Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    enough with the French...it doesn't add anything. It just makes her more annoying but I guess thats the point.

Its like me making random Spanish comments consistently in a group with one other latin.

People don't do that in a big group. Or do they? Who knows.

I thought Id like Xtemeist the most but its actually my least favorite. I like Amazing Nightcrawler and NextGen better.
    I sprinkle a French Word or two into my Grindr profile to Emplifié the exact kinda self-hating elitism they'll be getting

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Three more issues of this is gonna feel like a chore.

The art is still off-putting and there's no action. X-tracts had a fight scene in #2 at least and the art there is just a manga version of Mike Allred's style.

#1 of this had 5 pages of Bobby trying to roast Jubes with wax paper then wasted a good bit cuz they almost got bodied by a pregnant rat.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

The art is still off-putting and there's no action. X-tracts had a fight scene in #2 at least and the art there is just a manga version of Mike Allred's style.

#1 of this had 5 pages of Bobby trying to roast Jubes with wax paper then wasted a good bit cuz they almost got bodied by a pregnant rat.
    The near total lack of actual action across these books in general has been one thing that’s bored me about the event as a whole. I’m all for meaningful interactions but I kinda want some action in my superhero comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Wasting entire pages on a single joke is a consistent them in LW books.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    that was a awful joke that never landed. Time to editor say "no"

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Thanks for the warning. I’ll have to add her to my ‘do not read’ list.

giant-man tho
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

not y’all acting like leah made half the issue about a joke you didn’t like...AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    not y’all acting like leah made half the issue about a joke you didn’t like...AGAIN
    Maybe not but she dragged the joke on far too long, continuously bringing it up for no apparent reason. And on top of it, the book just isn’t all that interesting basically being bathed in such hypocrisy that none of the characters are likable aside from Fred who genuinely just wants to be doing what’s right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Maybe not but she dragged the joke on far too long, continuously bringing it up for no apparent reason. And on top of it, the book just isn’t all that interesting basically being bathed in such hypocrisy that none of the characters are likable aside from Fred who genuinely just wants to be doing what’s right.
    It was a page and most of another. I think it got brought up one other time and it was offscreen as we saw another plot happening so it wasn't really "wasting" anything. And does the likability of the characters have to do with the premise of the book or how they're written? Also....Fred isn't doing the right thing. None of them are. There shouldn't be a single main character we are rooting for while they're erasing relationships.

It was a page and most of another. I think it got brought up one other time and it was offscreen as we saw another plot happening so it wasn't really "wasting" anything. And does the likability of the characters have to do with the premise of the book or how they're written? Also....Fred isn't doing the right thing. None of them are. There shouldn't be a single main character we are rooting for while they're erasing relationships.
    Thing with Fred though is that he’s been portrayed the most in a sympathetic light. He knows that what they’re doing is wrong but tries to keep up the morale of the group and at least wants those who they have to arrest to be unhurt, something the others care little to not at all about. He’s also one of the ones who is presented thus far as a decenter in that he doesn’t want to lose the feelings he has in spite of it going against their job. They’re all hypocrites but you can at least feel for Fred especially knowing what he’s like within 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Thing with Fred though is that he’s been portrayed the most in a sympathetic light. He knows that what they’re doing is wrong but tries to keep up the morale of the group and at least wants those who they have to arrest to be unhurt, something the others care little to not at all about. He’s also one of the ones who is presented thus far as a decenter in that he doesn’t want to lose the feelings he has in spite of it going against their job. They’re all hypocrites but you can at least feel for Fred especially knowing what he’s like within 616.
    None of them really love what they’re doing except Moneta and the book does make that pretty known. If anything, Blob’s the only hypocrite on the whole team. He’s in love with Psylocke and knowingly has feelings for her despite still going on missions to punish other people for having romantic feelings. At least with Psylocke we see that her mind isn’t 100% there and she’s actively fighting the brainwashing. We see the characters fight their forced jobs in much more subtle ways, like Northstar not even leaving the RV to go do his job.

None of them really love what they’re doing except Moneta and the book does make that pretty known. If anything, Blob’s the only hypocrite on the whole team. He’s in love with Psylocke and knowingly has feelings for her despite still going on missions to punish other people for having romantic feelings. At least with Psylocke we see that her mind isn’t 100% there and she’s actively fighting the brainwashing. We see the characters fight their forced jobs in much more subtle ways, like Northstar not even leaving the RV to go do his job.
    Psylocke hasn’t been actively fighting anything any more than anyone else who has come to be confused by discrepancies. Psylocke questions why she can remember a recurring nightmare but not her mother’s touch. That’s the most character we’ve gotten from her. Jubilee is horrified by the conditions that their prisoner is locked up in but, as she was called out on, does nothing to act against the horrors of such treatment. Northstar literally does nothing one way or the other thus raising the question of why he’s even there in the first place. Bobby jokes around while they’re doing what they do and even speaks of the people as if they’re things. Fred is in the position where he’s doing the wrong thing but genuinely wants to be a good person. Like I said, they’re all hypocrites but with Fred at least trying to be the heart of this group despite the terrible things they do, you can at least feel for him.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

LMAO, okay. Are you Leah posting on here?

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    LMAO, okay. Are you Leah posting on here?
    Leah does get an unreal amount of hate on here. A lot of people upset about her opinions on Twitter. Frankly, I'm glad she actually shares them compared with not saying anything whatsoever like so many other writers do.