Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Marvel July 2019 Solicits

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Looks like I'll be picking up RUNAWAYS #23 as expected, and seeing that Clint McElroy is getting more work from Marvel I'll be checking out MARVEL TEAM UP #4.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Looks like I'll be picking up RUNAWAYS #23 as expected, and seeing that Clint McElroy is getting more work from Marvel I'll be checking out MARVEL TEAM UP #4.
    Oh, and the X-STATIX one-shot. I'm actually incredibly stoked for it.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

What I am buying

History of the Marvel Universe 1
    War of the Realms: Omega
    Valkyrie 1
    Avengers 21-22
    Weapon Hex Annual 1
    Savage Avengers 3
    Thanos 4
    Guardians of the Galaxy 7
    Silver Surfer: Black 2
    Domino: Hotshots 5
    Star Wars 68, 69

Astonishing Member

Marvel possibly bringing Manga into their comics?! Count me interested.

I don't know how I feel about Valkyrie, the Valkyrie's were always a step down from the Gods so similar to braun this feels like a nerf. They should have just gave her the ultimate hammer instead or a mjornir from a different universe. But it is Jason Aaron writing it so that's the only reason
    why I'm giving it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Marvel possibly bringing Manga into their comics?! Count me interested.

I don't know how I feel about Valkyrie, the Valkyrie's were always a step down from the Gods so similar to braun this feels like a nerf. They should have just gave her the ultimate hammer instead or a mjornir from a different universe. But it is Jason Aaron writing it so that's the only reason
    why I'm giving it a shot.
    The comic Valkyrie's have never seemed all that distinct from actual Asgardians so I don't expect it to be different with Jane here, although I guess it is interesting to ponder whether her status as a Valkyrie is different from when she was Thor (does she still need to transform? Is she permanently divine now?).

Seeing the Punisher on the cover of the Thor event epilogue just makes me yearn for death in a way I cannot truly describe.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Jen is looking pretty good on that cover of Avengers. Looks like a nice compromise between normal and over hulled. Though those wrists look weeeeeeird.

Also, I don't read a lot of Ghost Rider. When was Johnny Blaze King of Hell?

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Jen is looking pretty good on that cover of Avengers. Looks like a nice compromise between normal and over hulled. Though those wrists look weeeeeeird.
    The anime hair is a little distracting...
    Also, I don't read a lot of Ghost Rider. When was Johnny Blaze King of Hell?
    At the end of Damnation.

Yeah, that's why Mephisto was in Vegas, time is all wonky in Hell and Johnny took advantage of that to conquer Hell while Mephisto was in Vegas. It was teased that Strange was going to go rescue him with a new Midnight Sons team, but nothing ever came of it. Seems it may be followed up in Avengers instead, which makes some sense, since Aaron has been dropping Mephisto teases throughout, I presume this is the start of those teases coming to fruition.

Anyway, not a lot here that I am interested in that wasn't already dropped early, but it does seem like a fun month. and the swimsuit (summer) special is back! hah!

Not sure how i feel about Kamala getting a new costume, tho.
    Last edited by Raye; 04-18-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Yeah, that's why Mephisto was in Vegas, time is all wonky in Hell and Johnny took advantage of that to conquer Hell while Mephisto was in Vegas. It was teased that Strange was going to go rescue him with a new Midnight Sons team, but nothing ever came of it. Seems it may be followed up in Avengers instead, which makes some sense, since Aaron has been dropping Mephisto teases throughout, I presume this is the start of those teases coming to fruition.

Anyway, not a lot here that I am interested in that wasn't already dropped early, but it does seem like a fun month. and the swimsuit (summer) special is back! hah!

Not sure how i feel about Kamala getting a new costume, tho.
    And that costume is permanent too - she has it on the Marvel Team-Up cover. Looks like she isn't in July's Champions - which looks like a Nova solo issue - so I guess she'll have it there from issue 8.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Invisible Woman #1 - Ecstatic that this is happening and looking forward to it. Hope it does really well.

Fearless #1 - Seems interesting

Fantastic Four #12 - Love a good Thing vs Hulk fight and looking forward to seeing the Future Foundation again

Fantastic Four: Prodigal Sun #1

House of X #1 - Intrigued to see what Hickman has planned for the X-Men

Power of X #1 - Same as above
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Alright big month!!

House of X #1
    Powers of X #1

Welcome back Hickman. One of my favorite writers across the industry.

Wolverine and Captain America Weapon Plus #1
    Captain America #12
    Tony Stark Iron Man #14
    Amazing Spider-Man #25 & 26
    Daredevil #8
    The Punisher #13
    Punisher Kill Krew #1
    Punisher Annual #1
    Uncanny X-Men #21 & 22

Woo... haven't had a month like this in a while.