Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24
  1. #16
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    32,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    The prison was pretty much entirely improvised at every stage. What does he prep in that scenario? If we believe him, he came up with the idea and instigated his own capture in an afternoon, and all he had to do was call the cops on himself. And the plan heavily depended on the government being organized around a single point of failure that it kept in the same facility as its most dangerous criminals behind a single password that one could get by asking for it.

    I guess if we believe what he said at the end, he manipulated Jerry out of the family but man, getting Beth to divorce Jerry is not that much of a prep feat.

    His prepped scenarios are things like drunkenly crafting bombs that might not even work and will blow him up if they do. I’m not saying he can’t do some impressive things, but that his good feats are more in his ability to immediately improvise
    and this is the same guy who while turned into a pickle created bio-mech suit using random crap in a sewer using only his tongue and then used said suit to take down a shadow government facility using a powerful hand laser he made out of office supplies.

    that's damn impressive for a pickle.

  2. #17
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,048

    Default


  3. #18
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    My thing is, all else being pretty close, Reed has the benefit of home field turf. A defensive position always helps. Plus he has decades of fighting other super geniuses.
    Home turf is a thing, and I have the vague impression that Reed is higher end anyway (didn't he have weapons that could harm Celestials?) but I'm not sure I buy the evil genius advantage. Rick has been in conflict with the Council for who knows how many years, even if it was usually more of a stand off than an actual fight. And we saw him pitted against his microverse creation counterpart. Given he doesn't have that many episodes and he's fighting other super geniuses in several of them, plus huge number of off screen adventures, I'd say it isn't an especially new phenomenon to him.

  4. #19
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    doesn't Reed have hundreds, if not thousands, of more feats than Rick Sanchez? I'm not sure why so many people are convinced that Rick will win. he could give Reed a run for his money - but I just don't see him winning in this particular scenario.

    Rick is, in many respects, a Toon Force character with a mad scientist/techno-mage skin pasted over the top. he feels more like an abusive, alcoholic, cruelly indifferent and self-centered version of Bugs Bunny that uses science and technology as the means of his gags instead of simply ignoring the laws of physics and doing as he wishes.

    when you put Rick up against a character whose whole modus operandi is basically research, prep time, and violating the laws of physics with 'science'... and has been doing so for about 50 years in hundreds of stories, KNOWS that Rick is coming AND has the homecourt advantage..... I'm going to favor THAT guy over Sanchez.

  5. #20
    Extraordinary Member The Dork Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    The prison was pretty much entirely improvised at every stage. What does he prep in that scenario? If we believe him, he came up with the idea and instigated his own capture in an afternoon, and all he had to do was call the cops on himself. And the plan heavily depended on the government being organized around a single point of failure that it kept in the same facility as its most dangerous criminals behind a single password that one could get by asking for it.

    I guess if we believe what he said at the end, he manipulated Jerry out of the family but man, getting Beth to divorce Jerry is not that much of a prep feat.

    His prepped scenarios are things like drunkenly crafting bombs that might not even work and will blow him up if they do. Iím not saying he canít do some impressive things, but that his good feats are more in his ability to immediately improvise
    Uhh it was the realization of the long term goal of bringing down the galactic govt. He was in the prison because he was one of the most wanted criminals in the first place

    Beth and Jerry are apparently otherwise so destined to be together they get together even in other universes where Jerry is a film star. I mean hey they didn't fall apart till Rick showed up

    That's basically my point. If he can just go "overthrow the Galactic govt because I feel like it" In an afternoon, talking about Reed preparing for longer is basically moot anyway. Reed could plan for eternity and then Rick could just ruin that anyway (by feats)

  6. #21
    Extraordinary Member The Dork Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    doesn't Reed have hundreds, if not thousands, of more feats than Rick Sanchez? I'm not sure why so many people are convinced that Rick will win. he could give Reed a run for his money - but I just don't see him winning in this particular scenario.

    Rick is, in many respects, a Toon Force character with a mad scientist/techno-mage skin pasted over the top. he feels more like an abusive, alcoholic, cruelly indifferent and self-centered version of Bugs Bunny that uses science and technology as the means of his gags instead of simply ignoring the laws of physics and doing as he wishes.

    when you put Rick up against a character whose whole modus operandi is basically research, prep time, and violating the laws of physics with 'science'... and has been doing so for about 50 years in hundreds of stories, KNOWS that Rick is coming AND has the homecourt advantage..... I'm going to favor THAT guy over Sanchez.
    Quality not quantity of feats matter. The homecourt advantage is definitely a thing but having experience against other geniuses is hardly something Rick lacks

  7. #22
    Extraordinary Member The Dork Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Home turf is a thing, and I have the vague impression that Reed is higher end anyway (didn't he have weapons that could harm Celestials?) but I'm not sure I buy the evil genius advantage. Rick has been in conflict with the Council for who knows how many years, even if it was usually more of a stand off than an actual fight. And we saw him pitted against his microverse creation counterpart. Given he doesn't have that many episodes and he's fighting other super geniuses in several of them, plus huge number of off screen adventures, I'd say it isn't an especially new phenomenon to him.
    With Celestials, they tend to have Kryptonite-ish specific weaknesses. Rick builds universes to power car batteries. I wouldn't say Reed is particularly superior though home advantage is definitely a thing

  8. #23
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,316

    Default

    All I know is this is going to involve Reed breaking time again.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

  9. #24
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    32,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    All I know is this is going to involve Reed breaking time again.
    rick already did that and only because he didn't trust himself to not be a dick to himself.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •