Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    OK here are some questions about timelines and alternate realities. Do any of the other Fox Marvel movies take place in the Fox X-Men Timelines like any of the FF movies, DD, or Elektra even though none made references to mutants?
    Great question. No, I think they are set in their standalone alternate universes. Maybe Fox FF and Fox Daredevil/Elektra can co-exist? I don't see any problem in that.

Let's be honest, mutants and X-Men have ZERO SENSE in an universe filled with mutates and average superheroes. Having them in the MCU is just pointless and make genetic mutations totally pointless in terms of social commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Great question. No, I think they are set in their standalone alternate universes. Maybe Fox FF and Fox Daredevil/Elektra can co-exist? I don't see any problem in that.

Let's be honest, mutants and X-Men have ZERO SENSE in an universe filled with mutates and average superheroes. Having them in the MCU is just pointless and make genetic mutations totally pointless in terms of social commentary.
    I will never agree with that then that means mutants and the X-Men have no place in the comics Marvel Universe and I will never agree with that. People fear being replaced and what they can't explain and mutants represent both unlike other metas who have explanations for their powers and humanity doesn't fear they are the next stage of evolution.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I will never agree with that then that means mutants and the X-Men have no place in the comics Marvel Universe and I will never agree with that. People fear being replaced and what they can't explain and mutants represent both unlike other metas who have explanations for their powers and humanity doesn't fear they are the next stage of evolution.
    Yeah, I respect your opinion, but you human man couldn't see the difference. Spider-Man or Sunspot, there's no difference, they can be both potentially dangerous, no matter their origins. Also, having people accustomed to superheroes make them less fearful for mutants.
    I think the social commentary could be literally crushed in a MCU-type universe.

New dog tags? I don't remember in X2 where Logan lost their original ones...
    At the end, when finding Stryker chained up by Magneto. Stryker asks him if he's really just going to walk away from him. Logan throws him the tags and leaves with the others. So, presumably they ended up at the bottom of the lake when the dam burst. That would be tricky to explain how he got them back if Logan was G1 timeline (although it would make sense if it was Days of Future Past timeline; he just never lost them).

The tags are clearly different in Logan then in X1 and 2 (the Logan ones look like normal rounded edged tags with the string hole in one end, while the other ones had funky cuts in the sides and the hole was along a side), which would make more sense if those movies were in different timelines, but since Origins: Wolverine showed his original tags looking like normal ones, the door is already open to write the discrepancy off as artistic license.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The tags are clearly different in Logan then in X1 and 2 (the Logan ones look like normal rounded edged tags with the string hole in one end, while the other ones had funky cuts in the sides and the hole was along a side), which would make more sense if those movies were in different timelines, but since Origins: Wolverine showed his original tags looking like normal ones, the door is already open to write the discrepancy off as artistic license.
    He already changed tags in Origins, so it's a kind of "habit" for him in order to redefine his role each time his life changes direction.
    I would say that he acquired a new pair of tags after the events of X2, maybe with the official classification of "X-Man" stamped over them.
    The tags in Logan are these new ones, and the adamantium bullet is also a new type.

I think continuity hiccups tend to happen when you have your timeline all over the place, especially in long-running franchises. Just look at comics themselves!

Other examples of course:

-Star Wars-Many fans of course have noted that some aspects of the prequels don't really line up with the backstory recounted in the OT, although of course Obi-Wan did mislead Luke at first.

-Pretty much the last three Star Trek productions (Enterprise, The Kelvin movies, Discovery) have been given a lot of grief by some fans over continuity issues, although the Kelvin stuff is set in a different timeline (although one created by the original's events). Especially technology.

-Gundam has the same problem Trek does I think, in the first couple of TV series and movies the tech progression of the mobile suits including the Gundam seems fairly linear. Heck, the first one in Zeta Gundam is called Gundam Mark II and we assume it's the first Gundam since the original. But then the 90's OAVs come along and not only were there multiple Gundams during the One Year War, but between the original and Zeta(!).

-Doctor Who although you can pretty much wave that away with the whole time travel stuff.

James Bond-Although Bond's aging more or less makes sense up to View To A Kill, then Dalton comes along and he and Moneypenny are suddenly in their 20s and 30s but Q and M look the same. Plus by Die Another Day Bond technically should be in his mid-70s but only seems to be in his 40s. Then you have the Craig movies which seem like a fresh reboot although they have Brosnan's M, and it's never quit explained in Skyfall where the Goldfinger style Aston Martin came from....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

He already changed tags in Origins, so it's a kind of "habit" for him in order to redefine his role each time his life changes direction.
    I would say that he acquired a new pair of tags after the events of X2, maybe with the official classification of "X-Man" stamped over them.
    The tags in Logan are these new ones, and the adamantium bullet is also a new type.
    Wait your saying Wolverine post X2 who's not in the military anymore went and ordered some dog tags prior to Logan??

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    At the end, when finding Stryker chained up by Magneto. Stryker asks him if he's really just going to walk away from him. Logan throws him the tags and leaves with the others. So, presumably they ended up at the bottom of the lake when the dam burst. That would be tricky to explain how he got them back if Logan was G1 timeline (although it would make sense if it was Days of Future Past timeline; he just never lost them).

Wolverine's freaking claws are different in X1, Origins and Logan. There isn't any meaning behind it. It's just inconsistency.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Wolverine's freaking claws are different in X1, Origins and Logan. There isn't any meaning behind it. It's just inconsistency.
    everything that happened in the Wolverine was just waived away thanks to DoFP so they never had to explain how he got his claws back either. People love to talk about how Logan died how The Wolverine predicted(Despite him temporarily dying in that movie the way she prodicted.) But yea that movie basically meant nothing because nothing in it happened. Parts of Origins would have to of been altered as well but the Wolverine just never happened. Probaly why Mangold killed off all the Xmen in Logan. They shit on his movie so he shit on theirs (I'm kidding).. Though Xmen 1-3 also would have to be very different movies now aswell. I mean if your trying to keep it all in one time line. That's why I can go down that road. I just gotta watch the movies as almost standalones otherwise I'll get annoyed at how little they either cared about continuity or just didnt care about the small details.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Wait your saying Wolverine post X2 who's not in the military anymore went and ordered some dog tags prior to Logan??
    Yes. That's a ritual to him. As shown in "Origins".

Could be, although I think they do say "Wolverine" on them, indicating that they're supposed to be the Weapon X ones. The context of the scene (with the sword from The Wolverine and all that, really makes it making more sense if its the movie's iteration of the old tags, not new ones).

Guess the bullet would have to be new to explain why it works differently then the original ones (although I have gathered that James Mangold did not take any consideration into what Origins: Wolverine had set up).

That was kinda my point.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Yes. That's a ritual to him. As shown in "Origins".
    He was in the military and weapon x. That's way different then a man who's been out of all that for 50years getting dog tags made just because. Sounds like more fan fiction to make sense of bad continuity, which Origins was the first one to really crap all over that.

BANNED

He was in the military and weapon x. That's way different then a man who's been out of all that for 50years getting dog tags made just because. Sounds like more fan fiction to make sense of bad continuity, which Origins was the first one to really crap all over that.
    If he did that, he did that in 2005, after the events of X2. It's not a stretch at all. He surely spent various solo adventures around the world, along with his missions as X-Man. Just like the comic books.
    Dog tags are part of his war rituals, no matter what.

It's not "bad continuity" at all. LOGAN is an alternate universe. I'm just inserting it into the original timeline.

BANNED

In Origins, the claws were "fresher". In Logan, they were a bit more "worn out". Still the same claws.

Really? As I recall, the major timeline problems began in First Class. I mean, barring a recast for Sabretooth and couple little odds and ends, it did fit with the rest of the movies pretty well.

In Origins, the claws were "fresher". In Logan, they were a bit more "worn out". Still the same claws.
    Yeah, I think the filmmakers have tried to show the metal "tarnishing" over time, but I think that the point is that designs change a bit from movie to movie. Heck, in the original film, the x-rays show that the claws are all mechanical implants, which later movies showed to be otherwise.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)