Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Whats the deal with Red Hulk?

So I was going to pickup some issues of Avenging Spiderman after I am done with Superior Spiderman. But I saw one of his teams was with a Red Hulk. Is this Bruce just with a new color? Like when he used to be grey? Or is this a whole new Hulk? Is he a good guy or bad guy? Thanks for the help.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

It's spoilers:
    Thunderbolt Ross
    end of spoilers He was a villain for a hot minute before joining the Avengers.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Invincible Member

The Red Hulk in US Avengers is actually a different person. For some reason Ewing was told he couldn't use Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    The Red Hulk in US Avengers is actually a different person. For some reason Ewing was told he couldn't use Ross.
    Not that it matters now since Robert Maverick lost his powers in No Surrender.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    So I was going to pickup some issues of Avenging Spiderman after I am done with Superior Spiderman. But I saw one of his teams was with a Red Hulk. Is this Bruce just with a new color? Like when he used to be grey? Or is this a whole new Hulk? Is he a good guy or bad guy? Thanks for the help.
    The Red Hulk was Thunderbolt Ross, infused with a mix of Gamma and Cosmic Rays. He later joined the Avengers after a run as a villain. He lost he powers against the Hulk and was replaced with Robert Maverick who joined the US Avengers until he too lost his powers

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Not that it matters now since Robert Maverick lost his powers in No Surrender.
    Maverick was a worthy Red Hulk if only for his glorious moustache.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I never got that, especially since they never did anything with Ross other then de-power him until Coates got a hold of him for Fresh Start, and that was a while after USAvengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I never got that, especially since they never did anything with Ross other then de-power him until Coates got a hold of him for Fresh Start, and that was a while after USAvengers.
    I love that sweet Ewing, but giving Maverick a Ross-stache is actually insidious false-advertising. I got baited.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I always liked the red hulk, no matter who was behind the ‘Stache.

BANNED

Red Hulk is one my favorite characters, Jeff Parker's run (Hulk Vol. 2 #25-57) made me a huge fan.

Thunderbolt Ross' arc has been pretty weird since though... Beaten and depowered by Bruce, going to jail for desertion, reemerging as a total dick antagonist for Captain America and then getting assassinated almost straight away.

I always hoped they'd make a Thunderbolts or Secret Avengers team with Red Hulk, U.S. Agent and War Machine. Guess not.

Considering everything I'd be shocked if Ross doesn't come back in some hideous form.

Ross is sure to be back. Not sure when Rulk will be back though.

Who was Red She hulk was that Betty?

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Ross is sure to be back. Not sure when Rulk will be back though.

Who was Red She hulk was that Betty?
    Yea it was Betty. Now she's going to be a combination of Red She-Hulk and Harpy as Red Harpy. Wish we could have gotten Red She=Hulk back since apparently Jen's not allowed to be a traditional She-Hulk but I guess we just can't have some nice things.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if there was a story planned for him that ended up getting shelved or if it was just office politics.

so how many people have been Red Hulk at this point?