All-New Member

Default Looking for These Titles

Hello. I apologize if this is in the wrong place, but I've recently become interested in reading Marvel Comics. After seeing Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Infinity War, I'm interested in reading the stories from which they came. The thing is, when I searched for Civil War on milehighcomics.com, there were three results that matched what I wanted:

CIVIL WAR (2006) by Marvel
    CIVIL WAR: FRONT LINE (2006) by Marvel
    CIVIL WAR: X-MEN (2006) by Marvel

My questions are:
    1. Is there any singular volume (like a graphic novel, like with what DC does with Final Crisis) for Civil War and The Infinity Gauntlet? Because that'd ideally be how I'd want to read those.
    2. Are there any stories that I should also get that lead up to these stories? The TV tropes page for Civil War (https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...cBook/CivilWar) mentions events happening "in the wake of House of M and Secret War", but I'm ultimately not sure, so I'll defer to the judgment of those who know best to guide me in the right direction. In the meantime, thank you all for your time and for whatever help you can provide. Have a great day!

This may or may not help but I got the Civil War II from Barnes & Noble they may have the first Civil War as well. It is the graphic novel type book that has the entire main story in one book. I can't help you with any tie in's or alternate stories. Try Comixology or Marvel Unlimited. Those two apps have helped me catch up on some of the years I missed out on when I wasn't reading comics.

If your looking for the books that inspired the movie, her are the Amazon links to the collected editions. Civil war was a company wide crossover which means the story took place in multiple title. However this story works if you only read the main title. The first link is the main story and the second is a prelude to it. It is not necessary to get the full picture, but it helps set the story up.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...eries_rw_dp_sw

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...eries_rw_dp_sw

For Infinity War, here is the Amazon link to the Kindle edition.

https://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Gaun...t%2C139&sr=1-2

All-New Member

What ways are there to convey my gratitude to you all? Aside from finding Civil War, Civil War II AND The Infinity Gauntlet, I also found a superhero harem series - which I want to write in the future! Now I just want to know: Should I get Infinity and Infinity War (the comic) too? Do I need to know those in order to read The Infinity Gauntlet?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBijeegle View Post
    What ways are there to convey my gratitude to you all? Aside from finding Civil War, Civil War II AND The Infinity Gauntlet, I also found a superhero harem series - which I want to write in the future! Now I just want to know: Should I get Infinity and Infinity War (the comic) too? Do I need to know those in order to read The Infinity Gauntlet?
    You don't need Civil War II for the movie. That is a more recent story.

Infinity and Infinity War are separate from the movie references. All you need is Infinity Gauntlet, but if you want a mini prequel for it, get a two part story call "The Thanos Quest"