Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

#24 will either be just the codename and some plans or it will end with a splash page identity reveal to be explained later. It's also the last issue of the first year, so I suspect it to end with some cards on the table insanity.

"This issue won’t answer ALL your questions, but it will answer some that will drop your jaw."
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    ..."This issue won’t answer ALL your questions, but it will answer some that will drop your jaw."
    That tease has me very interested. I hope the reveal (whenever it comes) is as satisfying as the mystery has been.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

For most other Spidey secret villain reveals, we always find out their true identity at the same time as Spider-Man does, so I wonder if for the Centidemon they'll change it up by letting us know who exactly it is, but Peter still has no idea.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    While I wasn't a fan of Max Dillon being killed off, I would like to see Francine get some character development. Shes shown up quite a bit in this run of ASM, which means that Spencer definitely has plans for her.
    Most people prefer Max ( I certainly do but the difference of Electro Max to Electro Francine is not like say Goblin Norm to Goblin Harry). A prime knock on Spider-Man, is he has no female enemies on his Top-20 Rogues Gallery list ( unless you consider Felicia to be an enemy), so there is a role for her to play ( especially if Spencer finds a way for her to beat Pete, but at the same time, give give her a beatdown courtesy of MJ)
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 04-19-2019 at 05:14 PM.

I wonder if Nick Spencer will bring Max Dillon back

Spencer does seem to be returning things back to the status quo
    Wherever I Go , The Wind Follows...............................And The Wind , It Smells Like Rain

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Most people prefer Max ( I certainly do but the difference of Electro Max to Electro Francine is not like say Goblin Norm to Goblin Harry). A prime knock on Spider-Man, is he has no female enemies on his Top-20 Rogues Gallery list ( unless you consider Felicia to be an enemy), so there is a role for her to play ( especially if Spencer finds a way for her to beat Pete, but at the same time, give give her a beatdown courtesy of MJ)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa View Post
    I wonder if Nick Spencer will bring Max Dillon back

Spencer does seem to be returning things back to the status quo
    I'm guessing that if he doesn't develop Francine (which I think he will in issue #25), he'll bring back Max Dillon.

Overall, with Spencer's run, I'm getting a "Spider-Man Reborn" vibe with the restoration of continuity. And I like that!

I hope Centipede brings back Max's corpse to do a little dance and then crumble to dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Electro being the foe Peter and MJ have to fight together is a very interesting choice, mostly because she's barely been shown any sort of a character, outside of the Miles Morales Sinister Six arc, and that was mostly relegated to flirting with Aaron, so maybe this will get to show her doing something of note.
    I think she'll probably be more of a villain-of-the-week there to serve as an antagonist for Peter and MJ to team-up against.

I'd love it if MJ gets to be the one to take her down .
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    For most other Spidey secret villain reveals, we always find out their true identity at the same time as Spider-Man does, so I wonder if for the Centidemon they'll change it up by letting us know who exactly it is, but Peter still has no idea.
    Kind of reminds me of some Arrowverse villainous reveals (Reverse-Flash, Prometheus, Zoom, etc.)
    Part of me wonders whether Francine would be better served as a Miles villain instead of a Peter villain, which would be Max's job, but then I wonder whether we really need two Electro's.

I'm actually surprised how many female villains Spidey has that no one has done anything with while reading that female villains Appreciation Thread. Would rather they have brought some of them back to the forefront then the whole Queenpinarc with Felicia.

Astonishing Member

I'm guessing that if he doesn't develop Francine (which I think he will in issue #25), he'll bring back Max Dillon.

Overall, with Spencer's run, I'm getting a "Spider-Man Reborn" vibe with the restoration of continuity. And I like that!
    It is more like Peter and his supporting cast reborn. The one who really got screwed under Dan Slott was Felicia. Pete and MJ were slightly better. Why? (Pete and MJ at least had Renew Your Vows). A problem I had was not like he disliked Spider-Man, it's he preferred Otto to Pete. Dan Slott got me so frustrated over Black Cat, he actually made me sympathetic to Felicia Hardy and pre-Slott I considered her Selina Kyle lite. Spencer is getting it right.

Incredible Member

If it's that "No female adversary" schtick, then Francine Frye will be forced, as she comes off as not as any unoriginally different, than Scorpia, forced around 1995-1996 under the Scorpion name, famous by MacDonald Gargan, or Doctor Octopus II.

I understand, there still needs an Electro for an Electro, since Electro is dead, and Marvel doesn't want to cheapen that, yet, but to say "Spider-Man versus Electro" now like it will be exciting and pulse-pounding, only for that that Electro Spider-Man will fight now will be twit girl Electro, still will feel anticlimactic, but I still would feel the same on any one, man or woman, else taking on the name of "Electro" who is not Maxwell Dillion anyways, myself.
    Last edited by ngroove; 04-19-2019 at 10:19 PM.

I'm all for Francine Electro, hope she gets more development and sticks around. She started out with that interesting angle of being a villain fangirl, but then she died quickly, then she was back and her characterization as female Electro was pretty much the same as Max. Is it weird to say I find the green and yellow starfish costume looking better on her anyway, though?

Every time I see Ottley drawing Spidey I feel like he's such a perfect fit for Spidey and his world. I'm glad he's gotten to draw so many classic villains and Spidey staples already, he really puts a slick spin on them and I think with more time on the book he could wind up as one of the great Spidey artists.

Francine's origin is unique enough that if she gets like one story about her that gets into her head and new life, then she'll be much more interesting than Max, a character as deep as Garland's HP move pool, why do they all suck, WHY DO THEY ALL SUCK?!

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I'm all for Francine Electro, hope she gets more development and sticks around. She started out with that interesting angle of being a villain fangirl, but then she died quickly, then she was back and her characterization as female Electro was pretty much the same as Max. Is it weird to say I find the green and yellow starfish costume looking better on her anyway, though?

Every time I see Ottley drawing Spidey I feel like he's such a perfect fit for Spidey and his world. I'm glad he's gotten to draw so many classic villains and Spidey staples already, he really puts a slick spin on them and I think with more time on the book he could wind up as one of the great Spidey artists.
    Agreed on Ottley, but they seem to use him sparingly, which is weird. He's drawing issue 24 and 25, and then Kev Walker is drawing #26. Before all that Sandoval and Ramos draw Hunted, so the last time we'll have seen Ottley's art is issue #16. Based on his Invincible run, we know he can keep to a monthly schedule. I kind of wish he was drawing the book full time to really build his style with Spider-Man.

BANNED

Agreed on Ottley, but they seem to use him sparingly, which is weird. He's drawing issue 24 and 25, and then Kev Walker is drawing #26. Before all that Sandoval and Ramos draw Hunted, so the last time we'll have seen Ottley's art is issue #16. Based on his Invincible run, we know he can keep to a monthly schedule. I kind of wish he was drawing the book full time to really build his style with Spider-Man.
    I wish we had more Ottley too but I think the reason he seems to have been used sparingly so far is that he's gotten more extra sized issues, I believe.

He's doing #25 and #26 and then not #26 but #25 is probably a double-sized issue for Ottley so even though it's two issues, it's still a three issue workload.

I do hope that he can do a full three or four issue arc this year, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I wish we had more Ottley too but I think the reason he seems to have been used sparingly so far is that he's gotten more extra sized issues, I believe.

He's doing #25 and #26 and then not #26 but #25 is probably a double-sized issue for Ottley so even though it's two issues, it's still a three issue workload.

I do hope that he can do a full three or four issue arc this year, though.
    #25 is extra sized at 72 pages (also at $7.99), so it sounds like something big will undoubtedly go down.