Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Has X-23 been canceled?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karatattoo View Post
    Has X-23 been canceled?
    Yes. It was stated a while back the series would be ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    So are we going straight from AOX to HPOX?

if so, by the time we finish the latter,
    It is going to be VERY long time time period (from start to finish) where there is no stable consistent run that isn’t AU/time travel/retcon (whatever HPOX ends up being).
    Well at least many readers are skipping Age of X-man, but it is really weird jump straight to another event that probably is a AU/time travel/whatever

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Well at least many readers are skipping Age of X-man, but it is really weird jump straight to another event that probably is a AU/time travel/whatever
    Seems like we've been in a transitional period since ResurrXion. lol

I guess 2020 will be the year stuff finally settles down.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Seems like we've been in a transitional period since ResurrXion. lol

I guess 2020 will be the year stuff finally settles down.
    i think after Bendis X-books are directionless. Now with Hickman x-men will have a direction again

i think after Bendis X-books are directionless. Now with Hickman x-men will have a direction again
    they've had directions, just not interesting ones that people cared for

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Resurrxion tried to give them a direction, but they failed. X-Men Red set up a wonderful status quo that literally went ignored presumably because we've been coasting along since the midway point of that series waiting for Hickman to be ready to start his series. I wish that the ride up to it, Red aside, had just been that much more enjoyable.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Back when Rachel came back and was at war with Emma, it would have made sense for Emma to Rachel out that she's actually dangerous to the X-Men. Rachel went from being a captive & enslaved and needing to be rescued and then being a captive and enslaved and needing to be rescued again within weeks of being back. So there's justification for Emma to have been worried.

But for this to happen AGAIN? Ugh. If Rachel somehow makes it out of this storyline alive, someone seriously needs to bring that up.
    You know, it’s kinda amazing when you think about it that they managed to remove Laura’s conditioning when it came to the trigger scent yet apparently no one has ever thought to work with Rachel to remove the hound conditioning. The fact that she’s in the state she’s in now speaks volumes about how terrible the X-Men are with foresight.

BANNED

Resurexion wasn’t a direction, it was just a status quo. The books didn’t work towards anything or had any goal, nor was there any connection between them. Even the ANAD era had trying to solve the terrigenocide as an endpoint.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

I'll probably give it a shot anyway, but I just can't with those HoX/PoX solicitations, lol. It's like the x-office is trying to jinx itself with the over-the-top chest-pumping. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Resurexion wasn’t a direction, it was just a status quo. The books didn’t work towards anything or had any goal, nor was there any connection between them. Even the ANAD era had trying to solve the terrigenocide as an endpoint.
    And that was my fav. era. We had some good teams, and even if people were tired of the extinction plots, that was still a common direction & connected plot. And there was 2 good runs I enjoyed then.

ResurrXion is where things fell off the wagon for me, and there's still been no recovery, imo. Hickman may change that of course, but it seems even that will take a while since he's gotta start setting up with HoX and PoX. The books I enjoyed most have been outside of the X-Office minis.

BANNED

Everybody bomb Chris Hassan with X-Men Monday questions about HiX-Men price point.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Resurrxion tried to give them a direction, but they failed. X-Men Red set up a wonderful status quo that literally went ignored presumably because we've been coasting along since the midway point of that series waiting for Hickman to be ready to start his series. I wish that the ride up to it, Red aside, had just been that much more enjoyable.
    I think things changed when editors changed. There were more plans for Blue for example, and it all fell down with JDW arriving on X-books. X-men Red was a really good direction, but HICKMAN happened

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I think things changed when editors changed. There were more plans for Blue for example, and it all fell down with JDW arriving on X-books. X-men Red was a really good direction, but HICKMAN happened
    Hickman has been writing this book for a year or over a year now. That means that they struck this deal when Red was about halfway through. I don't think it's an editor thing.

When did JDW start, again?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    So, guys what's new today?

NOTHING.

BORING.
    Agreed! Not sure about how long everyone else has been following the X-books but this seems like the least interesting direction since I started reading 35 years ago! Loved that the New Mutants started to be included in this last storyline but it all seems like a set up for another alternate reality/ mix of what’s already been done! Sadly I might be ready to give up after 4 decades!