Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fantastic Four #9 REVIEW and SPOILERS

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Last edited by Crimz; 04-18-2019 at 02:56 PM.

wait there's NO DOOM DONG i'm sh-sh-shaking and crying
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I don't buy that Sue's invisibility power can bypass Doom's force-field. Does this mean that all force-field users are a joke to Sue? Doom? Magneto? Kang? All just insects waiting for Sue to yawn and step on them? I don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I don't buy that Sue's invisibility power can bypass Doom's force-field. Does this mean that all force-field users are a joke to Sue? Doom? Magneto? Kang? All just insects waiting for Sue to yawn and step on them? I don't buy it.
    Sue being able to turn something invisible through a force field doesn't seem like an impossible task. Force fields stop matter and energy, but let in stuff like light and sound. Seems like a comic book science tweaking to me, but hey, that's where we are. Now Sue's fields getting through another field without a field fight seems like something that wouldn't be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Invisibility is more of a passive power. You'd expect her to use it on herself, not her opponent. Magento's shields would be the only one's to naturally protect him from it as he also effects the EM spectrum like Sue's invisibility does. I'm sure Doom can prep for it, but in all the 50-something years of FF comics I don't believe she's ever done attempted to use her invisibility on Doom himself (I could be wrong). You can't prepare for something you'd never even think to expect.

He is a lot more wary of her much more dangerous force-fields, which makes sense. Most villains underestimate her invisibility, especially since her force-fields have become even more prominent than it.
    Last edited by Crimz; 04-18-2019 at 03:26 PM.

BANNED

Well, this issue doesn't look like it's going to be very big on dignity. Not for Doom and certainly not for the Fantastic Four. There comes a point when a comic is just so badly written you just feel embarrassed for all the characters involved. Unless things turn around in the last few pages I'm probably going to drop this book from my ongoing subscriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    wait there's NO DOOM DONG i'm sh-sh-shaking and crying
    It's on one of the variant covers.