BANNED

Default Captain Marvel's Brain Damage.

I red the greek edition of the Enemy Within arc which run between Captain Marvel and Avengers Asseble from the first Marvel Now era.
    I saw that Carol was suffering from some sort of brain damage which forbid her from using her flying.
    How did she got it and how she was cured from that?
    It will take some time before they publish the second half of the story and i would apprieciate any kind of insight.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Honestly, I don't remember how it started.

spoilers:
    However, it literally ended with her burning her brain out and losing all her memories.
    end of spoilers
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Basically a couple issues before the start of The Enemy Within, Carol discovered she had the brain tumour that hurt her anytime she flew, which I believe was due to Yon-Rogg messing with her memories and using her brain as a power source to create that Kree city. By the end of the story, Carol flew out into space in order to break the power connection, but at the supposed cost of receiving permanent brain damage.

Though this is where it gets kind of confusing, because the rest of the issues from that volume, two Infinity tie-ins and an epilogue issue, seem to state that while Carol didn't recover any of her actual memories herself, but instead re-learned everything from her friends, though without the emotional connections. However then the book got relaunched (with the same writer), and while there are hints to Carol's memory loss, like being the reason why she goes out into space to rediscover herself, it isn't brought up again and doesn't really effect her personality wise.

And especially most recently in Life Of Captain Marvel when she's flashing back to her early childhood, I think its been retconned that she's gotten all of her memories back again.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Ever since Rogue attacked her, it's been established that she had the physical memories of her childhood, but no emotional connection to those memories. Apparently the same thing happened again in The Enemy Within. Given that, I don't think Life of Captain Marvel is necessarily inconsistent there.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?