Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Grizzly not being in the Hunted story arc is surprising but to me Grizzly should had retired in Web of Spider-Man#58.
    In that story writen by Gerry Conway (The creator of the character) Spider-Man faked defeat allowing Grizzly think he defeated him,because Grizzly was a former professional wrestler and Grizzly wanted to save face among his peers.So when i read that story that to me was a quite well writen retirement story of a villain that was a C list villain.Grizzly was brought back some time after that story in the Spider-Man stories and other stories but i think those stories were more often than not just comedy stories of the Grizzly.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Grizzly not being in the Hunted story arc is surprising but to me Grizzly should had retired in Web of Spider-Man#58.
    In that story writen by Gerry Conway (The creator of the character) Spider-Man faked defeat allowing Grizzly think he defeated him,because Grizzly was a former professional wrestler and Grizzly wanted to save face among his peers.So when i read that story that to me was a quite well writen retirement story of a villain that was a C list villain.Grizzly was brought back some time after that story in the Spider-Man stories and other stories but i think those stories were more often than not just comedy stories of the Grizzly.
    he doesn't have anywhere to retire to. he became a villain because he was blacklisted from wrestling. and he lacks the mental capacity to do much beyond serving as muscle. he's had some decidedly more serious appearances (generally not wearing the teddy bear costume). he was a recurring foe for the Agents of Atlas. he was one of Osborn's Thunderbolts. and he was a hired killer alongside Boomerang in the Underworld series,irrc. all depends on the writer. i'm just surprised that he wasn't in Hunted. because he was in the same villain support group as Hippo. and he has a personal grudge against Black Ant. he became part of Spencer's Astonishing Ant-Man series after mistaking Scott for Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    That would be my number one pull if that happened. Where is Roger? Hopeless did such a great job with him I’m surprised Spencer doesn’t continue it. I’m pretty convinced Spencer would have put him in the Ant-Man 12 that turned out to only be eleven because Hopeless had him in Spider-Woman. He was on the front page of Ant-Man #1 but never appeared. Hopeless must have put a kibosh on him appearing in Ant-Man while he was building up his character in Spider-Woman. I was hoping to see him with the other Tales to Astonish crew. Have any of them been seen since? Whirlwind, Voice, Hijacker and Magician.

The Ant-Man Twelve: Scott, Cassie, Grizzly, Machinesmith, Darla, Janice, Raz, Whirlwind, Magician, Voice and Hijacker.
    Raz has been semi-active and got a promotion of sorts when he helped out the Ultimates. i don't like his chances in the upcoming War of Realms mini. Grizzly and Machinesmith supposedly left together. Darla was with Scott when they cameo'd in Slott's FF. Whirlwind partnered with Janice/Beetle in an issue of Unstoppable Wasp. Hijacker was last seen being "interrogated" by Darren Cross. don't know if he's still breathing. Voice is in the wind. i'm sure that Magician will show up eventually. Spencer seemed to like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    he doesn't have anywhere to retire to. he became a villain because he was blacklisted from wrestling. and he lacks the mental capacity to do much beyond serving as muscle. he's had some decidedly more serious appearances (generally not wearing the teddy bear costume). he was a recurring foe for the Agents of Atlas. he was one of Osborn's Thunderbolts. and he was a hired killer alongside Boomerang in the Underworld series,irrc. all depends on the writer. i'm just surprised that he wasn't in Hunted. because he was in the same villain support group as Hippo. and he has a personal grudge against Black Ant. he became part of Spencer's Astonishing Ant-Man series after mistaking Scott for Eric.
    What is this underworld series? Give me titles and issues so I can search for the trade on Amazon. Would greatly appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    What is this underworld series? Give me titles and issues so I can search for the trade on Amazon. Would greatly appreciate it.
    Grizzly is the guy with the fangs.

He's in issues 3, 4, and 5.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 04-22-2019 at 03:43 PM.

UThanks Michael I’ll have to check it out. He looks like Sabretooth.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Thanks for the info.From all those stories featuring Grizzly i only knew of Grizzly being in Astonishing Ant Man.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Picked it up. A bit expositiony, the realisation of Kraven's plan turns a few tables

spoilers:
    Yum
    end of spoilers

Yeah, nothing surprising about this issue we know the robots will kill their users if they themselves are killed. Kraven and his Son wonder how far their conflict will go? Cause I'm expecting Kraven to kill him. Alongside with Lizard, I feel like he die in order to say his son

The world would be a better place if only every child got to have Felicia as their hot nanny. Alas, 'tis an impossibility.

I liked it. But I still don't quite know what Kraven is up to. Peter's going to have his hands full protecting everyone. Now's your second chance to redeem yourself Irredeemable Ant-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Yeah, nothing surprising about this issue we know the robots will kill their users if they themselves are killed. Kraven and his Son wonder how far their conflict will go? Cause I'm expecting Kraven to kill him. Alongside with Lizard, I feel like he die in order to say his son
    We found out that at least one of the hunters was above child murder. Kind of embarrassing to be killed by Leapfrog.

"I hate these hunters, I love you Kraven!"

"I hate you Kraven, I love these villains!"

"I hate these hunters, I love you Gibbon!"

"I hate that Vulture, I love that hunter!"

It's truly an emotional roller coaster.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Yeah, nothing surprising about this issue we know the robots will kill their users if they themselves are killed. Kraven and his Son wonder how far their conflict will go?
    I really don't care for the conflict, or this Kraven son much at all