Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

No thanks to that, because when she appeared there, I thought she looked too much like Nadia Van Dyne. Lady Octopus DOES need a more modern look though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Spider-Man’s supporting cast never lasts long so what’s the point?
    Nothing lasts forever. The point here would be twofold: the material, and the precedent it sets later. The status quo could change, but it would encourage a similar approach for the next team.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I'll echo those who want to see Miles express a more visually creative side like he had in ITSV. It isn't a big thing, but letting him be more artistic might open some doors. Even if those doors might just be stopping a villain at an art museum rather than a science museum.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Whitney Chang from the Amazing Spider-Man video games could be a nice addition to The Daily Bugle or The Fact Channel or any other in-universe news organization that debuted in the Spider-Man comics.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I would love for some of the Japanese villains to appear in the comics.(Iron Cross Army)

I liked Ultimate Spider-Man’s idea of Peter being a teacher of superheroes.
    Happened in one issue, Spidey and his class all loved the experience as a one time thing only.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    More to test if they would have the guts to pull it off, like I once read many of the 1967-1970 cartoon villains was free to show up in Ultimate Spider-Man, how about cannon 616 comics using Turbo Jet, hehehehehe.
    You want the angsty version of this guy

Make into comics when they killed the fun one? No thanks.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No thanks to that, because when she appeared there, I thought she looked too much like Nadia Van Dyne. Lady Octopus DOES need a more modern look though.
    Ironically, Hope Van Dyne was voiced in Avengers: Secret Wars by Kari Wahlgren, who was also Carolyn's voice on Marvel's Spider-Man (and played the heck out of it) .

If only Hope had had that much personality...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Happened in one issue, Spidey and his class all loved the experience as a one time thing only.

You want the angsty version of this guy

Make into comics when they killed the fun one? No thanks.
    No. Turbo Jet. A villain from that lame, dated, badly computer-generated Spider-Man show, supposedly in Tobey McGuire Spider-Man verse, that kills off most of the few comic villains who actually showed up within its extremely brief late night MTV time slot.

Simply to know Marvel can.
    Last edited by ngroove; 04-21-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    No. Turbo Jet. A villain from that lame, dated, badly computer-generated Spider-Man show, supposedly in Tobey McGuire Spider-Man verse, that kills off most of the few comic villains who actually showed up within its extremely brief late night MTV time slot.

Simply to know Marvel can.
    Yes. Read the issue of the cover I posted, and the look at the newspaper clippings on Wyler's wall, you'll notice they took the same backstory and the basic idea of fast movement forward.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    snip flash as jock
    yeah that was the hardest part for me to get my mind around, but once the “penis parker” dj set happened, i felt it all clicked. this felt current and nicely updated for a modern audience. and jock bully nemesis feels done to death

there’s no need for flash to change in the comics mind you, adaptations can be their own thing
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    yeah that was the hardest part for me to get my mind around, but once the “penis parker” dj set happened, i felt it all clicked. this felt current and nicely updated for a modern audience. and jock bully nemesis feels done to death
    I can see what they were going for but it just didn't really do it for me. I've just seen more impactful takes on Flash.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can see what they were going for but it just didn't really do it for me. I've just seen more impactful takes on Flash.
    The problem isn’t that Flash wasn’t a Jock. The problem is that Peter is more popular than Flash, at least among the group which is more important than what Flash is into himself.

Mighty Member

The problem isn’t that Flash wasn’t a Jock. The problem is that Peter is more popular than Flash, at least among the group which is more important than what Flash is into himself.
    From what we’ve seen of MCU Flash, he’s more of a traditional Harry Osborn... the guy who is OBVIOUSLY a dweeb hanging out with the cool kids. It speaks that whenever Harry is adapted, he’s either well put together, or part of the “nerd herd”.

I know Octavius has called Spider-Man “Insect” a lot in older stories, but has he ever called Spidey “Arachnid”? Granted, nowadays he probably won’t interact with Peter that way anymore, but I figured that using the correct terminology would be something that suits Ock more than other people Spider-Man has come in conflict with in the last.