Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    This is getting ridiculous. WTF? So much with strong female characters.
    I am pretty sure she has spent more panel being mind controlled than not for last few months

Regarding the sales of Rosenberg, I think that if you put Scott and Logan on the same team after so many years apart, it does not matter the quality, it will sell well.

BANNED

Apocalypse was evil all along? What a tweeeest.
    So, This is Forever is ending with everything coming together. Brace yourselves for the reveal that the X-Men are stuck on a simulation of Sinister or he's behind everything (IT WAS ME, SCOTT! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!).
    Mr. And Mrs. X ending is sad but not that sad. Shame X-Force never really took off. Let's hope the Hickman manages to write a great story despite the editorial.

Tuning in for Hickman's X-Men. Celebrating the end of this Deadpool run.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

HiX-Men's HoX and PoX...that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    This is getting ridiculous. WTF? So much with strong female characters.
    it's like someone opened a backdoor and installed all kind of Trojans in her head, we need Sage/Tessa to work her mojo on her!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    very early things may have changed already but the plan is now with the legacy numbering i mentioned before most marvel books besides maybe amazing spidey wont go beyond issue 25 ..so im hearing after the 12 hickman issues hes getting uncanny and adjectiveless x-men with new number 1's with each at 18 issues a year kinda like with avengers new avengers ...also contrary to what is discussed on these boards rosenberg run is very well received by retailers and he will be getting a new x-book. Im sure there might be one or two solo series as well havent heard on which characters though
    Thanks for this. Sounds good and fair to me. I like Rosenberg's writing; I haven't read the last issue of UNCANNY so can't comment, but overall I think he's been handicapped as to how deep he can get into his story lines, because plans have been changing.

Also, not directed at bishop66, but JDW is a good editor! I think he's been dealing with previous plans, trying to get his office in order for the new direction. I imagine it's not easy to make these moves, cancel books that have passionate followers, let writers and artists go and move others to new books. I reserve judgement of his tenure until several years have gone by, and we can see how this streamlining of the X-Line pans out.

I have a theory--I think Marvel is still keeping the X-Men on cold water, if not ice, waiting to see how Marvel Studios and the television division want to handle them. I know that is counter-intuitive, because publishing is supposed to be the dog that wags the movie/tv tail, but the thought occurred to me.

Anyway, I would love to see the X-Men franchise streamlined, with Hickman on both the flagship titles and some of these great writers on other X-Books. It would be nice if this lasts at least 2 years. It's unnerving, these constant book reboots and creative team changes and the jagged continuity this causes.

The solicitations are a wrapping-up, I guess. If you've been following Age of X-Man then you'll buy the finales. You want to get in on the ground floor of the two Hickman books. There's always a Wolverine book for his fans. I guess the real fireworks will be in the fall? Personally, I'm more concerned with my favorite characters and what's going to happen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    very early things may have changed already but the plan is now with the legacy numbering i mentioned before most marvel books besides maybe amazing spidey wont go beyond issue 25 ..so im hearing after the 12 hickman issues hes getting uncanny and adjectiveless x-men with new number 1's with each at 18 issues a year kinda like with avengers new avengers ...also contrary to what is discussed on these boards rosenberg run is very well received by retailers and he will be getting a new x-book. Im sure there might be one or two solo series as well havent heard on which characters though
    Out of curiosity, have you heard any information about a new Wolverine solo?. I feels weird that he is back without one at the moment.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

A few things to key off of:

Uncanny:
    As Cyclops’ cleanup mission nears its close, all the problems the X-Men face come together. The truth behind the Hellfire Club’s intentions, the culmination of the O.N.E.’s assaults on mutantkind and even the inner struggles within the team... It all ends here. This is forever.

X-Force:
    Will Cable and his X-Force be able to stop them, or will the time stream be forever altered? Find out in this final showdown!

PoX:
    Intertwining with HOUSE OF X, POWERS OF X reveals the secret past, present and future of mutantkind, changing the way you look at every X-Men story before and after. You do not want to miss the next seminal moment in the history of the X-Men!

This stinks of a major retcon to me, or maybe more than one. It seems Marvel is saying clearly that canon is about to be turned on it's ear. I'm trying to imagine what single retcon could effect literally every X-Men story, or even the majority of them. Or it's all just BS. I'm really not sure.

What's the sense of this? Is it all smoke and mirrors or will meaningful change actually occur?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post

Uncanny:
    As Cyclops’ cleanup mission nears its close, all the problems the X-Men face come together. The truth behind the Hellfire Club’s intentions, the culmination of the O.N.E.’s assaults on mutantkind and even the inner struggles within the team... It all ends here. This is forever.

X-Force:
    Will Cable and his X-Force be able to stop them, or will the time stream be forever altered? Find out in this final showdown!

PoX:
    Intertwining with HOUSE OF X, POWERS OF X reveals the secret past, present and future of mutantkind, changing the way you look at every X-Men story before and after. You do not want to miss the next seminal moment in the history of the X-Men!

This stinks of a major retcon to me, or maybe more than one. It seems Marvel is saying clearly that canon is about to be turned on it's ear. I'm trying to imagine what single retcon could effect literally every X-Men story, or even the majority of them. Or it's all just BS. I'm really not sure.

What's the sense of this? Is it all smoke and mirrors or will meaningful change actually occur?
    bishop66 said a couple months ago that there would be a "House of M" type story that would adress Magneto's family. Well, we have House of X now and Magneto seems to be playing a prominent part.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post

Uncanny:

X-Force:

PoX:

I feel something is going to be changed. Good or bad, we'll have to see. Based off what Hickman said at that panel, it might upset quite a few people. Then again, it could be nothing to just hype the story.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Magneto bouta be retconned into Iron Man's dad. Spider-Man's, too. He might even be my dad?!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Seriously though, are we paying a buck extra for Hickman because the charts and graphs will be of unusually high quality?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Truth to tell...I'm not going to be too pressed if they do a huge retcon of the x-mythos.
    While it may canonically change certain elements the past 50-plus years...it doesn't erase the last 50-plus years from existence. We would still have our singles and trades to revisit.
    I just hope that if they do a line-wide retcon...it will be interesting and executed well and thoughtfully...that's all I ask.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-18-2019 at 02:35 PM.

I've deleted a number of posts from this thread.

Folks, remember the guidelines - no personal remarks regarding creators. No trying to start fights.
    Be civil. Talk about works, not creators.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules