Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post

The writer of Prisoner X is very talented (same is true of all the Age of X-man books though they just do not interest me all that much).
    Polaris fans say it's kinda same plot she has in gifted tv series. How true is that?

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Polaris fans say it's kinda same plot she has in gifted tv series. How true is that?
    This Lorna is nothing like Lorna from The Gifted. The only similarities they share is that both are in jail. The plots couldnt be any more different

Incredible Member

It's not male/female thing.It's rachel thing. She's higher up on power level but not that popular. With telepathic attacks, you need to show how dangerous the villain is. And that goes with taking control of other telepaths. But the X men don't have male telepaths; those they have are not in X book. So rachel is the punching bag.And yes I don't like what they're doing to rachel. This is straight up bad for her character.
    I think it is more that Rachel has no place in X-men anymore and writers and editors have no idea what to do and end up with same thing over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This Lorna is nothing like Lorna from The Gifted. The only similarities they share is that both are in jail. The plots couldnt be any more different
    First, I'm going to note that on CBR I seem to be the only person drawing attention to how Prisoner X is clearly taking from Gifted season 1 Lorna and handing what she had to Bishop. Outside of CBR is a different story, but on here, I seem to be alone (as per usual when I call attention to basically anything).

Second, the plots are different as Havok83 says. What makes it an issue is same basic setting, same basic concepts, same basic premise, paired with recency and Lorna reduced from leading like she did on Gifted to being a supporting character for another character (a man, again) leading it. All while Marvel once again takes something from her and gives it to a character they consider "better."

The differences appear to be a mutant causing it, characters having mental issues and delusions, and uncovering the truth about the prison and its purpose. This is compared to Gifted's human operators, no mental issues raised, and there being no secret purpose. The similarities are in being locked up for supposed "crimes" committed (not just for being a mutant), the inter-prisoner dynamics apparently being where they're all at each others' throats (I'm going by solicits when I say this), and the prison aesthetics including power dampeners and clothes. Lorna getting hated on and abused by other prisoners was a pretty big element of her prison time in Gifted.

In other words, the broader vision and context of the book is Gifted season 1 Lorna. Prisoner X just gives it new deeper layers, but applies them to someone else.

It's a bit like if Avengers vs X-Men pretended that what they used for the Phoenix Five was an entirely new and different cosmic entity despite it having all the same markers and same general aesthetic. People would've called that out as a Dark Phoenix knockoff even with its usage as five separate X-Men trying to be totalitarian rulers rather than simply one X-Men member becoming power mad and destroying things on a cosmic level.
    Last edited by salarta; 04-19-2019 at 11:47 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)