Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    yikes, I really hope Hickman’s run does good for the franchise. And keep Vita Ayala!!!
    I could go for her doing an X-Factor revival with this cast

Bishop
    Polaris
    Moonstar
    Beast
    M
    Rictor

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Only the Hickman minis and X-force for me.

I think they can be good is just that they had to prepare everything for hickman and that made everything feel filler. Hopeful they can redeem themselves after this complicated period of transition.
    Rosenberg has had plenty of X-projects over the past year and they've all suffered. I dont think its fair to blame that on Hickman. Rosenberg's just not that good.

Fantastic Member

very early things may have changed already but the plan is now with the legacy numbering i mentioned before most marvel books besides maybe amazing spidey wont go beyond issue 25 ..so im hearing after the 12 hickman issues hes getting uncanny and adjectiveless x-men with new number 1's with each at 18 issues a year kinda like with avengers new avengers ...also contrary to what is discussed on these boards rosenberg run is very well received by retailers and he will be getting a new x-book. Im sure there might be one or two solo series as well havent heard on which characters though

So it's the month Hickman finally comes to save the X-Men. I just fear for the amount of retconning the synopsis of the minis foretell.

Incredible Member

Rachel getting mind controlled is her normal state now?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Only the Hickman minis and X-force for me.

I think they can be good is just that they had to prepare everything for hickman and that made everything feel filler. Hopeful they can redeem themselves after this complicated period of transition.
    Actually White would not be so bad if he did not have that strange obsession with Cyclops since Schism.

Rosenberg is simply mediocre. The best thing I've read about him is Secret Warriors, which is okay / good, but nothing impressive.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    I think Brisson is going to make her be a Dark Phoenix hound under Stryfe's leash and they have to put her down at the end to save the world/timeline. Congrats Marvel, you have assassinated a character fully with no redemption.

Wouldn't it be cool if they brought X-Force back, folks?! Like, the original team but with some cool new additions?!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Wouldn't it be cool if they brought X-Force back, folks?! Like, the original team but with some cool new additions?!
    I'm not sure if such a pitch would get people hyped. Maybe if an unrelated event was derailed to set up a realunch.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I could go for her doing an X-Factor revival with this cast

Bishop
    Polaris
    Moonstar
    Beast
    M
    Rictor

Rosenberg has had plenty of X-projects over the past year and they've all suffered. I dont think its fair to blame that on Hickman. Rosenberg's just not that good.
    Replace Beast with Prodigy and I would be all over that book.

I think Rosenberg could be a great writer, he has some interesting ideas and I enjoy his humor, but his execution is flawed and the resolutions are usually lackluster. Maybe a stronger editorial influence would help?

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    very early things may have changed already but the plan is now with the legacy numbering i mentioned before most marvel books besides maybe amazing spidey wont go beyond issue 25 ..so im hearing after the 12 hickman issues hes getting uncanny and adjectiveless x-men with new number 1's with each at 18 issues a year kinda like with avengers new avengers ...also contrary to what is discussed on these boards rosenberg run is very well received by retailers and he will be getting a new x-book. Im sure there might be one or two solo series as well havent heard on which characters though
    I hope this is another prediction from you that turns out to be true!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    This is getting ridiculous. WTF? So much with strong female characters.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Praise be to our lord and savior, The Hickman! Mr. and Mrs. X is CANCELLED, binch!

Y’all know how sometimes a writer loves a character too much and they just kinda **** everything up? That’s MMX. That’s that book. Can’t wait for the this team book that they’ve never been on to get cancelled too so they’ll finally get divorced.

Other than that, everything’s awesome. Age of X-Man and Hickman are gonna **** my **** up.
    The year is 2022. Gambit has just made his first appearance in years. It's a story where he plays the role of incompetent, amoral buffoon, causing the problem for Cannonball and Sunspot to swoop in and fix. It ends with him returning to limbo. Hickman's characterisation makes Guggenheim look like Asmus.

Fanboys twist themselves into knots arguing that this is still better than Thompson because at least Gambit's not suffering a fate as terrible as...being married.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    ...also contrary to what is discussed on these boards rosenberg run is very well received by retailers and he will be getting a new x-book. Im sure there might be one or two solo series as well havent heard on which characters though
    badass, thanks Bishopposter

Rosenberg and Brisson will definitely be getting new books. But hopefully they're not cheeks, because I actually want some exceptional Brisson kissin'.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Mackandal View Post
    The year is 2022. Gambit has just made his first appearance in years. It's a story where he plays the role of incompetent, amoral buffoon, causing the problem for Cannonball and Sunspot to swoop in and fix. It ends with him returning to limbo. Hickman's characterisation makes Guggenheim look like Asmus.

Fanboys twist themselves into knots arguing that this is still better than Thompson because at least Gambit's not suffering a fate as terrible as...being married.
    The marriage was such a shitty idea to begin with. And Hickman is good with characterization even if his runs aren’t character focused, so I doubt that’ll happen (also he might not touch Gambit and leave him for someone like Ayala or Thompson/Nadler).

If Marvel and KT wanted MMX to last, then they should’ve taken steps to make the book read more like the mini and not a fanfic highlight reel (also better coloring, because D’Amarta is bland).