Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I am interested in Aero and Swordmaster. Because fate of these books don't seem to be completely in the American Market but in the foreign market. I love the experiment of these books I just hope they get chance to stick around and I love that amount of Asian characters have gone up quite bit. In world where China is second biggest movie box office in world having Asian characters to showcase is good idea. I don't think style of art is necessarily the best approach unless they have solid plan for the asian market.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Definitely:
    HOUSE OF X #1 (of 6) - I am cautiously optimistic for this.
    POWERS OF X #1 (of 6) - Solid typo in the solicitation. Also, this... no clue what this is given nothing is revealed AT ALL.
    VENOM #16 - YAY, Cates is back! Slogging through Bunn's issues is gonna be a struggle, but at least it's only for three months.
    WEB OF VENOM: FUNERAL PYRE #1 - Dammit, Bunn... fine. Reading all of this Venom run anyway, plus I kinda like Mania (probably the one opf the few things I like from Bunn's Venom run). Hopefully she doesn't die... but I don't know. Depends if Bunn can get her out of that, given the premise of Absolute Carnage.
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #7
    SILVER SURFER: BLACK #2 (of 5)
    VENOM ANNUAL #1 - Doesn't seem related to Cates' run, since we had an annual already, but... Idno, I guess? Seems kinda connected?

Maybe:
    HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #1 (of 6) - Not keen on this because I can see Waid omitting important stuff, and not keen on "revelations". Also, I want this to have some sort of interesting gimmick, like Spider-Man: Life Story.
    GIANT-SIZED X-STATIX #1 - I've been meaning to read X-Statix, so might save this for after I read it. Don't know how and if it'll be reprinted, so might as well get it now. Would like it to be prestige format though, to avoid the future headache.
    WOLVERINE & CAPTAIN AMERICA: WEAPON PLUS #1 - I like Sacks, but I can see this just being fanservice. Like, references to Weapon Plus stuff and the Symbiote Soldier program and the like. If Sacks can somehow tie it together into a good narrative, that'd actually be cool though.
    SAVAGE AVENGERS #3 - Still don't like the idea of Venom being on this team.
    BLACK CAT #2 - Want to support Black Cat having an ongoing, but I'm not sold. That cover though... it does not seem representative of the issue or like it's as creative as it could be with the idea of Felicia breaking into Doctor Strange's house. Are all her covers just going to be her doing generic cat burglar stuff?
    DAREDEVIL #8

VENOM BY DONNY CATES VOL. 1 HC - Dammit... literally bought the second trade today. Crap.
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 1: THE FINAL GAUNTLET TPB - Learned my lesson. Damn you, Cates...
    OLD MAN QUILL VOL. 1: NOBODY’S FAULT BUT MINE TPB
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: HUNTED TPB - Really? No volume number? Ugh.
    INVADERS VOL. 1: WAR GHOST TPB - I've liked this series so far.
    INCREDIBLE HERCULES: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 1 TPB - I think I've heard good things about this run?
    SPIDER-GIRL: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 2 TPB
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Random thoughts:

Wow, doesn't seem like Jason Aaron's Thor run is gonna end with Thor getting his arm and hammer back... guess that's gonna be up to future writers.

Punisher: Kill Crew looks stupid and I love it. Frank Castle is taken too seriously sometimes.

I want to support more Asian characters in American superhero comics who aren't, like, Katana, especially as an Asian-Australian myself... but the Agents of Atlas stuff doesn't interest me, plus I hate that just because they're Asian, we need anime-esque covers. Really?

I love when a comic is called "Captain America & The Invaders" and the covers only feature Cap.

Low-key interested in MARVEL SUMMER SPECIAL #1. Also, love how Kate's bathing suit is basically her regular outfit, except the side hole things are less stupid than her weird hip holes.

That Spider-Man: Life Story cover is probably the weakest cover so far, ngl. Mostly because it doesn't feel like it has any real meaning to it

Wait, Spider-Gwen's powers come from her suit now?! Man am I out of the loop for that stuff.

Barry Kitson is co-writing Doctor Strange? Um... okay. Still kinda glad I didn't hop onto that train.

New Kamala Costume... ummmm... I am concerned.

Ironheart looks like she's teaming up with a Mortal Kombat character.

Wow, all the X-ongoings are being cancelled for Hickman. I mean, X-Force has been meh past the first issue and I found Rosenberg's UXM run to be above average at times but a bit misguided, so that's no big loss.

That Decades trade... maybe have some more new legacy characters on that cover and with more focus? I feel like they could've just used a Marvel Legacy image for that.

"Full Otto" made me smile more than it should've.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    Random thoughts:

Wow, doesn't seem like Jason Aaron's Thor run is gonna end with Thor getting his arm and hammer back... guess that's gonna be up to future writers.

Punisher: Kill Crew looks stupid and I love it. Frank Castle is taken too seriously sometimes.

I want to support more Asian characters in American superhero comics who aren't, like, Katana, especially as an Asian-Australian myself... but the Agents of Atlas stuff doesn't interest me, plus I hate that just because they're Asian, we need anime-esque covers. Really?

I love when a comic is called "Captain America & The Invaders" and the covers only feature Cap.

Low-key interested in MARVEL SUMMER SPECIAL #1. Also, love how Kate's bathing suit is basically her regular outfit, except the side hole things are less stupid than her weird hip holes.

That Spider-Man: Life Story cover is probably the weakest cover so far, ngl. Mostly because it doesn't feel like it has any real meaning to it

Wait, Spider-Gwen's powers come from her suit now?! Man am I out of the loop for that stuff.

Barry Kitson is co-writing Doctor Strange? Um... okay. Still kinda glad I didn't hop onto that train.

New Kamala Costume... ummmm... I am concerned.

Ironheart looks like she's teaming up with a Mortal Kombat character.

Wow, all the X-ongoings are being cancelled for Hickman. I mean, X-Force has been meh past the first issue and I found Rosenberg's UXM run to be above average at times but a bit misguided, so that's no big loss.

That Decades trade... maybe have some more new legacy characters on that cover and with more focus? I feel like they could've just used a Marvel Legacy image for that.

"Full Otto" made me smile more than it should've.
    Technically, it's a symbiote bioengineered from experimenting with the radioactive isotopes derived from the spider that bit Gwen and the Lizard mutagen. Somehow, crossbreeding them resulted in a symbiotic substance that could bond with a host and grant the same powers that Gwen originally possessed.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yeah, the spider that originally bit Gwen was created by the villainous Earth-65 version of Cindy Moon, Silk. She later depowered her. Relying on temporary power-ups for a while, which Cindy was trying to blackmail her with, she eventually acquired a symbiote as Huntsman Spider just described.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman