Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Ya know, now that I know both actors had a 'equal punches' clause in their contract, I know why this movie fell flat for me.

Frankly, Brixton wasn't nearly as bad ass as he should have been, and the fights leading up to the main one were underwhelming compared to what they could have been.

I remember Bruce Willis getting all kinds of messed up in Die Hard(s) and only looking more bad ass for it, but these guys don't have the guts to bleed :P
    Vin Disel has a clause where hes not allowed to lose a fight. I dont know what a equal punch clause is. But Idris Elba beat they're ass for 90% of the movie.

Hope in a sequel those two big cameos join the team.

I think this was a lot of fun, but it's also weirdly sexless and bloodless for the kind of action movie it is. Particularly considering they drop a few C-bombs - I guess they can edit language out more easily during regionalisation.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Vin Disel has a clause where hes not allowed to lose a fight. I dont know what a equal punch clause is. But Idris Elba beat they're ass for 90% of the movie.

Hope in a sequel those two big cameos join the team.
    All three basically have clauses in their contracts that says they can't lose or look too bad in a fight.

In the fights, Idris did have an edge, yes, but that was all it was, IMO. He was their superior by inches, despite the fact that he was supposed to be superhuman. And when it was all over, the stars were able to walk away quipping.

Compare that to say, how beat up McClain was after taking down Hans

Here's an article I found about how the stars ensure they don't look bad in a fight.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ne-looks-like/

Fast and Furious stars demand rules on punches they take so no one looks like a 'loser'

Some of Hollywood's most notorious hardmen have proved they also have a sensitive side - when it comes to losing on-screen fights.

Stars of the latest installment of the Fast & Furious movie franchise have agreements with the studio to ensure their character isn't on the receiving end of too many punches or made to look weak.

Producers and crew members say Jason Statham, the Derbyshire-born actor who shot to fame in Lock Stock and two Smoking Barrels, managed to negotiate a clause in his contract to limit how severely he can be beaten up, according to the Wall Street Journal

Meanwhile, co-star Vin Diesel has his younger sister, a producer on the films, keep an eye on the number of punches he takes. Dwayne Johnson reportedly has producers, editors and fight coordinators in his corner to make sure he also looks tough enough on screen.

The fights in Fast & Furious ensure “every character has their moment, and that all are seen as formidable opponents,” a Universal spokesman said. “Each ‘Fast’ character is a hero to someone watching, and we never forget that.”

In 2017’s The Fate of the Furious, Johnson reportedly asked not to be filmed laying at Diesel’s feet as the scene required; he insisted his character at least be filmed sitting up, according to a crew member.

Sometimes filmmakers come up with creative solutions to interrupt the men’s fight scenes to make sure neither lose; in 2015’s Furious 7, Diesel’s character is prevented from killing Statham’s character during a fight on top of a parking garage by having a helicopter fire a missile that splits the concrete between the two men.

The tough-guy arms race appears to have spilled over into the actor’s offscreen lives as well.

Johnson shocked fans in August 2016 when he wrote an Instagram post calling his male co-stars “candy asses”. He admitted the insult was intended for Diesel.

“When you watch this movie next April and it seems like I’m not acting in some of these scenes and my blood is legit boiling—you’re right,” Johnson wrote.

“It’s not always easy being an alpha. And it’s two alphas,” Diesel later told USA Today.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Here's an article I found about how the stars ensure they don't look bad in a fight.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ne-looks-like/
    Jeez. It's a miracle coherent action movies can even be made when restrictions like this are placed on movies.

Idris Elba should of easily handed them their asses, being essentially a Captain America villain. They could have hacked his upgrades and shut them off letting them win in a "fair" fight.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Idris Elba should of easily handed them their asses, being essentially a Captain America villain. They could have hacked his upgrades and shut them off letting them win in a "fair" fight.
    Or, alternately, used team work and shrapnel from the crash. Or, well, who knows? The writers could have set it up any number of ways

But yeah, Elba was a convincing bad ass in how he carried himself, but the action scenes were underwhelming vs. what I feel they could have been, should have been.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Jeez. It's a miracle coherent action movies can even be made when restrictions like this are placed on movies.
    This only seems to be with big name action stars, though. And only the ones who seem hell bent on protecting their brand.

It does make me respect Marvel, and their actors, for not going down this stupid road, though.

This only seems to be with big name action stars, though. And only the ones who seem hell bent on protecting their brand.

It does make me respect Marvel, and their actors, for not going down this stupid road, though.
    Tbf their not producing (ie: funding) the movie. Would you give money to make a movie where you get your ass kicked 24/7 ,? Especially when you make your money off your reputation thst your a hard man ?

This might only be a Fast and furious thing. I mean didnt the rock get beat half to death in that Skyscrapper movie at one point?(Only watched parts because it wasnt good) also kinda weird that no one has ever complained about the rock being a diva except during these movies.i knw the rock called Vin a candy ass and the rumors were because Vin was showing up late and being unprofessional. Since then I've seen people report it the other way around. That the Rock was the unprofessional one showing up late(Which he was filming like 2 other things during the filming of that movie so he had small windows I doubt he was showing up late and would make sense for him to be upset if Vin was. Simply because he was on a tight schedule)

As far as this movie they were getting smashed by Idris every time. The thing is this movie didnt show any real blood or gore for whatever reason. But they were being hit and sent flying throughout the movie. And then would find a way to escape basically untill the end(and if you seen it you know theyrr solution involved taking more of a beating) but yes this movie was light on any real damage shown to the characters they are all superheroes basicaly with insane durability. Also I loved the entire Samoa act. Even if a Maori was doing a bad Samoan accent, I get why they cast him because Cliff Curtis is a great actor. But yea the mom wasnt acting just talking lol Cliffs fob accent kept coming and going and he would get that New Zealand/Aussie tone of voice at times. Also Cliffs hair looked weird. Didnt look like a bad wig but it also just didnt look right to me

Ultimate Member

Tbf their not producing (ie: funding) the movie. Would you give money to make a movie where you get your ass kicked 24/7 ,? Especially when you make your money off your reputation thst your a hard man ?
    The Rock and Jason weren't funding the movie, and frankly, they can take some hits to increase dramatic tension. Bruce Willis' character got mauled in Die Hard, lost a fight against the big bad in Die Hard 2, and is still regarded as a bad ass.

That's because no matter how many times McClain got knocked down, he got right back up. There's no reason why they couldn't have done the same

The Rock and Jason weren't funding the movie, and frankly, they can take some hits to increase dramatic tension. Bruce Willis' character got mauled in Die Hard, lost a fight against the big bad in Die Hard 2, and is still regarded as a bad ass.

That's because no matter how many times McClain got knocked down, he got right back up. There's no reason why they couldn't have done the same

Afaik Producing implies your putting some of the cash up into the films production.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt6806448/f...?ref_=m_ttfc_4

Both Statham and Johnson are listed as producers.

Afaik Producing implies your putting some of the cash up into the films production.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt6806448/f...?ref_=m_ttfc_4

Both Statham and Johnson are listed as producers.
    I thought anyone who has serious input gets a Prodcuer credit. That's why Favrou gets a producer credit on avengers movies. He made the foundation those movies were built upon. I highly doubt Favrou put any money up for Avengera endgame. That may be what producers are suppose to be but people get honorary producer credits all the time. Doesnt stands Lee get one on everything Marvel including cartoons?