Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

If you put everyone's travel speed at the same rate as their reaction speed, that means in the time it took Tony to retrieve a tossed Shulkie a huuuuge amount of relative time would pass for all the combatants, meaning Superman might mop up anyone left for example. But otherwise you'd be looking at this huge bull rush thing. And an impact at near light speed is going to /hurt./ That is the sort of thing that Superman uses to take out moons.

You know, when I put forth that query, I expected other folks (especially Pen) to have an answer for it. I was so sure other people would have an answer for it that I was almost embarrassed to write such a dumb question. But it does indeed seem to be a toughie.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    If you put everyone's travel speed at the same rate as their reaction speed, that means in the time it took Tony to retrieve a tossed Shulkie a huuuuge amount of relative time would pass for all the combatants, meaning Superman might mop up anyone left for example. But otherwise you'd be looking at this huge bull rush thing. And an impact at near light speed is going to /hurt./ That is the sort of thing that Superman uses to take out moons.

You know, when I put forth that query, I expected other folks (especially Pen) to have an answer for it. I was so sure other people would have an answer for it that I was almost embarrassed to write such a dumb question. But it does indeed seem to be a toughie.
    If you put everyone's travel speed at the same rate as their reaction speed I wouldn't have bothered suggesting someone could fetch Jen, but if you don't do that, you're getting into that "equalized speed", in an effort to avoid the constructs of standard fight conditions, itself becomes an even more blatant and artificial construct than anything. At least "everyone actually remembers to use their powers" is just "everyone actually remembers to use their powers". I mostly have before just tried to really not examine "equalized" too deeply for that it kinda doesn't hold up in a lot of ways as far as its problems as a fight condition.

I would say the bull rush thing is still a bad idea for that if dodged at fight start, it doesn't likely end well for the people trying it, but it doesn't get around the sampler platter of other problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    So this isn't an arena fight then. Soooo... actually the Binary thing is less the way to go. The way to go is more to swarm the guy with Thor as point and Carol for absorbing energy. Whenever he BFRs She Hulk, someone can fly and get her back of the Iron Men.

Ultimately Thor can sacrifice BFR them both to some other dimension he can't come back from, technical win.
    Yeah I stated way back BFR is probably the way to go

But in an arena fight I still don't see how Jen is a factor. Superman takes to the air and engages Thor. Jen has to leap from the ground to make it a wrestling match. Superman just has to look at her to blast her away. In fact unless Thor gets an (unlikely) full nelson or something going instantly he could just duck her. Shulk has no way to manoeuvre in the air. In fact Superman can just blow her away (literally), she only weighs so much and there is no reason for him to ever get grounded. He can just stay up slapping Thor and yelling at Jen "It's over Anakin!... Don't try it! "

The other thing being he doesn't need an uppercut only. The arena is not domed and plenty of ways to chuck someone out, mid air without getting too fancy or directional, especially for someone who can punch people from the sun to earth or into orbit or chuck stuff out of the solar system, especially with only one other guy essentially being in that weight class and actually able to interact with him physically

But in an arena fight I still don't see how Jen is a factor. Superman takes to the air and engages Thor. Jen has to leap from the ground to make it a wrestling match. Superman just has to look at her to blast her away. In fact unless Thor gets an (unlikely) full nelson or something going instantly he could just duck her. Shulk has no way to manoeuvre in the air. In fact Superman can just blow her away (literally), she only weighs so much and there is no reason for him to ever get grounded. He can just stay up slapping Thor and yelling at Jen "It's over Anakin!... Don't try it! "
    At speed equalized it is a terrible idea to look away from Thor while directly wrestling with him. He's also not Cyclops, his eyebeams aren't constantly shooting out of his eyes once he opens them, he does have to will it so. I mean, he looks away from Thor while wrestling him, he gets headbutted, shot goes well awry, for one thing. He looks away from Thor to make with the superbreath, he gets headbutted, etc.

The other thing being he doesn't need an uppercut only. The arena is not domed and plenty of ways to chuck someone out, mid air without getting too fancy or directional, especially for someone who can punch people from the sun to earth or into orbit or chuck stuff out of the solar system, especially with only one other guy essentially being in that weight class and actually able to interact with him physically
    He needs to punch in a relatively upwards directing way instead of straight at someone is basically what I'm saying. Or otherwise grab and hurl them.

I'm not saying he won't be able to, but for instance trying that sort of jazz while wrestling with Thor is going to be extremely difficult and it opens him up to Jen grabbing up on him by contrast, etc.

Speed equalized is a whole thing.

It's also as a bunch of us have been otherwise discussing, a problematic thing in other ways, but that's something else.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 04-23-2019 at 02:00 PM.