All-New Member

Talking This is driving me nuts!

Hi there, I've been trying to find a specific issue I read as a kid in the 80s but don't have enough info to locate it and it's frankly driving me insane. Hope you guys can help me: it was a comic in which, among other things, Luthor transformed Superman's face into Luthor's. Also Batman was there. I don't remember the specifics of the plot. Maybe a ruse of Superman to trick Luthor with the help of Batman at the end? IDK. I have a vivid recollection thou of an epilogue in which Clark Kent was buying a hot dog from a street vendor and watched how a kid fell from a window. As he was trying to figure out how to change and save the kid the vendor jumped over Superman and saved the kid, finally revealing to be Batman in disguise, who had been posing as a vendor to prank Superman. Crazy stuff,I know. Does anyone know if this issue actually existed? Thank you all in advance.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That almost sounds like something I remember from the 60s. Are you sure it was an 80s comic and not just one you read in the 80s?
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    That almost sounds like something I remember from the 60s. Are you sure it was an 80s comic and not just one you read in the 80s?
    I'm sure I read it in the 80s but also the artwork was definitely late 70s early 80s. I'm pretty sure it was a pre crisis thing because of the tone.

Incredible Member

Sounds pretty bizarre, can you recall the artist, Curt Swan perhaps? he was the most prolific on the titles in the 70's and early 80's.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    Sounds pretty bizarre, can you recall the artist, Curt Swan perhaps? he was the most prolific on the titles in the 70's and early 80's.
    I don't think It was Swan but, again, i read It as a kid and the memory is quite fragmentary. I was thinking yesterday It could be a World's Finest story but ive had no luck with those either.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Rofl, wow. Honestly I didn't remember anything described like that although I really love that comic. Like most recalled plots that description is a little miseading to the point where it sounds like it could even be some form of Action 524, but fair enough. Alex Toth isn't a bad childhood memory.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Thank you so much!