Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

So as someone who's part Samoan I love this trailer but it makes no sense. He goes home to Samoa and then when armed Mercs show up they do the Haka and charge into battle. Looks badass but wtf. Why wouldnt Elbas people just shoot then all? Maybe In story Elbas character loves a challenge or his ego is easily bated and we didnt see THE Rock bare him into doing it oldschool hand to hand no guns. But just from the trailer we got that silliness and the rock holding a helicopter likes it's a kite lol. Oh man I love the absurdness of these movies..

@Cliffhanger
    Yea Mamoa was very threatening in that movie. Also it's the movie I'd point to when I defend him as Aquaman for the last couple years. The physicality he shows in the movie is great. The end fight with the Axes just watching the way he moved(Very fast for such a big guy) was impressive. Kinda took me out the movie cause I didnt believe for a second Sly stood a chance given the way his Arthritis invested body movied. But yea I forget who suggested it in the Xmen in the MCU thread want to give them proper credit but his as Sabertooth is perfect casting. Obviously not the skin and hair color but the essence of the character I feel like he would capture. But yea hes a good hero but also I think he can be a great villian. He has a very intimidating animalistic look about him. And he made a rapist and murderer in Game of thrones into a fan favorite. So he can play dispicable character and bring a level of likability. I mean Drogo wasnt a bad guy by Game of Thrones standards but you get what I'm saying. We are introduced to him as a guy basically raping a young girl. We dont see the more likable qualities till later.

don't try to apply logic to these movies they stopped making a lick of sense 5 movies back
    The J-man

Ultimate Member

The Rock pulled a Captain America from Civil War with that helicopter as well.

Also Luke Evans, Jason Statham, Helen Mirren, and Vanessa Kirby all part of the same family? Who's Papa Shaw, Sean Connery?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Also Luke Evans, Jason Statham, Helen Mirren, and Vanessa Kirby all part of the same family? Who's Papa Shaw, Sean Connery?
    If he wasn't retired from acting I could see Sean Connery doing it. But since he is, Brian Cox would make an awesome Papa Shaw.

Ultimate Member

Or Anthony Hopkins perhaps.

Mighty Member

That clubs vs guns scene is so dumb. An ambush is needed to make it not be a massacre. Who thought it was a good idea.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    That clubs vs guns scene is so dumb. An ambush is needed to make it not be a massacre. Who thought it was a good idea.
    We don't even know the complete logistics yet, so it's a little early to judge

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    We don't even know the complete logistics yet, so it's a little early to judge
    It has changed me from thinking it looks awesome to say what? Not what a scene in a trailer should do.

It seems random and bonkers, which is well par for course now with this series.

I'm still amazed how in the last movie with all the cars falling out of high rise parking lots there were zero fatalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Shaw killed Han, a beloved member of the team for what 3 films?
    Han's death was kind of retconned; he was pretty much a main character in Tokyo Drift who, in the context of the film itself, seems to have been killed accidentally during a high speed chase. Than Don shows up at the end as an old friend of Han's.

The next three films are pretty much prequels with the running joke of Han eventually getting to Tokyo (Which he does when Giselle dies) and in Furious 6's ending they add some extra footage implying Shaw killed Han (They also add Letty's cross).

Then Don goes to Tokyo, although it's pretty weird transition from 2006 Vin to 2015 Vin, as well as Lucas black.

Also I think Letty's Resurrection was decided by 5 and not because of it-the post credits has Eva Mendes's character give Hobbs a photo of Letty.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    It seems random and bonkers, which is well par for course now with this series.

I'm still amazed how in the last movie with all the cars falling out of high rise parking lots there were zero fatalities.
    Do we know anyone wasn't? It isn't like these movies ever stop and take a toll of all the lives lost/damage done.

I mean hell, Dom wasn't thrown in jail for enabling a would be nuclear terrorist (under duress wouldn't be absolution), so yeah

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Do we know anyone wasn't? It isn't like these movies ever stop and take a toll of all the lives lost/damage done.

I mean hell, Dom wasn't thrown in jail for enabling a would be nuclear terrorist (under duress wouldn't be absolution), so yeah
    Mr. Nobody's pull isn't THAT great where he could clear Dom of multiple murder/manslaughter charges which would be at least double digits from that stunt. I just chalk it up to Dom somehow made sure no one got hurt. The enabling a nuclear terrorist bit is hard to swallow agreed but that still goes down easier than multiple fatalities just shrugged away.

This is why when people say its like a cartoon now since they switched to heists holds some weight. Only the bad guys kills innocents, the heroes somehow never do.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    In the context of the trailer its dumb but the movie could explain it. Elbas character seems sure of himself. Maybe the Rock baited him into a fist fights with no guns. Maybe there something we not seeing, Shaw causing some huge distraction while they're arr charging allowing them to close the gap before they all get shot. Or maybe they just embrace the nonsense and somehow charging like that only results in a couple getting shot by some miracle

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Han's death was kind of retconned; he was pretty much a main character in Tokyo Drift who, in the context of the film itself, seems to have been killed accidentally during a high speed chase. Than Don shows up at the end as an old friend of Han's.

The next three films are pretty much prequels with the running joke of Han eventually getting to Tokyo (Which he does when Giselle dies) and in Furious 6's ending they add some extra footage implying Shaw killed Han (They also add Letty's cross).

Then Don goes to Tokyo, although it's pretty weird transition from 2006 Vin to 2015 Vin, as well as Lucas black.

Also I think Letty's Resurrection was decided by 5 and not because of it-the post credits has Eva Mendes's character give Hobbs a photo of Letty.
    I know it was retconned, and as it stands in the canon Shaw killed him. We litterally see them recutt the seen and have him step out of the car that killed Han. Than he tries to bom Paul Walker and his baby and tries to kill a few others like the Rock etc. I don't even remember why Terreto doesn't kill him in their final fight. I don't even know when Vin suddenly becme this incredible fighter. He was always a tough guy who could throw down but the Rock is suppose to be the paramilitary special opperative with 20+ pounds on Vin in their fight. Than he takes out Shaw who is some 007 meets Jason Bounre amalgam.

This franchise is some straight up G.I. Joe Saturday morning cartoon crazy at this point.
    The J-man

I can't lie that's the first time I saw a scene in a trailer and thought "wow, that looks crowbarred in"; without even seeing the movie. It doesn't necessarily look dumb as much as it just looks out of place.

There are way more dumb things in this trailer lol. This movie looks both aware and oblivious at the same time. Should be fun overall though.