Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Uh oh looks like someones waking up

This book has the best covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    This book has the best covers.
    Rahzzah doesn't have many social media followers and barely gets talked about and it is one of the most confusing things ever. A goddamn injustice.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

This book has constantly been the worst of AoXM... I really don’t get the hype for Leah’s writing.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    This book has constantly been the worst of AoXM... I really don’t get the hype for Leah’s writing.
    I'm with you on this. This book has been dull and just not good. People love leah williams, I just don't so far

enough with the French...it doesn't add anything. It just makes her more annoying but I guess thats the point.

Its like me making random Spanish comments consistently in a group with one other latin.

People don't do that in a big group. Or do they? Who knows.

I thought Id like Xtemeist the most but its actually my least favorite. I like Amazing Nightcrawler and NextGen better.

I like how each issue has gotten more disturbing with what Department X does as the gang is closer to waking up. I can see why some don’t like pieces of dialogue, but what has been bad about any of the issues out so far?

Psylocke and Blob making heart-eyes at each other just before she goes to wipe this guy's memory for the same "crime". Man, this book is creepy and messed up.

I'm enjoying the group interactions and just how broken everyone in this book is, but the art is really inconsistent. I thought the scenes between Bets and Fred last issue looked good and sometimes the expressions really do work, but then we get moments where things just kind of go cartoony. Still, looking forward to this one. Though, if it holds true to form for most of the third issue AoXM books, I expect the pacing will slow to a crawl.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    enough with the French...it doesn't add anything. It just makes her more annoying but I guess thats the point.

Its like me making random Spanish comments consistently in a group with one other latin.

People don't do that in a big group. Or do they? Who knows.
    It's in-character for Northstar, at least. It's a trait he's had since the Byrne days of Alpha Flight, and one way he keeps people at a distance. Bobby keeps joking that Moneta is JP's mini-me, so that might have something to do with why she does it.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 04-19-2019 at 08:08 AM.

BANNED

So far, this book had the most notable improvement between issues, unlike Marvelous and X-Tracts. Here's hoping it keeps up.

Psylock flirting with Blob, that is a thing that is being written in a book.

Not impressed with x-tremists, but I want to see the mental breakdown

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I'm with you on this. This book has been dull and just not good. People love leah williams, I just don't so far
    I'm a fan of hers but I found this title just too cringey at first. However after hearing her talk in a podcast it seems like this was done on purpose to throw the reader for a loop that this group is basically a Gestapo yet they are oblivious to that. That helped me enjoy Issue two and I likely will keep reading, but I've pretty well lost interest in this whole event outside of Next Gen.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Psylock flirting with Blob, that is a thing that is being written in a book.

Not impressed with x-tremists, but I want to see the mental breakdown
    Betsy is a lucky woman to have a man like Blob.

I still have a problem with the art. Is it supposed to be somewhat of a juxtaposition to the darker/creepier aspects of the writing? I feel like I would enjoy this more if the art was a little darker and more sophisticated?

Not saying the art is bad, I just don't like how the tone doesn't match...
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Betsy is a lucky woman to have a man like Blob.
    He doesn't exist