Extraordinary Member

Default Strongested Robot 7723 (Next Gen) can beat?

Just watched the Movie Next Gen on Netflix, and I really want to use one of the main characters in a rumble.

Here's the movie's final battle (Spoiler warning, obviously):

(You Say Run is added in, of course)

BANNED

Uhh, going by the one video, tbh 7723 is pretty run off the mill these days. He might do well against movie Astroboy, but he's not touching the various Megamen. Buster Machines, no way. He might have good odds against either Gurren or Lagann, but if they manage to combine, he's scrap metal. Casshern, doubtful.

He'd be a great anti-Terminator unit though!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    Uhh, going by the one video, tbh 7723 is pretty run off the mill these days. He might do well against movie Astroboy, but he's not touching the various Megamen. Buster Machines, no way. He might have good odds against either Gurren or Lagann, but if they manage to combine, he's scrap metal. Casshern, doubtful.

He'd be a great anti-Terminator unit though!
    How would he handle an Iron Man suit? Or Raiden from MGS?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Badly lacking the speed required to hang with Raiden.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Badly lacking the speed required to hang with Raiden.
    He did manage to shoot down a hail of missiles

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

He did manage to shoot down a hail of missiles
    That's not a feat in Raiden's league.

Raiden perceives missiles in slow motion and cuts them into french fries in flight. He's exceptionally fast.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

As far as Megamen go, I think he'd handle X fine. It'd take him awhile, as X is pretty durable, but he should have no problem going airborne and spamming laser AoE, and I don't see X hitting him while he's airborne, given reflexes and pinpoint accuracy good enough to shoot down the better part of a Macross Missile Barrage. And manoeuvring good enough to dodge the rest. Vanilla Megaman seems to have Rush Jet, at least, as a basic assumption, so he could at least compete in the air. Laser AoE is still pretty nasty though, given it seemed to hit a pretty huge area. No Megaman I can think of has the durability to not at least be considerably hurt by lasers that can cut swathes through vast numbers of robots. That shield seemed pretty strong too, since it tanked a hit that knocked him into like, the upper atmosphere, and he doesn't seem to have any trouble deploying it very quickly.

I think he'd be a good match for the Arcade Machine in Kung Fury.

Mind you, I'm just going off this one clip. The other robot there's feats could change things a lot.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 04-22-2019 at 06:55 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    As far as Megamen go, I think he'd handle X fine. It'd take him awhile, as X is pretty durable, but he should have no problem going airborne and spamming laser AoE, and I don't see X hitting him while he's airborne, given reflexes and pinpoint accuracy good enough to shoot down the better part of a Macross Missile Barrage. And manoeuvring good enough to dodge the rest. Vanilla Megaman seems to have Rush Jet, at least, as a basic assumption, so he could at least compete in the air. Laser AoE is still pretty nasty though, given it seemed to hit a pretty huge area. No Megaman I can think of has the durability to not at least be considerably hurt by lasers that can cut swathes through vast numbers of robots. That shield seemed pretty strong too, since it tanked a hit that knocked him into like, the upper atmosphere, and he doesn't seem to have any trouble deploying it very quickly.

Mind you, I'm just going off this one clip. The other robot there's feats could change things a lot.
    IIRC, before reactivating his weapons he took a hit from the laser without the shield

Now that I'm looking on Youtube, there's a relevant bit early in the fight where he's flying directly into Ares' gatling gun fire, and a slow motion shot has him moving not too much slower than the shells. Also he appears to be slowly weaving around them in mid-air. I dunno that I think he's reacting to them, but then shells from a gatling gun are pretty fast comparatively. At the very least, his body is capable of manoeuvring at high bullet time speeds, he just might not have actual bullet time reactions. Anyway, while this doesn't speak to his reflexes, he moves probably around 20 feet in the time it takes that gun to fire three shells, which is ridiculously fast given the firing rate of a modern gatling gun. Given how fast it was puking out casings (I THINK you call those casings? I don't know, I'm Canadian) earlier in the scene, I don't see any reason to believe it isn't firing at a comparable speed to a real gatling gun, so at the very least, 7723 FLIES extremely fast, which can probably get him some wins just by firing himself at his opponents.

BANNED

Raiden's way, WAY too fast. This wouldn't be a good fight. At least not for 7723.

IM, depends on the suit. This has the potential to be a GREAT fight(MCU MkVIII) or an epic curbstomp(Model Prime/Bleeding Edge)

THIS! This is a fight I'd pay money to see lol.

Realised the movie was on Netflix, so I took a better look at that fight, and I think catching that girl is a pretty solid speed feat. She falls off a bridge while he's pinned under Ares. He sees her, decides to format his memory, goes through the confirmation, cuts off Ares' arm, then jets out to where she's falling and catches her around halfway down. That's a lot of thinking, acting, and a long distance traveled in probably around 2 seconds or less. It's still not Raiden, but it adds up to something with his other feats.

Extraordinary Member

Realised the movie was on Netflix, so I took a better look at that fight, and I think catching that girl is a pretty solid speed feat. She falls off a bridge while he's pinned under Ares. He sees her, decides to format his memory, goes through the confirmation, cuts off Ares' arm, then jets out to where she's falling and catches her around halfway down. That's a lot of thinking, acting, and a long distance traveled in probably around 2 seconds or less. It's still not Raiden, but it adds up to something with his other feats.
    Did you see any good feats from the rest of the movie?