Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hope was 16 when she first came back to present day. She should be about 18 by now. Magik is about the same age as the other NM, so Id peg her as closer to 22/23. I dont find a 4 year difference to be creepy at all, especially not with someone with as much life experience as Hope has had given the amount of growing up she was forced to do
    If she is 18 then is okay but her age is never clear so yes for me is creepy.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Sure, but Namor is pretty hot and she was even younger. She could still be Bi or even lesbian, sexuality is complex and Hope never had a interest on boys on her age bracket
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Bisexuality exists.
    To clarify, my problem is less "Hope could be bi" and more "Rosenberg is ignoring previous characterization because he thinks it's cool".

Hope being this reckless already ignores her previous appearance with Jean in that Extermination one shot, and that came, what, two months ago?

And the worst part is that Rosenberg will probably ignore the issue of Hope nearly murdering and maiming her own grandfather when he was trying to stop her from committing murder because she thinks it makes her look badass or something. Anyone that is not a psychopath would be guilt-ridden for the rest of her life.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    If she is 18 then is okay but her age is never clear so yes for me is creepy.
    Well, you don't have to worry much about that since there won't be any romance, and any other writer will just ignore any relationship anyway.

Incredible Member

Hope was 16 when she first came back to present day. She should be about 18 by now. Magik is about the same age as the other NM, so Id peg her as closer to 22/23. I dont find a 4 year difference to be creepy at all, especially not with someone with as much life experience as Hope has had given the amount of growing up she was forced to do
    It depends how many years you think Magik replayed the ElderWar & other time travel scenarios...

I see Murray's character in GroundHog Day as having played between 30-100 years, and I see Magik as having replayed many times that looking for her soul & destruction of Elder Gods, AvX, IvX, etc.

In my head Canon, she's millenia old, having replayed the Marvel Universe countless times, like someone with a video game trying to play it until reaching "flawless victory", as well as playing multiple contradictory storylines (becoming a vampire vs becoming a vampire Hunter etc)

Clearly the ElderGod & Legion war had multiple outcomes, and she replayed it until zero X-Men fatalities. Thereafter, everything with symbolic content (like infecting Piotr & others with Demonic & Phoenix Energies so they'd understand her viewpoint "There Are No Snowflakes In Hell," etc) is suspect. Telling Emma & Scott "We should leave this place" when the Terrigen cloud was killing Muir Island... Time travel is whereever you choose to see it, and I see it everywhere with Illyana.

For me, it isn't so much about being bi- etc, as not being a pedophile. Anyone but Leah or another immortal Hell Lord would be messing with Children... (Although as far as that goes, Moon Girl & Karnak are interesting, in that they imagine playing multiple scenarios, which has overlap with living out multiple scenarios.)
    Last edited by G0RM; 04-25-2019 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post
    It depends how many years you think Magik replayed the ElderWar & other time travel scenarios...

I see Murray's character in GroundHog Day as having played between 30-100 years, and I see Magik as having replayed many times that looking for her soul & destruction of Elder Gods, AvX, IvX, etc.

In my head Canon, she's millenia old, having replayed the Marvel Universe countless times, like someone with a video game trying to play it until reaching "flawless victory", as well as playing multiple contradictory storylines (becoming a vampire vs becoming a vampire Hunter etc)

Clearly the ElderGod & Legion war had multiple outcomes, and she replayed it until zero X-Men fatalities. Thereafter, everything with symbolic content (like infecting Piotr & others with Demonic & Phoenix Energies so they'd understand her viewpoint "There Are No Snowflakes In Hell," etc) is suspect. Telling Emma & Scott "We should leave this place" when the Terrigen cloud was killing Muir Island... Time travel is whereever you choose to see it, and I see it everywhere with Illyana.

For me, it isn't so much about being bi- etc, as not being a pedophile. Anyone but Leah or another immortal Hell Lord would be messing with Children... (Although as far as that goes, Moon Girl & Karnak are interesting, in that they imagine playing multiple scenarios, which has overlap with living out multiple scenarios.)
    Illyana ages and isnt immortal. Theres been nothing to suggest otherwise as far as I know. I think the line at the beginning of NM v3 in terms of her spending years looking for her soul was solely done to put her in line in age with the other NMs since it was questionable if she was a teen when Belasco brought her back

Incredible Member

Illyana ages and isnt immortal. Theres been nothing to suggest otherwise as far as I know. I think the line at the beginning of NM v3 in terms of her spending years looking for her soul was solely done to put her in line in age with the other NMs since it was questionable if she was a teen when Belasco brought her back
    Regarding the "Magik Ages" thing:

When she was 6yo, the very first thing Belasco did was corrupt 1/5th of her soul, creating a big-breasted demon-babe DarkChilde fragment in her unconscious mind & soul, waiting to hatch.

But from the instant she defeated Belasco to become Hell Lord of Inferno, there is every reason to believe she became as trans-mortal as Mephisto, Odin, Belasco, Hela, Dormammu, Cyttorak are with their bonded realms etc.. Even mere Sorcerer Supremes like the Ancient One and Strange age slowly, but true Demon Lords are unaging, and immune to death, like their dimension keeps a backup copy of them in the "transporter buffers" as it were.

Experimentally, Illyana 1.0 appeared to be immune to magical aging by Asgardian magic as cast by the Enchantress, although shifting through demon forms have shown her many apparent ages (A Mojo-altered combo of Xian's younger siblings formed a composite mutant who could mature and age children, and they had some effect on Magik, but Mojo and company can do weird, non-logical things.)

Illyana 2.0 went through several physical changes from her origin as magical homunculus, and as she found or perverted each fragment of her & Pixie's soul, each flashback, capturing the SoulSword, recapitulating buxom demon-babe, to flat-chested teen, to buxom twenty-something, to flaming-skull-headed demon queen... Then strung-out heroin chic thin with Dead Souls & cake-eating New-Warrior.

My head-canon, as with Rahne's explanation the T/O virus had limited effect because Illyana's a 'shape-changer', is that she has as much influence over her appearance as she does over the SoulSword or SoulArmour, but that her default form is the flat-chested 13yo when she won Limbo's throne, or an empowered DarkChilde HellLord that's as scary as she lets herself be (whether frightening Empath & Legion, or fighting S'ym, Magus, and N'astirh back-in-the-day, or Dormammu & the World-Eater more recently.)

I take the unaging & undying nature of Illyana as pinned to Enchantress's wall to be Magik's innate nature, at least until after she's been defeated by a challenge for rule of Limbo (I felt very territorial against Sapna, from the instant she gave a demon an order which was obeyed... Rule of the Splinter Realms is not to be shared.)
    Last edited by G0RM; 04-26-2019 at 06:26 PM.