Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    Interesting thing to note that Rachel's hound conditioning was removed during her run in Excalibur but somehow was brought back when she was space during War of Kings. This is why she did nit have hound markings during reloaded era but had them after her return from space.

So they literally put a mind control plot device back in her after decades of not having them for reasons
    It was a decision that was made by the X-Office as Rachel would be returning from space and they would have Jean/Hope there. Aka another redhead with Phoenix-like powers. So in order to differentiate the characters (because we readers can't tell the difference) she was reverted back to her 811 settings by Yost and given the houndmarks. Yost said that the Phoenix Force removed all the good things when it was pulled from her. So her hound settings came back then. But EVERYONE who has written Rachel (minus Brubaker and Bunn) has written some type of possession enslavement. Claremont - Davis - Weinberg - Claremont - Yost - Carey - Aaron - Guggenheim - Rosenberg - Taylor - Brisson. I'm honestly wondering why is it still is ok to have a female character be forcibly enslaved by mostly male villains and have to be rescued in this day? And then literally have this same story play out in a different book by a different writer the next month. And then two months later again.
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 04-19-2019 at 07:51 AM. Reason: forgot Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    It was a decision that was made by the X-Office as Rachel would be returning from space and they would have Jean/Hope there. Aka another redhead with Phoenix-like powers. So in order to differentiate the characters (because we readers can't tell the difference) she was reverted back to her 811 settings by Yost and given the houndmarks. Yost said that the Phoenix Force removed all the good things when it was pulled from her. So her hound settings came back then. But EVERYONE who has written Rachel (minus Brubaker and Bunn) has written some type of possession enslavement. Claremont - Davis - Weinberg - Claremont - Yost - Carey - Aaron - Guggenheim - Rosenberg - Brisson. I'm honestly wondering why is it still is ok to have a female character be forcibly enslaved by mostly male villains and have to be rescued in this day? And then literally have this same story play out in a different book by a different writer the next month. And then two months later again.
    You forgot Taylor

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You forgot Taylor
    Thank you! Totes rolled Red into Rosenberg

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    it's like someone opened a backdoor and installed all kind of Trojans in her head, we need Sage/Tessa to work her mojo on her!
    OMG yes! can someone please fix her? Rachel was a great character back in Excalibur but has been pretty much everyone's mind controlled toy for far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    It was not really garbage. It was crowded & diidn't go with X men's status quo.
    You mean never letting mutants win any kind of right? Sure Jean beating Nova and speaking in that conference was pushing it, but is better than extinction event #4578

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    You mean never letting mutants win any kind of right? Sure Jean beating Nova and speaking in that conference was pushing it, but is better than extinction event #4578
    Well, I agree with you.

If X-Men Red was not status quo and Uncanny is, then I do not want the status quo.

I hope Tom Taylor gets an X-title after House/Powers of X.

Quote Originally Posted by paulojrmam View Post
    I hope Tom Taylor gets an X-title after House/Powers of X.
    Pretty sure he's solidly on team Spidey right now.

BANNED

Nick Lowe saved the X-books from Tom Taylor by stealing him just as he was offered a new X-book.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    So, literary no one is talking about these.

HOUSE OF X #1 (of 6)
    FACE THE FUTURE

POWERS OF X #1 (of 6)
    FEAR THE FUTURE
    I think there's another four letter F word they meant to use instead. Nostalgia and all.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I think there's another four letter F word they meant to use instead. Nostalgia and all.
    Well, that explains the current runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    It was a decision that was made by the X-Office as Rachel would be returning from space and they would have Jean/Hope there. Aka another redhead with Phoenix-like powers. So in order to differentiate the characters (because we readers can't tell the difference) she was reverted back to her 811 settings by Yost and given the houndmarks. Yost said that the Phoenix Force removed all the good things when it was pulled from her. So her hound settings came back then. But EVERYONE who has written Rachel (minus Brubaker and Bunn) has written some type of possession enslavement. Claremont - Davis - Weinberg - Claremont - Yost - Carey - Aaron - Guggenheim - Rosenberg - Taylor - Brisson. I'm honestly wondering why is it still is ok to have a female character be forcibly enslaved by mostly male villains and have to be rescued in this day? And then literally have this same story play out in a different book by a different writer the next month. And then two months later again.
    Honestly, it's just lazy writing since it allows them to take Rachel off the playing field and male characters to play the hero.

It's one thing for there to be a story arc which involves a female character being enslaved/tortured/mind controlled but it's another if there's no payoff where the character actually gets more an 1-panel time to actually shine. In Game of Thrones, at least what happened to Sansa was part of her character arc. In a long-form story, repeating Rachel's storyline by putting her back to being a Hound and on a long path for recovery would be fine but I don't think there's any plan. None of the writers are talking to each other, they just have individual ideas and repeat the same stories over and over.

I just cannot believe it's 2019 and this is happening in X-books. It's shameful that the 1980s books were more progressive and female characters were better written. The only comic readers who would enjoy this storyline with Rachel are the incels and Comicsgaters who want to see the female characters as sex objects and weakened.

We speak of Taylor, but Moss has been holding Coates back from the X-Books he clearly wants to write like Steve holding Thanos' fist. Now if only Brevoort didn't feel the need to share the poor man's burden...
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Honestly, it's just lazy writing since it allows them to take Rachel off the playing field and male characters to play the hero.

It's one thing for there to be a story arc which involves a female character being enslaved/tortured/mind controlled but it's another if there's no payoff where the character actually gets more an 1-panel time to actually shine. In Game of Thrones, at least what happened to Sansa was part of her character arc. In a long-form story, repeating Rachel's storyline by putting her back to being a Hound and on a long path for recovery would be fine but I don't think there's any plan. None of the writers are talking to each other, they just have individual ideas and repeat the same stories over and over.

I just cannot believe it's 2019 and this is happening in X-books. It's shameful that the 1980s books were more progressive and female characters were better written.
    I'm just an ignorant nobody but I can't help wondering what the hell are the editors doing all day, who in their right mind would even think this is interesting or engaging?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”