skill based training partners.
    I read that scene differently. To me it felt more like typical Bat-wankery. (Is that a word?)

"Oh look, Batman is so great he doesn't even have to pay attention when fighting Wonder Woman."

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I read that scene differently. To me it felt more like typical Bat-wankery. (Is that a word?)

"Oh look, Batman is so great he doesn't even have to pay attention when fighting Wonder Woman."
    Totally a word.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

Batman is one of my favorite characters of all time... but I hate it when people do this. in some scenarios, if Batman were truly a master of the martial arts he would realize that the only special move that's going to save him in this fight is... CROUCH OF THE WILD TIGER!

Ultimate Member

I thought Storm battles were the “ Chernobyl” of the forum?

Are they safe now?

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Are they safe now?
    They became safe after a specific mod notice that Storm could only be discussed by using her actual feats and not trying to present her as the most awesomest, super-powerful, mid-cosmic-level hero ever and even before ever.

And since that time we’ve had very few hardcore Storm-fans posting here at all.

But I’m sure that’s entirely coincidental.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Are they safe now?
    And to be really fair, it was rereading the Storm notice that made me post this at all.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Which honestly gets into another issue that makes this sort of fight impossible to judge. Let's say Batman vs. Wonder Woman without powers. What is meant by Wonder Woman without powers? Is that genuinely reduced to a real life human level? Is that reduced to a comic book peak human level? Without a reasonable number of examples of what a character can do "without powers" it just gets into a debate about what qualifies as "without powers".
    It becomes 'what has this character done without powers? Because that is all we have to go upon. Now, normally characters have SOME instances where they've been forced to run around without powers, and we can use those. Without them? We're into 'well...we don't have a lot' territory.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    And people still try to claim that Batman is a "normal guy."
    He isn't. He's a comic book peak human, belonging to an elite group with feats waaaaay beyond the possible for real world humans. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

During her non-powered phase in the early '70s, Wonder Woman defeated Catwoman twice.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

This is what I'm talking about.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate