Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Are the 2 "Deadpool" movies and "Logan" alternate worlds?

I think so, kinda of.

Colossus doesn't look like the Daniel Cudmore version at all (he also never revert to his human form), you can see the 1992's team in 2018 ('Deadpool 2'), Cable's future doesn't match with DOFP (the 2023 happy ending) or even the "Logan" future... and the list goes on.
    Deadpool breaking the fourth wall millions of times seems very "off" to make it belong to the mainstream X-Men film franchise, quite frankly.
    Also, the Ice Box prison seems out of place with the world set by the new timeline of DOFP/Apocalypse/Dark Phoenix.

In regards to "Logan":

EDIT:

Well, I did it. Weblurker kinda convinced me about this.

I modified my timelines and inserted "LOGAN" in the Original Timeline a.k.a. Timeline Prime Alpha.

So, "Logan" is a follow-up of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", "X-Men", "X2" and "X-Men: The Last Stand". It works nicely this way.

Decades after the events of "Logan" (2029), Sebastian Shaw (Kevin Bacon) traveled back in 1912 and started altering the timeline, thus creating the "First Class Franchise" we all know and love.

What do you think? I'm looking forward your feedback on this. I wanted to open a POLL, but I can't --- I don't know how to do it.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 04-20-2019 at 02:40 PM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

No.

10char.

I can't think of a single film series as much as a mess as the Fox X-Men films continuity wise. I mean even the Halloween series which has 6 timelines in it's series but they clearly state what is in continuity with each other and not this guessing game.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I can't think of a single film series as much as a mess as the Fox X-Men films continuity wise. I mean even the Halloween series which has 6 timelines in it's series but they clearly state what is in continuity with each other and not this guessing game.
    Transformers.

BANNED

How is there even any doubt?

BANNED

There is no reason to even try. It assumes cohesion and purpose between films and there was clearly none of that. It's trying to apply reason and rationality to chaos and superficiality. This is an exercise in futility.

And that's why we can all smile for the next five years!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Transformers.
    Them linking together is a mess but them all being in continuity is what TPTB claims. The only one that comes close is Highlander series which each sequels are sequels to the original film but ignores each others events and TPTB never comment on it.

It's just ridiculous TPTB have never clearly stated which films and shows are connected in their own timelines and which aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    There is no reason to even try. It assumes cohesion and purpose between films and there was clearly none of that. It's trying to apply reason and rationality to chaos and superficiality. This is an exercise in futility.

The movie producers of the X-Films were the key factors to getting Legion made. Logically they really wanted to tie in the show to the movies. The Patrick Stewart impression, the wheelchair from Apocalypse appearing, etc. And Hawley successfully integrated the original Fargo movie into his tv universe.

Then partway through season 1, those same producers like Singer, Kinberg, and Donner threw their hands up and just said **** it, because the movie continuity would make the show too complicated.

The show with the unreliable narrators, surreal mindscapes, the David Lynch/Wes Anderson hybrid atmosphere, the manipulative mindgames and illusions -- couldn't handle the continuity of the X-Films. That really says something about how messed up he films have been handled.

It was the right decision to keep Legion apart from that mess.

Deadpools his own universe. Logan wasnt and you gotta assume shortly after the new fixed timelines in DOFP things went to ****.

Xmen films timelines and continuity is awful. Just enjoy the good films and ignore the bad ones and try not to look at them too closely.

Transformers.
    Their actually not too bad as long as you dont look too deep into it. Comics help explain stuff as well.

Bayformers are a united race. Aliens invade to steal the cube. They kill them all but Megatron get antsy about the cube, wondering if his race could use it for limitless transformation, the Fallen contacts him and eventually Megatron becomes his disciple which in turn eventually causes him to start the civil war against the autobots led by Sentinel prime whom (at the near conclusion of the war) brokers a deal with the decepticons for peace and by using a spacebridge to enslave a sentient species to aid in reconstruction of their world. He gets lost on the way there and ends up on earths moon unconcious.

Meanwhile bumblebee and Megatron get into a fight over the cube, megatron crushes his voicebox but Bumblebee sends it into space. Megatron follows it to earth but crashes in the arctic and freezes over going unconcious.

Prior to this Earth had been visited by Transformers several times. By the Fallen and the council of Primes, whom defeated the fallen for breaking their "Dont turn sentient life planets into energon", by the Knights whom helped a realistic Arthur figure defeat Barbarian hordes and first of all by the Quintessa whom were their (bayformers) creators presumably using the cube as a tool in that creation. Beyond all that however is that Earth us secretly Unicorn and that a secret society hss been huding the existence of Transformers throughout mankinds history way before sector 7 was created in the early 20th century.

After that its literally just rinse repeat of "Bayformers and humans learning their own connected history whilst fighting the villains whom ARE aware of the history"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post

What you see on-screen is canon, not what the screenplayers intended it to be originally. The creature goes beyond the creators.
    "First Class" was officially presented as a soft-reboot. There are some incongruences involving the characters' age (including the NEW Angel) as well as the continuity that bring us fans to think to the "First Class Timeline" as an alternate universe OR a previously-altered timeline even before the events of DOFP.

Transformers.
    Actually the only real head scratcher is part 5.

1-4, even though they introduce a brand new McGuffin each movie, they otherwise fit together.

Bumblebee, I remember posting quotes by the director himself in the actual thread (which weirdly got ignored) that he was trying to keep it in line with the Bayverse (hence no Megatron) but that doesn't explain the ending, though I have a theory on that one.

The only one that comes close is Highlander series which each sequels are sequels to the original film but ignores each others events and TPTB never comment on it.

It's just ridiculous TPTB have never clearly stated which films and shows are connected in their own timelines and which aren't.
    Well Endgame acknowledged the show but that's it. The show itself was going to go with the Highlander 2 alien origin (hence why every single immortal on the show is a foundling) until the movie bombed (immortals stayed foundlings but no alien origin). And the hated-even-more-than-Highlander-2 Highlander: The Source was in line with Endgame and by extension the show.

Though thinking about it, the only sequel it could acknowledge (Endgame and show alike) was The Final Dimension/The Sorcerer/Part 3. MacLeod figured out he didn't have the Prize when (as was told in the movie) he and Brenda was hit by a car and only she died so it already left the door open for more immortals and not just Kane and his henchmen. Heck the ending didn't even hint at a Prize.

BANNED

I forgot this:

In the DOFP positive future, set in 2023, you can see mutant kids at Xavier's School - and you know they are mutants because you can also see the "Young Mutant Scavenger" among them (he already appeared at the beginning of the movie, in the negative 2023).
    This means that there was NO anti-mutation virus spreading in 2004...
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 04-20-2019 at 06:13 AM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Logan is the reality that follows up the alternate ending to the Wolverine and the post credit scene never happens. That’s my story and I’m sticking with it, inconsistencies be damned.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Logan is the reality that follows up the alternate ending to the Wolverine and the post credit scene never happens. That’s my story and I’m sticking with it, inconsistencies be damned.
    Yeah, good idea.

Well, this is another point of confusion.

Alexander Felici plays a character named "Young Mutant Scavenger" as listed in the credits of DOFP. He resembles Nate Grey/X-Man a bit.
    He is seen at the very beginning of DOFP (dystopian 2023) and at the very ending of DOFP (positive future). It also proves that "Logan" (the movie) is set in an alternate future, because he is a mutant kid obviously born long time after 2004, when the Alkali-Transigen anti-mutation virus has been released.

Well, it looks like there's even another "X-Man" character. You can see a young guy resembling Nate Grey in the classroom, at the beginning of "X-Men: Apocalypse".
    Similarly, you can see an older version of this character in the dystopian future of DOFP - the hooded figure running among the ruins while Xavier is explaining to everyone in the temple the Sentinels history.

Any theory?