Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Hopefully there is something more to raggedy man/centidemon and his vigil over MJ next issue.

BANNED

Is this where Spider man gains another enhancement namely the spider hunting sense which enables him to be the ultimate hunter and last man standing in this rumble of hunters?
    cue Spider Man hunts whatever a spider can.

No, he'll just summon the Super Spider Mecha to battle Kraven's Chimera God Beast form in high orbit.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

i wonder what Arcade sounds like. i used to think that he was from California. but he's actually, a texan. i bet that he sounds like Michael C Hall's character from 'Gamer.' i always read Taskmaster's dialogue in Henry Rollins voice. Kraven has that stereotypical russian voice.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 04-26-2019 at 07:22 AM.

I've always thought of Arcade's voice as similar to Riddler's from the Arkham games. Kind of whiny, but still seeming like he's in control. Don't know exactly how I would describe Taskmaster's voice, but I always think of it as gravelly while still also sounding fairly energetic. And of course Kraven is just his Spectacular voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I've always thought of Arcade's voice as similar to Riddler's from the Arkham games. Kind of whiny, but still seeming like he's in control. Don't know exactly how I would describe Taskmaster's voice, but I always think of it as gravelly while still also sounding fairly energetic. And of course Kraven is just his Spectacular voice.
    i could see the Riddler influence. Taskmaster's voice is canonically gravelly. it used to be depicted that way even in the font. for some reason i never read it with his brooklyn accent.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

So what is Kraven planning? Does he want his son killed? Is it as simple as wanting Spidey to kill him?

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    So what is Kraven planning? Does he want his son killed? Is it as simple as wanting Spidey to kill him?
    In this issue it seems like his plan is to essentially weed out the weak and remove the fakers, have the hunters kill all the "lesser" villains, and then all the rest of the villains kill the "pretender" hunters. And then at the same time, Spider-Man will be driven to madness because of all this death around him that he'll wanna take it out on Kraven.

That's why he's being so patient regarding the right time to show himself, probably waiting for most of the hunters to be axed off, and why Arcade's sending out the Vermin clones to distract him.

In this issue it seems like his plan is to essentially weed out the weak and remove the fakers, have the hunters kill all the "lesser" villains, and then all the rest of the villains kill the "pretender" hunters. And then at the same time, Spider-Man will be driven to madness because of all this death around him that he'll wanna take it out on Kraven.

That's why he's being so patient regarding the right time to show himself, probably waiting for most of the hunters to be axed off, and why Arcade's sending out the Vermin clones to distract him.
    So was it also his intention to undercut himself by having Black Ant placed under the dome? Because he's the one who told Peter what's going on/stopped him from killing one of the hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    So was it also his intention to undercut himself by having Black Ant placed under the dome? Because he's the one who told Peter what's going on/stopped him from killing one of the hunters.
    Probably not, most likely didn't think about the consequences of leaving Eric in there or if he even would bother Spidey with the information he knows. And considering Vermin wasn't originally in the plan, the clone thing was probably a last minute thing to buy him some time, so the distraction wasn't part of the initial plan either.

Probably not, most likely didn't think about the consequences of leaving Eric in there or if he even would bother Spidey with the information he knows. And considering Vermin wasn't originally in the plan, the clone thing was probably a last minute thing to buy him some time, so the distraction wasn't part of the initial plan either.
    i'm just wondering if maybe Kraven doesn't want to win so badly. he could have turned Billy loose. he couldn't possibly want them to hunt a child.

A lot of stuff going on, which is bogging this story down; i’m wondering if hot head kraven jr would make a good opponent for spider man.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i'm just wondering if maybe Kraven doesn't want to win so badly. he could have turned Billy loose. he couldn't possibly want them to hunt a child.
    I’m wondering if kraven is trying to find a worthy successor to his name.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    A lot of stuff going on, which is bogging this story down; i’m wondering if hot head kraven jr would make a good opponent for spider man.
    he's got 3 things going for him

1) he's a proven threat to Spider-man

2) he hasn't proven himself like his dad (one of the main complaints for Kraven being brought back from the dead)

3) he's not Al Kraven or any of those other Kraven kids

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I’m wondering if kraven is trying to find a worthy successor to his name.
    the clone doesn't seem to be it. i fully expect Ana to re-enter the story at some point and show her father that his sexism is a blindspot.