BANNED

Default Chip Zdarsky Nominated For Eisners 2019

In the "best single issue/one-shot" and "best writer" category

Best Single Issue/One-Shot:

Beneath the Dead Oak Tree, by Emily Carroll (ShortBox)
    Black Hammer: Cthu-Louise, by Jeff Lemire and Emi Lenox (Dark Horse)
    No Better Words, by Carolyn Nowak (Silver Sprocket)
    Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #310, by Chip Zdarsky (Marvel)

The Terrible Elisabeth Dumn Against the Devils In Suits, by Arabson, translated by James Robinson (IHQ Studio/ Image)

Best Writer:

Alex de Campi, Bad Girls (Gallery 13); Twisted Romance (Image)
    Tom King, Batman, Mister Miracle, Heroes in Crisis, Swamp Thing Winter Special (DC)
    Jeff Lemire, Black Hammer: Age of Doom, Doctor Star & the Kingdom of Lost Tomorrows, Quantum Age (Dark Horse); Descender, Gideon Falls, Royal City (Image)
    Mark Russell, Exit Stage Left: The Snagglepuss Chronicles, Green Lantern/Huckleberry Hound, Lex Luthor/Porky Pig (DC); Lone Ranger (Dynamite)
    Kelly Thompson, Nancy Drew (Dynamite); Hawkeye, Jessica Jones, Mr. & Mrs. X, Rogue & Gambit, Uncanny X-Men, West Coast Avengers (Marvel)
    Chip Zdarsky, Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, Marvel Two-in-One (Marvel)
    Best of luck to him

https://www.newsarama.com/44949-2019...-nominees.html
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 04-26-2019 at 11:14 AM.

YES!!! I'm so happy for him!! I hope he wins!

If not Zdarksy, then Thompson. But I bet it'll be Lemire or King instead.

As for Best Single Issue, I haven't read the other nominees, but Spec's probably the one that sold the best. Interesting that DC got snubbed there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Interesting that DC got snubbed there.
    Tom King's Batman run is up for nomination in best continuing series

I meant that specific category, single issue. You'd expect Marvel and DC to represented in everything, as the two biggest publishers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So happy for Zdarsky. He's one of the best writers working today so he definitely deserved that nomination, and Spectacular 310 really was one of the best issues I read last year so super glad that is up there.

I'm as well on the Kelly Thompson excite train, but I do think Tom King probably has that in the bag thanks to Batman and Mister Miracle (he also won last year). If not him Mark Russell has a possible shot too.

I'm also not as familiar with the other Single Issue nominees, so I think they all have about equal shot of winning.

If he wins either award, it will be the first time a Spider-Man series has won an Eisner since J. Michael Straczynski's Coming Home won Best Story Arc. And prior to that was Spider-Man (97) and Untold Tales Of Spider-Man winning for Best Inker, and Ultimate Spider-Man winning twice for Best Writer.

Zdarsky deserves the award for 310 especially. I sincerely hope he wins.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Zdarsky already won an Eisner with Fraction for Sex Criminals. So this a two-fee but yeah he deserves it. Based on how Life Story ends he might be up again next year

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Zdarsky deserves the award for 310 especially. I sincerely hope he wins.
    Likewise. An instant classic and one of the best Spider-Man stories ever.

Completely deserving and he is quickly becoming one of my favorite writers. While I didn't care for his Peter Parker run, his Marvel 2 in 1 run was absolutely fantastic!!!!! I really wish he would have gotten the FF gig rather than Slott, but I am happy to have Chip on Daredevil.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Completely deserving and he is quickly becoming one of my favorite writers. While I didn't care for his Peter Parker run, his Marvel 2 in 1 run was absolutely fantastic!!!!! I really wish he would have gotten the FF gig rather than Slott, but I am happy to have Chip on Daredevil.
    According to Zdarsky, his heart really is in creator owned projects and Marcel stuff just pay the bills. Though he obviously brings his A game on it and he would not have worked on Life Story if he didn't care for the genre. He hinted that he prefers working on titles like Howard the Duck because he has more freedom. Daredevil might also have attracted him for that reading since Matt has always had more freedom and lasting status quo changes than most.

I'm honestly voting for Kelly Thompson to win.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)