Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Something about this isn’t adding up for me. Would coulson be so disillusioned about hydra cap that he would make some faustian deal with the devil to create the kinds of heroes he believed in, from the ground up? It’s like he’s writing fanfiction with life sized action figures. I’m wondering where the SSA can go from here, if they ever break free of their conditioning. I wonder what it will take to kick coulson loose from his current delusion.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Something about this isn’t adding up for me. Would coulson be so disillusioned about hydra cap that he would make some faustian deal with the devil to create the kinds of heroes he believed in, from the ground up? It’s like he’s writing fanfiction with life sized action figures. I’m wondering where the SSA can go from here, if they ever break free of their conditioning. I wonder what it will take to kick coulson loose from his current delusion.
    It isn’t adding up because it probably isn’t Coulson.

If I swore my life to authoritative institutions while idolizing larger than life heroes and then the most powerful and cherished of the latter used the former to murk me, I'd be on some villain joint, too.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Marquez has been kidnapped, but they didn't get Ponsor. The real MVP. Ponsor and McGuiness are godly. Very excited to see him work with Casseli, who's really come far since the good ol' days of the Initiative.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

i said that at the start of his Avengers run. and no one agreed with me. it's really what the title has become. personally, i don't care; as long as he's using characters that i like and the art is decent. but, long term, it will be bad for the team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    It isn’t adding up because it probably isn’t Coulson.
    Yes. We definitely haven't gotten the whole story yet about Coulson.

BANNED

I wonder if mephisto unleashed is on cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yes. We definitely haven't gotten the whole story yet about Coulson.
    I just feel like he is talking, knowing there is an audience when he committed the still unspecified murder. Almost like he was trying to justify why he had changed so much. Then that warped grin effect, through his glass, is usually comic book shorthand for another identity behind the mask.

can't wait for the "Dell Rusk" reveal.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

If "Coulson" is an imposter (kind of like what the plot for Season 6 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is sounding like as well), then the moment he reveals himself to the Avengers, it'll likely be an attempt to throw Coulson's death in their faces as something for them to take responsibility for, calling out the lack of accountability in contemporary superheroes that answer to no one and nothing but themselves and their own (flawed) judgment.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I just feel like he is talking, knowing there is an audience when he committed the still unspecified murder. Almost like he was trying to justify why he had changed so much. Then that warped grin effect, through his glass, is usually comic book shorthand for another identity behind the mask.
    That just brings up a whole other bunch of questions, like why someone would go to all the trouble of impersonating coulson, right down to his hero worship, when it doesn’t seem
    Like coulson was terribly well known in the super hero community. Coulson wannabe?

That just brings up a whole other bunch of questions, like why someone would go to all the trouble of impersonating coulson, right down to his hero worship, when it doesn’t seem
    Like coulson was terribly well known in the super hero community. Coulson wannabe?
    could just be an LMD (if Cheese hasn't always been an LMD in the comics). they tend to go haywire. they are very easily manipulated because of their nature.

Because he was in a position to leverage himself as the controller of a superhero team.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    could just be an LMD (if Cheese hasn't always been an LMD in the comics). they tend to go haywire. they are very easily manipulated because of their nature.
    Can mephisto manipulate an lmd? What’s in it for him?

Can mephisto manipulate an lmd? What’s in it for him?
    Nothing. He clearly says he brought him back from the dead. It isn't a LMD.