Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Immortal Hulk, Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man: Life story, Guardians of the galaxy, The Invaders, venom, silver surfer: black, house/powers of X,
    Going to give invisible woman and black cat a try too.

BANNED

Quite a month!

It's a slight bummer, although not surprising, that it looks like Rosenberg's Uncanny run is going to end as Hickman's two X-books begin.

I've really enjoyed what Rosenberg has been doing on Uncanny (and on all his X-books so far) so I hope that he is far from done with the X-Men.

But on the upside for Rosenberg, I'm stoked to have it confirmed that his Punisher run is rolling on. One of my favorite books, month in and month out.

Champions, History of the MU, Hot Shots, Iron Heart (ugh... Strange shows up everywhere), Miles Morales, Runaways, Spider-Man: Life Story, Superior Spider-Man.
    Maybe Marvel Swimsuit, Aero and Sword Master if the art is good enough
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I'll be adding Invisible Woman and Jane Foster: Valkyrie to my pull list.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Definitely:
    New Mutants 98 Facsimile Edition - I have pretty much all of New Mutants after Claremont left except this issue because it's too pricey.
    Invaders 7 - This story has been great. Looks like we're getting a second trade.
    Captain Marvel 8 - It looks like Kelly Thompson is following up from Margaret Stohl's Life of Captain Marvel.
    Daredevil 8 - Poor Matt.

Probably:
    War of the Realms Omega - I've read the rest, I'll finish this.
    Avengers 21 & 22 - I guess I'm in this book for the long haul. Both stories seem intriguing.
    Black Panther 14 - Definitely confirms this story isn't ending any time soon.
    Marvel Comics Presents 7 - I wonder if this will keep going for a while or stop soon.
    Marvel Rising 5

Maybe:
    History of the Marvel Universe - I'd love this even better if it were Al Ewing, but I'm curious about this.
    Loki 1 - Daniel Kibblesmith has been great.
    Fearless - I dislike the title. I'm intrigued by this.
    Death's Head - I know little about the character beyond that he's a cult British character and he appeared in a Black Bolt issue, but I support the wacky and the weird.
    Aero - Speaking of supporting something, maybe I'll support this too.
    Sword Master - I think I can pick one or the other.

Random thoughts:
    Marvels Epilogue - I haven't read Marvels yet, so I'll have to pass on this, but I hope it ends up well.
    Magnificent Ms. Marvel 5 - I don't want Kamala to have a new costume.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Thoughts:

- A Marvels epilogue focusing on the Phoenix saga, huh? Well, I guess they say you can never have enough Marvels...

- If nothing else, the "History of the Marvel Universe" will be a good refresher with some very pretty art.

- Curious to see how long this new Loki solo runs for.

- "What's next for Jane Foster, now free of the hammer she was willing to die to hold?" Man, that almost makes it sound like she was as obsessed with the hammer as Thor was.

- Welp, looks like we've got magic Punisher now.

- "Who took up the mantle when no other hero - god or human - was worthy." Well, I wouldn't go that far...also kind of ironic to call her Thor's most "steadfast companion" given how in and out of the book Jane has been until Aaron made her a lead character again. I wouldn't put her on par with Sif or the Warriors Three.

- Fearless seems like a very female-oriented mag. Not sure what the incentive is for something like this out-of-the-blue, but I hope the stories are good.

- Well, I guess if anyone has the right to call Tony off for "falling off the wagon," it's the person he's a sponsor for. I just hope Carol is more understanding and less demanding.

- Looking forward to Sue with her own book (even if it is a mini).

- Why does She-Hulk have anime hair now?

- Welp, Billy and Tommy are still associated with the "Young Avengers" name. Guess you can't really get away from that one.

- Aero and Sword Master make me think they've revived the Marvel Mangaverse. They just look so...anime, which makes me wonder how well they'll jive within the Marvel Universe (assuming they get used at all). I am definitely interested in their stories though.

- Poor Bruce...his loved ones always end up either dead or turned into Gamma monsters .

- PAD writing the FF, Guardians, and Silver Surfer together should be interesting. None of them are his usual wheelhouse.

- "It's time for Cap to try something new!" I would hope so, since it sounds like a plot Steve's been through 2-3 times already.

- Why is the Hildegarde on that Thor Carnage variant? Are they really trying that hard to replace Volstagg with her?

- Reading Conan in that Savage Avengers solicit kind of takes me out of it.

- Never expected to see the Swimsuit (Summer) Special make a comeback.

- Judging from that cover, it looks like Iron Man (or the rest of the Avengers) come in to get in the Invaders way.

- Looks like Cates is picking off the old main Guardians one by one...

- We can still call Clea the "love of Stephen's life?"

- I don't really see the big deal about Carol being half-Kree coming out to the public, but these are Marvel civilians I'm talking about...

- So is this space Black Panther story almost over?

- I don't see Kamala's new costume sticking if only because it really doesn't look that different from her old look and the new detailing just seems like more of a pain for artists to keep up with.

- Will Riri react better to magic then her other tech peers have?

- Looks like Marvel Team-Up is finally living up to it's name, and a Kamala and Carol team-up involving Mar-Vell actually sounds pretty interesting.

Avengers #21-22
    Guardians of the galaxy #7
    Savage Avengers #3
    Silver Surfer: Black #2
    House of X #1
    Powers of X #1

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - I don't see Kamala's new costume sticking if only because it really doesn't look that different from her old look and the new detailing just seems like more of a pain for artists to keep up with.
    Really?

Looks very different to me.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    It seems so weird to me that Clint McElroy is writing comics.
    Comics writing is kind of an odd post-retirement career, but I think it's kind of neat. His comics career didn't really take off back in the 80s/90s, but thanks to his family's work on The Zone Cast graphic novel he's getting some fairly high profile gigs decades later. It's a weird career path, but I respect it.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Really?

I do notice the differences more now, even if the base design is still very familiar.

Also looks like a pain to draw .

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Really?

Not sure why, but i kind of like it.🤷🏻*♂️

I'll be getting:
    War of the Realms Omega #1
    Punisher Kill Krew #1
    Tony Stark: Iron Man #14 Really looking forward to this issue were Tony and Carol will talk about their sobriety
    Avengers #21 and #22
    Savage Avengers #3
    Invaders #7 This one is a big IF!
    Marvel Comics Presents #7
    The Punisher #13
    Punisher Annual #1
    War of Realms TPB
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - Poor Bruce...his loved ones always end up either dead or turned into Gamma monsters .
    I think I'm dropping Immortal Hulk now. I've had it with them putting Bruce and Betty at odds, it's just depressing and makes neither character look good.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Definite:
    -Immortal Hulk #20
    -Immortal Hulk #21
    -Venom #16
    -Thanos #4
    -Guardians of the Galaxy #7
    -Captain Marvel #8
    -Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History #5

Maybe:
    -Marvel Summer Special #1
    -Silver Surfer: Black #2
    -Venom Annual #1

Want, but can't:
    -Valkyrie #1
    -Fearless #1
    -Symbiote Spider-Man #4
    -Web of Venom: Funeral Pyre #1
    -Marvel Team-Up #4
    Baby Thanos

Alright big month!!

House of X #1
    Powers of X #1

Welcome back Hickman. One of my favorite writers across the industry.

Wolverine and Captain America Weapon Plus #1
    Captain America #12
    Tony Stark Iron Man #14
    Amazing Spider-Man #25 & 26
    Daredevil #8
    The Punisher #13
    Punisher Kill Krew #1
    Punisher Annual #1
    Uncanny X-Men #21 & 22

Woo... haven't had a month like this in a while.