Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Hickman has been writing this book for a year or over a year now. That means that they struck this deal when Red was about halfway through. I don't think it's an editor thing.

When did JDW start, again?
    March, I think. But he came in when Blue and Gold were already scheduled to end. Extermination was Paniccia's final project and Disassembled was JDW's first (well, technically X-Men Black).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know, it’s kinda amazing when you think about it that they managed to remove Laura’s conditioning when it came to the trigger scent yet apparently no one has ever thought to work with Rachel to remove the hound conditioning. The fact that she’s in the state she’s in now speaks volumes about how terrible the X-Men are with foresight.
    Interesting thing to note that Rachel's hound conditioning was removed during her run in Excalibur but somehow was brought back when she was space during War of Kings. This is why she did nit have hound markings during reloaded era but had them after her return from space.

So they literally put a mind control plot device back in her after decades of not having them for reasons

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

It's almost like the Rachel that we've had since the Morrison era is a fake and the real Rachel is still out there gallivanting around the timeline and being awesome...
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    If Matt here means Rosenberg, then thing #1 is no Havok or mention of Havok, thing #2 is that it'll take some convincing for me to think it can be a good thing for him to write her. I don't trust him given his Havok fandom and some things I've seen him say, but I also recognize that I unfairly judged Peter David before I gave him a chance when he was first announced writing Lorna again on X-Factor earlier this decade. Otherwise yeah, I wouldn't want him writing her.
    Btw..has Polaris ever met Enchantress??

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Btw..has Polaris ever met Enchantress??
    As far as I'm aware, she hasn't. If they have, it was somewhere before I found out about Lorna in 2009; my reading pre-2009 is sporadic. It would be interesting to see them interact.

Also as long as I'm posting, I feel it's worth my acknowledging a couple things. Lorna and Enchantress have similar costumes that are green, but Enchantress came first with hers; so costume was and is fine. Wanda and Enchantress also have some history together (not sure how much). It's not like them interacting would've been strange new ground, though even if it was it's generally good for characters to get to expand into new relationships anyway. The Axis stuff was only an issue because 1) Marvel had Enchantress' hair tinted green on the cover, 2) Axis cover came out at the same time Marvel was withholding the ANXF #14 cover and effectively burying the fact Lorna and Wanda were going to interact in that issue, and 3) it was part of an ongoing pattern of the Avengers side of Marvel trying to erase and replace Lorna from the Magnus family. Avengers side had also removed Lorna from a House of M family portrait in Children's Crusade, excluded her from family scenes in Avengers vs X-Men and Axis, and tried to replace her with Luminous post-Axis.
    Last edited by salarta; 04-18-2019 at 11:18 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

I will definetly get Hickman books.

BANNED

With nothin' new yet announced, August is lookin' like slim X-pickings: #s 2 & 3 for both HOX & POX, DM Logan #10, DP #16... and maybe a #23 & 24 for Uncanny, that's it.

Farewell, AoXM, it was nice gettin' to know parts of ya.

BANNED

So, literary no one is talking about these.

HOUSE OF X #1 (of 6)
    FACE THE FUTURE

POWERS OF X #1 (of 6)
    FEAR THE FUTURE

BANNED

Fear facing the future.

X-Men red was garbage long live Hickman

For Me:
    HOUSE OF X
    POWERS OF X
    UNCANNY X-MEN
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Unless some of the characters I really like are getting spotlight, I'll probably trade wait on the Hickman stuff. Like Morrison, he's a writer I tend to enjoy more if I can read his work in one sitting (but not usually enough to buy both singles and trades).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    X-Men red was garbage long live Hickman
    It was not really garbage. It was crowded & diidn't go with X men's status quo.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 04-19-2019 at 07:09 AM.

HOUSE OF X #1 (of 6)
    FACE THE REBOOT

POWERS OF X #1 (of 6)
    FEAR THE RETCONS
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    HOUSE OF X #1 (of 6)
    FACE THE REBOOT

POWERS OF X #1 (of 6)
    FEAR THE RETCONS
    Now, that's how we like it in X-office.