Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Default Which weakness(es) you thought is the stupidest?

We all well know in comics writers needs give heroes/heroines some weaknesses to made the story could cotinue,But some weaknesses I really feeling stupid.So I wonder which weakness(es) in comic you find most ridiculous(could not limiting in DC).
    I personally thought is:
    Greem lantern's yellow impurity.I mean,the most powerful weapon in the universe couldn't work on a child toys just because it was yellow,This just hearing was already stupid.And when you found out them just needs using them ring to covering the object made it not yellow,and then,the ring would affect that object.This solution everytime when I see it,always make me think it was a comedy comic, even though the story was seriously................
    And Wonder Woman weakness to sharp instrument.
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 04-19-2019 at 06:28 AM.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Yes, the old GL weakness to yellow only made sense when it was a book for children. Alan Scott's weakness to wood wasn't as bad in my mind since his ring was based on magic, and the point of magic is that it doesn't make sense.

I had never heard of Wonder Woman's weakness to sharp objects. She's more known for losing her abilities if she's tied up. (which was also stupid)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yes, the old GL weakness to yellow only made sense when it was a book for children. Alan Scott's weakness to wood wasn't as bad in my mind since his ring was based on magic, and the point of magic is that it doesn't make sense.

I had never heard of Wonder Woman's weakness to sharp objects. She's more known for losing her abilities if she's tied up. (which was also stupid)
    In rebirth Justice league issue(Volume 3),WW been shotted by a bullet and nearly die,And IIRC,in some comics I readed WW also have this weakness
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    In rebirth Justice league issue(Volume 3),WW been shotted by a bullet and nearly die,And IIRC,in some comics I readed WW also have this weakness
    Growing up I never understood Martian Manhunter's aversion to fire when his "Martian vision" was his version of heat vision. Was it just flames that weakens him or extreme heat? Could someone, say Marvel's Firestar, who uses microwaves hurt him vs someone like Rusty Collins even though she is much more powerful?

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Growing up I never understood Martian Manhunter's aversion to fire when his "Martian vision" was his version of heat vision. Was it just flames that weakens him or extreme heat? Could someone, say Marvel's Firestar, who uses microwaves hurt him vs someone like Rusty Collins even though she is much more powerful?
    Should just flames,In cosmic odyssey he survived a supernova,So theoretically should just flame.But even this was not constantly,Like in GOG WARS,he been taken by preus blackfire vision(similar superman heat vision,just color become black......)

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    Should just flames,In cosmic odyssey he survived a supernova,So theoretically should just flame.But even this was not constantly,Like in GOG WARS,he been taken by preus blackfire vision(similar superman heat vision,just color become black......)
    Stars are not made of fire, they are light, heat and radiation. The most accurated description of an star in comics I remember was The Final Night. So with a supernova, Martian Manhunter should be fine. I would say too it just the flames,from any color.
    But if stupidest weakness we are talking I say than when Power Girl was vulnerable to natural materials was the most absurd:

"Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Green Lantern's weakness to yellow was goofy in my mind. I am reading the early 60's comics and it seems like every issue he fought against something yellow.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I honestly think they're all pretty stupid, but Yellow (Green Lanterns), Wood (Alan Scott), Raw Unprocessed Materials (Power Girl), Lead (Daxamites), and Fire (Martians) all stand out as the worst offenders to me.

I'm honestly not even fond of Kryptonite though, really, and it's probably the best one. The whole concept of a weakness is kind of stupid in my book. Back in the '50s, Superman's most common foe wasn't any specific villain, but just like, mobsters who happened to get their hands on some Kryptonite. I feel like modern conceptions of the Man of Steel are better at dealing with Kryptonite than the classic Superman was, in general, but the whole thing still sort of just rubs me the wrong way in general. And like I said, he's got the best one!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

I don't really mind Superhero weakness's, no matter how goofy .

Originally, Alan Scott had far more than "weakness to wood." It was explained that the Green Lantern power made him "immune to metal" so that bullets and knives didn't affect him, but anything non-metal could: like fists, wood, plastic, rubber...it was a sensible way to keep him from being too powerful in an age before supervillains. I kind of wish they had kept it that way instead of dumbing it down to "he has a weakness to wood"--although that is still more sensible than "weakness to yellow"!! "Oh, no! It's my arch-enemy, Banana Man!"
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"