Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Actually the only real head scratcher is part 5.

1-4, even though they introduce a brand new McGuffin each movie, they otherwise fit together.

Bumblebee, I remember posting quotes by the director himself in the actual thread (which weirdly got ignored) that he was trying to keep it in line with the Bayverse (hence no Megatron) but that doesn't explain the ending, though I have a theory on that one.

Bumblebee was blatantly a Reboot but they went soft because they weren't sure if the audience would be cool with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Bumblebee was blatantly a Reboot but they went soft because they weren't sure if the audience would be cool with it.
    Yeah I remember quoting the director saying it wasn't and it got ignored in that thread like it got ignored with your post. I'm honestly not sure what that is about. Going forward (any sequels) it may be a reboot but at the time that wasn't the case.

Classic X-Men movie universe before the time jump is earth 10005.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-10005

Reboot universe is universe trn414

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-TRN414

Logan universe is universe 17315

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Logan_(film)

So not the same universe as marvel has them listed as other universes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Classic X-Men movie universe before the time jump is earth 10005.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-10005

Reboot universe is universe trn414

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-TRN414

Logan universe is universe 17315

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Logan_(film)

So not the same universe as marvel has them listed as other universes.

Hell yes. That's official.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Hell yes. That's official.
    A Fandom wiki is nothing official if it was a Fox website than yes it's official fans doing guess work and making assumptions isn't official though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    A Fandom wiki is nothing official if it was a Fox website than yes it's official fans doing guess work and making assumptions isn't official though.
    It's Marvel to chose how to name its universes, not Fox.
    Ask the WIKI staff where they took those titles... sure as hell, they are everywhere in the net.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-20-2019 at 08:51 PM.

It's Marvel to chose how to name its universes, not Fox.
    Ask the WIKI staff where they took those titles... sure as hell, they are everywhere in the net.
    That is not a Fox or Marvel website it's a fandom wiki even things like the Marvel or DC Datebase aren't official websites same for Memory Alpha and Beta for Star Trek they're fan ran sites that anyone can add and change it I could change it if I want to all I have to do is register even Wikipedia works that way it's why wiki's can't be completely trusted.

I don't hate any of the X-Men films the only three I have any issue with are The Last Stand, Origins, and Dark Phoenix. Last Stand and Origins for being bad but they have good points like KG's Beast and Origins was OK till the 3rd act. Dark Phoenix I dislike because it's not a proper telling of the Phoenix Saga in all it's Cosmic (Imperial Guard/Blue Area of the Moon) and Hellfire Club glory and I doubt now the MCU will ever tell the story due to it being told twice. But I also don't try to tear down the MCU to try and elevate the XCU and by the way I think the MCU is fun and entertaining but that's it.

As for this timeline stuff the fact there is no official place to look and see where all the X-Men Films, Wolverine Films, Deadpool Films, Gifted, and Legion fit together with which continuities is ridiculous and fan websites, fan theories, and fan fictions no matter if they even have their own websites aren't canon or fact.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-20-2019 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Transformers.
    Although they are now saying that Bumblee is a continuity reboot, which does clean up some of the mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Bumblebee, I remember posting quotes by the director himself in the actual thread (which weirdly got ignored) that he was trying to keep it in line with the Bayverse (hence no Megatron) but that doesn't explain the ending, though I have a theory on that one.
    Seems like there's a bit of back and forth on that. I mean, the BluRay features and bonus comic (which I don't honestly attach much canonical weight to, to be honest), do repeat the ideas that the movie was meant to be a canonical prequel and Travis Knight did also note in a podcast interview that they did take some liberties with the facts when making their own story since the Bay movies had a messy continuity in the first place, so they couldn't make a consistent prequel. The producer has been equivocating right and left on wether it was a reboot or a prequel (it really felt like he wanted to have his cake and eat it too on that question). I also recall Knight gave another interview which seemed to stress the idea of it being a reboot.

IMHO, it can work as either although you do need to squint for it to be a prequel. I'd prefer a reboot, but it is what it. Maybe the filmmakers are changing their minds?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

That is not a Fox or Marvel website it's a fandom wiki even things like the Marvel or DC Datebase aren't official websites same for Memory Alpha and Beta for Star Trek they're fan ran sites that anyone can add and change it I could change it if I want to all I have to do is register even Wikipedia works that way it's why wiki's can't be completely trusted.
    I feel the same way about the tardis wiki (fan site for Dr. Who).

I don't hate any of the X-Men films the only three I have any issue with are The Last Stand, Origins, and Dark Phoenix. Last Stand and Origins for being bad but they have good points like KG's Beast and Origins was OK till the 3rd act. Dark Phoenix I dislike because it's not a proper telling of the Phoenix Saga in all it's Cosmic (Imperial Guard/Blue Area of the Moon) and Hellfire Club glory and I doubt now the MCU will ever tell the story due to it being told twice. But I also don't try to tear down the MCU to try and elevate the XCU and by the way I think the MCU is fun and entertaining but that's it.
    I like Last Stand a bit, and its probably because it ends for the time being the bromance between Charles and Xavier fairly early into the movie (but then it effectively becomes Wolverine and friends). Interestingly, the MCU could in theory tell the Phoenix story proper complete with the Shi'ar and Hellfire Club since with the former they're not afraid to use aliens. But at that point it would be like telling the story now three times so I don't see it happening per se. Its just weird that FoxU had a no aliens rule, which I guess is fine, but wanted to tell a story that was heavily space and alien influenced just without those trappings.

As for this timeline stuff the fact there is no official place to look add see where all the X-Men Films, Wolverine Films, Deadpool Films, Gifted, and Legion fit together with which continuities is ridiculous and fan websites, fan theories, and fan fictions no matter if they even have their own websites aren't canon or fact.
    Fox didn't have someone (unless someone can correct me) like Feige to make sure everything fit together somehow. I think each director was given great freedom to tell the story they wanted to tell without worrying what another director was doing. There's pros and cons to that, but since Fox is now under Disney I don't think too much of it since I know whenever it gets rebooted, under the MCU it will all fit together. For now I just enjoy them a separate pieces of work, essentially independent of each other. I get some people much have every t cross and i dotted but that's kinda impossible here.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Although they are now saying that Bumblee is a continuity reboot, which does clean up some of the mess.

Seems like there's a bit of back and forth on that. I mean, the BluRay features and bonus comic (which I don't honestly attach much canonical weight to, to be honest), do repeat the ideas that the movie was meant to be a canonical prequel and Travis Knight did also note in a podcast interview that they did take some liberties with the facts when making their own story since the Bay movies had a messy continuity in the first place, so they couldn't make a consistent prequel. The producer has been equivocating right and left on wether it was a reboot or a prequel (it really felt like he wanted to have his cake and eat it too on that question). I also recall Knight gave another interview which seemed to stress the idea of it being a reboot.
    I remember Knight said he had designs ready for Megatron before he realized oops he'd be on ice by the time of the movie. But, so far he hasn't done anything that contradicted the movies (ending notwithstanding) save for part 5.

I think the problem is Hasbro doesn't know what to do and Knight et al are taking orders from a company that is wishy washy. My belief is that from Hasbro's side, save part 5 the movies made a ridiculous amount of money, with 3 and 4 hitting the billions, so they don't want to throw out the baby with the bathwater so to speak (the Bayverse continuity). On the other hand they're trying to gauge how much of the audience that made it those billions also want a reboot lest they have a Turtles 2 Out of the Shadows scenario. Bumblebee doing good but not gangbusters doesn't help either. I'm not sure how they're interpreting its success in regards to whether to keep or jettison the Bayverse continuity.

BANNED

Well, I did it. Weblurker kinda convinced me about this.

I modified my timelines and inserted "LOGAN" in the Original Timeline a.k.a. Timeline Prime Alpha.

So, "Logan" is a follow-up of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", "X-Men", "X2" and "X-Men: The Last Stand". It works nicely this way.

Decades after the events of "Logan" (2029), Sebastian Shaw (Kevin Bacon) traveled back in 1912 and started altering the timeline, thus creating the "First Class Franchise" we all know and love.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 04-20-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Well, I did it. Weblurker kinda convinced me about this.

I modified my timelines and inserted "LOGAN" in the Original Timeline a.k.a. Timeline Prime Alpha.

So, "Logan" is a follow-up of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", "X-Men", "X2" and "X-Men: The Last Stand". It works nicely this way.

Decades after the events of "Logan" (2029), Sebastian Shaw (Kevin Bacon) traveled back in 1912 and started altering the timeline, thus creating the "First Class Franchise" we all know and love.
    Your Fan Fiction is not Canon.

BANNED

Your Fan Fiction is not Canon.
    Well, this idea doesn't even come frome me. Many claimed that online. The movie wants to be a salute to the old relationship between Logan and Charles. No new timeline involved.
    That's why Xavier only remembers the first days of Wolverine as X-Man the way they have been depicted in the first movie, as well as being filled with easter eggs to the original trilogy and "X-Men Origins".

Beautiful.

Well, this idea doesn't even come frome me. Many claimed that online. The movie wants to be a salute to the old relationship between Logan and Charles. No new timeline involved.
    That's why Xavier only remembers the first days of Wolverine as X-Man the way they have been depicted in the first movie, as well as being filled with easter eggs to the original trilogy and "X-Men Origins".

Beautiful.
    My hats off to you because you have put way more thought into these movies then the people who actually made them.

I've heard someone else say something about Shaw being a time traveler before where did you guys pull that from?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    My hats off to you because you have put way more thought into these movies then the people who actually made them.

I've heard someone else say something about Shaw being a time traveler before where did you guys pull that from?
    Thank you so much for your kind words! Truly.

Yes, there was an old post in the net. I elaborated my scenario by working on that simple idea.