Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Preview: Amazing Spider-Man#20 (Hunted Part Four)

BANNED

[img]https://***********/www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/ASM20-4.jpeg?w=756[/img]

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...ider-man-20-2/

It's about to go down.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

They should just bring the black costume back permanently. Have it alternate with the red-and-blues again. It’s already been in a lot of events the last few years.

I don't read preview dialogue, but I see that continuity god has come back for some wholesome Ant-Feels. Damn, we didn't even get any of that in Cap.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

interesting. he's certainly being written as Eric (not just some evil LMD impostor). it's good to hear his perspective on things. can't wait to see the rest of Lizard's plan; now that Connors is in control. aggression is out of the picture because of his implant. but he seemed to be able to defend someone else.

Astonishing Member

The preview looks great.Looking forward to get my copy.
    Sandoval´s did great art in the previous issue but art wise i think Humberto Ramos have been a great artist for this story arc.

I'm very glad to see that Black Ant is treated as if he was the original Eric O'Grady, because for all intents and purposes he is, it adds an extra layer of interest to his character rather than just being "separate character thats also a robot"

it's just cool to see Peter and Eric interact. technically, they were Avengers together. or, at least, they attended the same Avengers meeting at the mansion after Luke Cage and wife moved in. but this is the first face-to-face meeting. the way marvel time works, Peter and Eric might be peers age-wise. the latter went directly from high school to SHIELD. and he was entry-level SHIELD when he became Ant-Man. and then i think a year or so passed. Peter didn't really age during that time period. and he's sort of reset age-wise with each new run. i could easily imagine Eric being one Flash Thompson's flunkies back at midtown high (but not one of the flunkies who had speaking lines). i wish that he and Flash had more time to interact. he was a Descendant-in-disguise for all of their page time. speculatively, Eric's father was a lot like Harrison Thompson. but he was a firefighter (and wanted Eric to become one) instead of a cop.

Can’t wait for this. To bad the Lizard can’t unload when he gets in the thick of things. Poor Eric. Even as an LMD he can’t catch a break. This has been very enjoyable so far. Love the cast of characters. Taskmaster better run for his life while he still can. Spencer is hitting a home run with this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Can’t wait for this. To bad the Lizard can’t unload when he gets in the thick of things. Poor Eric. Even as an LMD he can’t catch a break. This has been very enjoyable so far. Love the cast of characters. Taskmaster better run for his life while he still can. Spencer is hitting a home run with this arc.
    Taskmaster is fine. He's been appearing in several other books this month. I wonder where Grizzly is. If Hippo got caught, it seems unlikely that Grizzly and/or Bruin were spared.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Taskmaster is fine. He's been appearing in several other books this month. I wonder where Grizzly is. If Hippo got caught, it seems unlikely that Grizzly and/or Bruin were spared.
    Grizzly was great in Ant-Man. Surprised we haven’t seen him. Grizzly, Bruin, Rhino and Hippo would make quite the wrecking machines.
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 04-20-2019 at 09:09 PM.

Grizzly was great in Ant-Man. Surprised we haven’t seen him. Grizzly, Bruin, Rhino and Hippo would make quite the wrecking machines.
    Roger could turn them into vigilante group. Maybe Frog Man could come along.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Roger could turn them into vigilante group. Maybe Frog Man could come along.
    That would be my number one pull if that happened. Where is Roger? Hopeless did such a great job with him I’m surprised Spencer doesn’t continue it. I’m pretty convinced Spencer would have put him in the Ant-Man 12 that turned out to only be eleven because Hopeless had him in Spider-Woman. He was on the front page of Ant-Man #1 but never appeared. Hopeless must have put a kibosh on him appearing in Ant-Man while he was building up his character in Spider-Woman. I was hoping to see him with the other Tales to Astonish crew. Have any of them been seen since? Whirlwind, Voice, Hijacker and Magician.

The Ant-Man Twelve: Scott, Cassie, Grizzly, Machinesmith, Darla, Janice, Raz, Whirlwind, Magician, Voice and Hijacker.
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 04-21-2019 at 07:35 PM.

That would be my number one pull if that happened. Where is Roger? Hopeless did such a great job with him I’m surprised Spencer doesn’t continue it. I’m pretty convinced Spencer would have put him in the Ant-Man 12 that turned out to only be eleven because Hopeless had him in Spider-Woman. He was on the front page of Ant-Man #1 but never appeared. Hopeless must have put a kibosh on him appearing in Ant-Man while he was building up his character in Spider-Woman. I was hoping to see him with the other Tales to Astonish crew. Have any of them been seen since? Whirlwind, Voice, Hijacker and Magician.

The Ant-Man Twelve: Scott, Cassie, Grizzly, Machinesmith, Darla, Janice, Raz, Whirlwind, Magician, Voice and Hijacker.
    I think the main reason Roger wasn't included was because then they probably would've had to have Jessica involved, and they didn't really want that many heroes in the core story.
    And maybe you could use the head canon answer that they tried, but Jessica scared them and I would feel like Kraven wouldn't want any other Spiders involved anyway.

As for the Ant-Man 11, Grizzly's only made a few very brief cameos since, Machincesmith's only other appearances were in Marvel Sponsored Comics, Whirlwind had a couple of one off cameos here and there, Magician, The Voice, and Hijacker have had nothing, Raz hasn't shown up since Secret Empire besides one other cameo, and Darla briefly popped up in Fantastic Four.

And then there's of course Janice, who's obviously already made her mark in this book.
    I do hope Spencer is able to find a way to sneak a bunch of those characters in there someway, because they're all great. It is weird that Grizzly supposedly isn't involved in this at all, especially since he already got referenced in the Gibbon issue.