Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    bishop66 said a couple months ago that there would be a "House of M" type story that would adress Magneto's family. Well, we have House of X now and Magneto seems to be playing a prominent part.
    I think that the House of M story about Magneto´s family will be made in the fall while House of X will be about Xavier, Magneto and the X-men Mythos.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Wake me up when there's something to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I could go for her doing an X-Factor revival with this cast

Bishop
    Polaris
    Moonstar
    Beast
    M
    Rictor
    I'd go with either Polaris leading the book, leading a different book, or presence on X-Factor only being the lesser part of some other BIG things she's doing elsewhere.

I'm generally iffy about Lorna's association with X-Factor because I think Marvel editors and writers default to it because they don't want to put any thought into her. She was the second woman to join the X-Men, she's existed for over 50 years now, she survived the Genoshan genocide, but people at Marvel seem to keep acting like X-Factor and "Havok's girlfriend" are all there is to say about her.

Aside from that, I have issues with the idea of Lorna being on a book titled X-Factor if that's all she's doing and she's not the leader. I'd take that as an insulting demotion for her, especially after Marvel didn't give her a fair shot during her time as leader of All-New X-Factor - the only time Marvel's ever let her be a team leader as more than a temporary stand-in. Marvel didn't give ANXF any promotion or support. They kept Pietro off the covers while Days of Future Past was in theaters. They withheld the cover for ANXF #14 - the most marketable issue, with Lorna and Wanda spending time together - until the Friday before release, when they could've easily put that cover out at least a month in advance. While also having a variant cover for Axis #1 out months in advance that paired Enchantress with Wanda and tinted their hair to make Enchantress look more like Lorna (to this day I still have to correct people that the Axis cover is actually Enchantress).

Lorna could have a solo, mini or oneshot. She could lead a different team. She could be a prominent member of a different team with occasional appearances elsewhere. Any of those scenarios, to me, would be good for her being just a member of X-Factor or making appearances on the book. But if it's "member of X-Factor team led by someone else" and nothing else, then no.
    Last edited by salarta; 04-18-2019 at 03:22 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I can definitively prove that Murphy's Law is real if Matt gets his X-Factor book but it has Lorna in it.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I can definitively prove that Murphy's Law is real if Matt gets his X-Factor book but it has Lorna in it.
    If Matt here means Rosenberg, then thing #1 is no Havok or mention of Havok, thing #2 is that it'll take some convincing for me to think it can be a good thing for him to write her. I don't trust him given his Havok fandom and some things I've seen him say, but I also recognize that I unfairly judged Peter David before I gave him a chance when he was first announced writing Lorna again on X-Factor earlier this decade. Otherwise yeah, I wouldn't want him writing her.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Just the Hickman stuff for me but it has me very excited.

The Big Hick is here!

So are we going straight from AOX to HPOX?

if so, by the time we finish the latter,
    It is going to be VERY long time time period (from start to finish) where there is no stable consistent run that isn’t AU/time travel/retcon (whatever HPOX ends up being).
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

AGE OF X-MAN: PRISONER X #5 (of 5)
    AGE OF X-MAN: APOCALYPSE & THE X-TRACTS #5 (of 5)
    AGE OF X-MAN OMEGA #1
    UNCANNY X-MEN #21 & #22
    HOUSE OF X #1 (of 6)
    POWERS OF X #1 (of 6)

Also...
    Last edited by nx01a; 04-18-2019 at 04:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

If I were to bet on a lineup for Rosenberg's X-Factor it'd be: Madrox, Magik, Banshee, Havok, Polaris and Beast

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    it's like someone opened a backdoor and installed all kind of Trojans in her head, we need Sage/Tessa to work her mojo on her!
    Back when Rachel came back and was at war with Emma, it would have made sense for Emma to Rachel out that she's actually dangerous to the X-Men. Rachel went from being a captive & enslaved and needing to be rescued and then being a captive and enslaved and needing to be rescued again within weeks of being back. So there's justification for Emma to have been worried.

But for this to happen AGAIN? Ugh. If Rachel somehow makes it out of this storyline alive, someone seriously needs to bring that up.

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

I guess everything's ending this month. Hopefully Hickman's worth it.

I'll be grabbing:
    • Age of X-Man Omega #1 - Just to see how it plays out. It'll be interesting to see if it leads directly into PoX & HoX or what.
    • House of X #1 (of 6) - I love Pepe Larraz...
    • Powers of X #1 (of 6) - ...& R.B. Silva! Hopefully Hickman lives up to expectations!
    • Uncanny X-Men #21-22 - I know I've liked Rosenberg's run. I'll be sad to see it end. Hopefully it goes out with a bang.

This much knowledge ahead of time is ruining people's fandoms. It either kills anticipation through sounding vague and unsatisfying, shrinking people's pull list in the future, or acts as a spoiler (why bother buying the last few MMX), shrinking pull lists now.

RIP MMX. It was a fantastic series.

Uncanny and Hickman for me, wanting to see what Emma's role will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    This much knowledge ahead of time is ruining people's fandoms. It either kills anticipation through sounding vague and unsatisfying, shrinking people's pull list in the future, or acts as a spoiler (why bother buying the last few MMX), shrinking pull lists now.
    It's a bit of a catch-22. They rely on pre-orders for issues, but if they give the stinger information to draw pre-orders, it also can damage the outlook.