Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 73
  1. #46
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Place your bets now. so is Idris Elba's character going to join the team by the next movie?

    I'm still waiting for comic books based on the franchise. What publisher has the best chance to explore this?
    I dont know but apparently they cast Keanu Reves to do a couple scenes as the guy behind Idris Elba chatacter. And the big bad for the next movie

  2. #47
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,762

    Default

    I wonder if Keanu is the new big bad for the next Fast and Furious movie too or just setting him up for Hobbs and Shaw 2

  3. #48
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,499

    Default

    So what did everyone think?

    Honestly, I was a little underwhelmed. Dunno what I was expecting, but this fell short of that

  4. #49
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,653

    Default

    I plan on seeing it again but I think the Rock and Statham's chemistry was hit or miss some of the jokes fell flat. and it didn't help that they were no-selling each other's feats half the time. Gotta say this movie could've used a lot more Kevin Hart.

  5. #50
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    824

    Default

    I really enjoyed it. The not so smart guns fixed the major reservation I had from the trailer.

  6. #51

    Default

    So is the real killer of Han revealed or no? Never mind.

  7. #52
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,972

    Default

    It's still Shaw isn't it? Although he seems to have been 'redeemed'. (Fast 8 basically retconned it as Charlize Theron's Cipher making the brothers evil).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  8. #53
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Diesel actually turned down xXx part 2 and 2Fast2Furious. It's super obvious they were setting up to bring back his character and just replaced him with Tyrese.

    When 3 came out it looked like the franchise was going to go jump around to different characters. We were introduced to completely new characters in school and in Tokyo of all places. I didn't care for the plot but the races were sick.

    Than as you point out 4 kind of brought things back full circle. The stunts did start to get a little more action movie ridiculous. The oil tanker scene and the canyon race among other things. However, it wasn't until the film introduced the Rock that the Franchise started to go a little bonkers.

    No one talks about ti but this scene made no damn sense:



    This was also the film that basically turned them into super agents ro whatever they are considered now. Every movie from this point on got more absurd

    Yeah, and basically 4-6 is a prequel to Tokyo Drift as well, as Han becomes part of the team and his death is retconned from an accident to deliberate (and Letty's cross is added in). Vin's cameo in Tokyo Drift is worked into 7's plot with even Lucas Black returning to connect the dots. (The film uses some stock footage from TD so there's kind of a bit of a continuity error with the physical appearences of Black and Diesel).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  9. #54
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,045

    Default

    So yeah, Vanessa Kirby as Catwoman. Pretty please!!

  10. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I dont know but apparently they cast Keanu Reves to do a couple scenes as the guy behind Idris Elba chatacter. And the big bad for the next movie
    Link? Cause Google searches are turning up why Leitch, in his own words, didn't include Reeves.

    It all stemmed from the fact that we had talked to Keanu early on. It was even before where we ended up with this draft. I had been talking to Keanu periodically through the shooting of it all and looking for opportunities of where it could be. I also wanted to make sure that it was enough — a real promise for something legitimate in the future — and wasn’t just a stunt casting role. We started to populate the movie with all these other personalities, and I just didn’t really think that we needed it, although I would’ve loved it. We even talked in post, and I showed him a rough cut of the movie. Then, we had conversations about “is there something here?” We came to the conclusion of “let’s put a pin in it.” I’m all for finding opportunities, but I also didn't want to force anything. The mystery at the end of the movie where the Eteon director is nameless and faceless seems perfect for our ending because we had so much story we’ve already told.

    I didn't know about this rumor till this very thread...so when I saw the movie (Saturday afternoon) I was thinking the Director was either Han or Mr. Nobody.

  11. #56
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Link? Cause Google searches are turning up why Leitch, in his own words, didn't include Reeves.

    It all stemmed from the fact that we had talked to Keanu early on. It was even before where we ended up with this draft. I had been talking to Keanu periodically through the shooting of it all and looking for opportunities of where it could be. I also wanted to make sure that it was enough — a real promise for something legitimate in the future — and wasn’t just a stunt casting role. We started to populate the movie with all these other personalities, and I just didn’t really think that we needed it, although I would’ve loved it. We even talked in post, and I showed him a rough cut of the movie. Then, we had conversations about “is there something here?” We came to the conclusion of “let’s put a pin in it.” I’m all for finding opportunities, but I also didn't want to force anything. The mystery at the end of the movie where the Eteon director is nameless and faceless seems perfect for our ending because we had so much story we’ve already told.

    I didn't know about this rumor till this very thread...so when I saw the movie (Saturday afternoon) I was thinking the Director was either Han or Mr. Nobody.
    I posted that months ago. It was on all the news sites and it wasnt simply a rumor I guess people just jumped the gun. The character might still be Reeves.

  12. #57
    Incredible Member Mr Cochese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    582

    Default

    When Shaw said there were shameful things he'd done he still needed to atone for, was anyone else thinking he probably meant those 90s pop videos where he dances in his trolleys covered in baby oil/silver paint?

  13. #58
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    When Shaw said there were shameful things he'd done he still needed to atone for, was anyone else thinking he probably meant those 90s pop videos where he dances in his trolleys covered in baby oil/silver paint?

    So what you're saying he's overcompensating with all these tough guy action movies? Lol I didn't know he had that in his past.

  14. #59
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,499

    Default

    Ya know, now that I know both actors had a 'equal punches' clause in their contract, I know why this movie fell flat for me.

    Frankly, Brixton wasn't nearly as bad ass as he should have been, and the fights leading up to the main one were underwhelming compared to what they could have been.

    I remember Bruce Willis getting all kinds of messed up in Die Hard(s) and only looking more bad ass for it, but these guys don't have the guts to bleed :P

  15. #60
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Ya know, now that I know both actors had a 'equal punches' clause in their contract, I know why this movie fell flat for me.

    Frankly, Brixton wasn't nearly as bad ass as he should have been, and the fights leading up to the main one were underwhelming compared to what they could have been.

    I remember Bruce Willis getting all kinds of messed up in Die Hard(s) and only looking more bad ass for it, but these guys don't have the guts to bleed :P
    Sorry, what do you mean by equal punches clause?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •