Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Fantastic Four #9 REVIEW and SPOILERS

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Last edited by Crimz; 04-18-2019 at 02:56 PM.

wait there's NO DOOM DONG i'm sh-sh-shaking and crying
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I don't buy that Sue's invisibility power can bypass Doom's force-field. Does this mean that all force-field users are a joke to Sue? Doom? Magneto? Kang? All just insects waiting for Sue to yawn and step on them? I don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    wait there's NO DOOM DONG i'm sh-sh-shaking and crying
    It's on one of the variant covers.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I don't buy that Sue's invisibility power can bypass Doom's force-field. Does this mean that all force-field users are a joke to Sue? Doom? Magneto? Kang? All just insects waiting for Sue to yawn and step on them? I don't buy it.
    Sue being able to turn something invisible through a force field doesn't seem like an impossible task. Force fields stop matter and energy, but let in stuff like light and sound. Seems like a comic book science tweaking to me, but hey, that's where we are. Now Sue's fields getting through another field without a field fight seems like something that wouldn't be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Invisibility is more of a passive power. You'd expect her to use it on herself, not her opponent. Magento's shields would be the only one's to naturally protect him from it as he also effects the EM spectrum like Sue's invisibility does. I'm sure Doom can prep for it, but in all the 50-something years of FF comics I don't believe she's ever done attempted to use her invisibility on Doom himself (I could be wrong). You can't prepare for something you'd never even think to expect.

He is a lot more wary of her much more dangerous force-fields, which makes sense. Most villains underestimate her invisibility, especially since her force-fields have become even more prominent than it.
    Last edited by Crimz; 04-18-2019 at 03:26 PM.

BANNED

Well, this issue doesn't look like it's going to be very big on dignity. Not for Doom and certainly not for the Fantastic Four. There comes a point when a comic is just so badly written you just feel embarrassed for all the characters involved. Unless things turn around in the last few pages I'm probably going to drop this book from my ongoing subscriptions.

I’m okay with the launch simplicity of Dooms powers that we’re talking about here, by Dan Slott. After all, Dr Doom has been on Battleworld for 8 long years and had forgotten the constant battling the FF used to give him. Doom could be a klutz at this stage. On the 616, Doom was constantly having to battle the FF, Avengers, X-Men, the Black Panther, The Sentry, Norman Osborn, Spider-Man, Squirrel Girl, Luke Cage. It would be a long list if someone ever tried to make one. But as God Doom, he never had to do any of that in 8 years. You forget a lot in 8 years, when you haven’t been pummelled every second month by some super hero or other.

Now? Victor flippantly captures the FF, and he’s moaning to Sue to stop it like a little baby, when she turns the tables. I’m okay with Doom being surprised he isn’t able to predict an enemy anymore. He was lazy for 8 years, and forgot what combat is. Read Secret Wars, and you can see Doom didn’t deal with super heroes anymore. He just changed the region when someone got unruly, and made it into something else. He doesn’t have that power now. Maybe he wants it back by using Galactus?
    Last edited by jackolover; 04-18-2019 at 04:34 PM.

iMan 42s

So not only was Victor's plan ridiculous in its very inception but the four's entrapment ultimately meant nothing because they are released (as if we would read from a trade) a few pages later. Super.

Why is Victor freaking out over his face? He was willing to merely wear a hood over his face when Victorious found him. So if his face wasn't a problem then for the indeterminate amount of time he'd been there, what does he care now? He only started wearing the helmet again because of a pep talk from her, not because he was ashamed of what he looked like. Did I miss a scene? This is only a problem for Victor pre-Secret Wars.

Right, Dan needs to finish the arc so that's probably why.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    So not only was Victor's plan ridiculous in its very inception but the four's entrapment ultimately meant nothing because they are released (as if we would read from a trade) a few pages later. Super.

Why is Victor freaking out over his face? He was willing to merely wear a hood over his face when Victorious found him. So if his face wasn't a problem then for the indeterminate amount of time he'd been there, what does he care now? He only started wearing the helmet again because of a pep talk from her, not because he was ashamed of what he looked like. Did I miss a scene? This is only a problem for Victor pre-Secret Wars.

Right, Dan needs to finish the arc so that's probably why.
    Well to be honest, he's always had vanity issues since he first facial scar. And lets face it, he was deformed again at the end of Infamous Iron Man after going around with a healed face again. I'm not surprised about it.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

"Good thing we didn't have the kids with us."

Foreshadowing the kids showing up, I bet. In time to see that cruel act.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Victor is definitely okay with people seeing this scarred face, you can tell because he spent a period of time hiding in his castle and crying about it.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

This reminds me that story where they were captured and tested by Kubik and Kosmos.
    They were put in traps and deprived from their main qualities (Reed's intellect, Sue's compassion, Ben's courage and Johnny's agressiveness). They overcomed them by showing qualities that belonged to other members of the family.
    http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chron..._350-354.shtml
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

well that was funny.