Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Finally a Sunspot sighting
    Wait.
    For real?
    Like IN the book/story and not just on an impending cover????

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Wait.
    For real?
    In the book

I think we know the other ship....

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Wait.
    For real?
    Justing a sighting not a full appearance
    Capture.jpg

We know whose power is that

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I think we know the other ship....

Damn. Rosenberg was about to give lesbians all they wanted

screw the plot, I want the ships

BANNED

I just read the issue and it was fantastic. The story was exciting and the art was good but not as great as Salvador's.

We also have a new New Mutant member i.e. Sunspot joining in the next issue which was what Hope absorbed in proximity.

That only leaves out Magma and Cypher to complete the New Mutants team. Yeah, I know about Cannonball but he's in X-Force.

Rosenberg is good at giving us surprises every issue!
    Last edited by jalsrix; 04-24-2019 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Sunspot being around just makes the "weekend at Harry's" sério even more non-sensical. Dude can't lend a few bucks?
    He gave all his money to AIM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

As for the issue itself, just meh. Rosenberg continues with his characterization of everyone but Magik as utterly incompetent (Hope is a little better this issue, but she still fucked up previously) and Scott comes off as petty this issue too. Not to mention no explanations to things as to why Dani has her powers back or she has a psychic link with Rahne again all the sudden.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    As for the issue itself, just meh. Rosenberg continues with his characterization of everyone but Magik as utterly incompetent (Hope is a little better this issue, but she still fucked up previously) and Scott comes off as petty this issue too. Not to mention no explanations to things as to why Dani has her powers back or she has a psychic link with Rahne again all the sudden.
    It's explained by Matt Rosenberg's twitter that Warlock adjusted her genes to give her back her powers.

But I agree, Rosenberg should have explained that in UXM instead of skipping it. But with so many villains and stories to be told, he probably forgot about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    It's explained by Matt Rosenberg's twitter that Warlock adjusted her genes to give her back her powers.

But I agree, Rosenberg should have explained that in UXM instead of skipping it. But with so many villains and stories to be told, he probably forgot about it.
    But he didn't need to have all this villains and stories; nobody was claiming for a new Joseph or Orphan Maker story. We didn't need a cast so bloated that yet keeps expanding every issue.

The only good thing about this run continues to be that I know Hickman will ignore everything, so no worries about long-term consequences.

The comic is okay, but it starts to be a bit annoying as all the X-Men look like incompetent jerkass minus Magik.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post

The current UXM run would have really benefited from having made the first 10 issues into a separated mini and UXM 11 being UXM 1, they made massive changes to the status quo and gave it really little time to explore them mostly if now Hickman changes everything

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    The current UXM run would have really benefited from having made the first 10 issues into a separated mini and UXM 11 being UXM 1, they made massive changes to the status quo and gave it really little time to explore them mostly if now Hickman changes everything
    Issue 1 to 10 was overhyped and really boring.

I agree Rosenberg's run should have started in UXM #1 instead and a lot of things would have been explained and shown in panel instead of off-panels.

I don't think Hickman will ignore everything, I like that Dani has her powers back and Rahne would still stay dead or else the funeral would be meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    Rosenberg is the only person to blame here- like I said, no one was claiming for the next Joseph or Orphan Maker story, and the one benefit of virtually all the X-men gone is that he could focus only on a few ones- could have been Scott, Logan and the New Mutants (to undo the damage he did in Lost Souls), maybe even throw Havok there too- but he keeps expanding the cast and killing characters, sometimes off panel, every issue, while introducing new elements that are unnecessary. It's a mess.

I'm thinking about the incompetence of not adding something so simple in last week's issue of "These events take place after War of the Realms."

All the comics do it, why could not they do that? It's stupid, it's sabotaging yourself.