Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Thank you so much for your kind words! Truly.

Yes, there was an old post in the net. I elaborated my scenario by working on that simple idea.
    That's cool but I'm curious why the idea hes a time traveler is even a thing though? Is there anything to suggest this or is it soemthing someone made up to make the movies fit better?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    That's cool but I'm curious why the idea hes a time traveler is even a thing though? Is there anything to suggest this or is it soemthing someone made up to make the movies fit better?
    Made-up for the movies.
    ANYWAY, Shaw was a very suspect person with a shadowy past. His "Magneto" helmet was futuristic tech and, overall speaking, it seemed like he knew about the mutant race more than anyone else in the world.

Made-up for the movies.
    ANYWAY, Shaw was a very suspect person with a shadowy past. His "Magneto" helmet was futuristic tech and, overall speaking, it seemed like he knew about the mutant race more than anyone else in the world.
    Well he was a Mutant and a Old one who was studying them. And I recall the Helmet being a gift from Soviet scientists. I mean if Beast can make Cerebro then I dont see how a telepath blocking helmet is so advanced for the time.

BANNED

Well he was a Mutant and a Old one who was studying them. And I recall the Helmet being a gift from Soviet scientists. I mean if Beast can make Cerebro then I dont see how a telepath blocking helmet is so advanced for the time.
    Yeah, but it's extremely cool to think the helmet belonged to the Original Timeline Magneto.

Also, he knew history, future mutants and X-Men very well, so he modified a lot of lives and thus caused some characters to be born before or after their "original" time.
    After having experienced the terrible "Logan" future, I cannot blame him for trying to assure Mutants' dominance over humans.

Yeah, but it's extremely cool to think the helmet belonged to the Original Timeline Magneto.

Also, he knew history, future mutants and X-Men very well, so he modified a lot of lives and thus caused some characters to be born before or after their "original" time.
    After having experienced the terrible "Logan" future, I cannot blame him for trying to assure Mutants' dominance over humans.
    Ok its pure fanfiction I thought maybe there was some actual evidence this was true.

Still in all seriousness pretty creative the lengths people have gone to try to fix the continuity errors. But honestly it doesnt matter to me I loved half the XCU movies I hated a couple and was whatever towards Apocalypse. The continuity issues have never been a hindrance for me, just something I poke fun at sometimes. But really doesnt hurt my enjoyment

So since your very versed in the fan fiction for the XCU. They introduced young Nightcrawler and he still has the creepy religious self mutilation scars. When did he do this to himself? Hes pretty young when we meet and for whatever reason the Writer decided to keep those so now we know a Child was cutting himself up every time he sinned. So how young though( that's one of the continuity things I wish they woulda just left behind. Nightcralwer is a man faith but also a fun loving light hearted prankster. Self mutilation is weird especialy since young Kurt seems to be shy but for the most part well adjusted and does seem more light hearted like the comics.)

BANNED

They introduced young Nightcrawler and he still has the creepy religious self mutilation scars. When did he do this to himself? Hes pretty young when we meet and for whatever reason the Writer decided to keep those so now we know a Child was cutting himself up every time he sinned. So how young though( that's one of the continuity things I wish they woulda just left behind. Nightcralwer is a man faith but also a fun loving light hearted prankster. Self mutilation is weird especialy since young Kurt seems to be shy but for the most part well adjusted and does seem more light hearted like the comics.)

Fan fiction yes, but there's enough evidence on-screen to support my scenario and - however - "First Class" was introduced as a soft-reboot (meaning: "revised continuity").

Good point. Very good point.
    Kurt is surely born in 1963 and thus he is 20 years old by the time the events of "Apocalypse" occurred.
    I guess he did that when he was 17, or maybe it's part of his mutation and the "self mutilation" thesis was a lie, or his religious way to justify his "warped" aspect.

Theres enough evidence on screen to say Dicaprio in titanic was a tine traveller.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Theres enough evidence on screen to say Dicaprio in titanic was a tine traveller.
    Too bad the movie was very lame... the time traveler thing would have make it at least a decent movie.

Fan fiction yes, but there's enough evidence on-screen to support my scenario and - however - "First Class" was introduced as a soft-reboot (meaning: "revised continuity").

Good point. Very good point.
    Kurt is surely born in 1963 and thus he is 20 years old by the time the events of "Apocalypse" occurred.
    I guess he did that when he was 17, or maybe it's part of his mutation and the "self mutilation" thesis was a lie, or his religious way to justify his "warped" aspect.
    Theres no real evidence and if the writers wanted shaw to be a time traveler they would dropped actual hints. But it a nice way to justify timelines and as convoluted as it is, its probaly the least convoluted way to rectify the continuity. So maybe when I watch the XCU movies from now on that's what I'll tell myself when something doesn line up. Better then saying fu** it who cares just watch this movie, which is what I usually tell myself.

Wait Nightcrawler is 20 in Xmen apocalypse? I thought him Scott and Jean were highschool aged? I was thinking like 16 maybe 17.

BANNED

There's as much evidence that Beast invented a time machine in 2075 (remember, good mutant genes means he doesn't age) and fucked with the timeline as there is evidence that Shaw did the same.

Well, if we ignore which one of these has comic book precedence.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I remember Knight said he had designs ready for Megatron before he realized oops he'd be on ice by the time of the movie. But, so far he hasn't done anything that contradicted the movies (ending notwithstanding) save for part 5.
    Right about the Megatron thing. As far as other contradictions beyond number five, there are at least a few:

- In the other movies, Sector 7 was founded in the early 20th century to study Megatron and the All-Spark, while Bumblee is very clear that his landing on Earth decades later was first contact (Sector Seven has no idea who the Transformers are, it's an important plot point that allying with Shatter and Dropkick will give the US Cybertronian technology, which wouldn't be the case if they had Megatron in the freezer).
    From the other end, the other movies show Transformers coming to Earth as early as the ancient Egypt, while Bumblebee shows this was an '80s event. It's also questionable why Shatter and Dropkick would need to work with Sector 7 to access the satellite when Dark of the Moon shows that Soundwave was hacking into them long before the '80s. Even more improbable is that the two wouldn't have discovered that Megatron and the All-Spark were in the Sector 7 facility after being given unlimited access to the resources.

- In the other movies, Cybertron was a dead world which needed the All-Spark or some other macguffin to restore, while Bumblebee showed that the world was alive but just under Decepticon control. (Also, despite the original 2007 movie indicating that finding the All-Spark was the key to the war, Bumblebee doesn't even give it a peep.)

- Soundwave is shown on Cyberton in the '80s when the other movies established that he was on Earth manipulating humanity for the Decepticon cause.

- The previous movie's lore had Megatron tearing out Bumblebee's voice box, which obviously didn't happen.

- The other movies showed the Transformers coming to earth en masse first in 2007, while Bumblee showed that happening in the '80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I think the problem is Hasbro doesn't know what to do and Knight et al are taking orders from a company that is wishy washy. My belief is that from Hasbro's side, save part 5 the movies made a ridiculous amount of money, with 3 and 4 hitting the billions, so they don't want to throw out the baby with the bathwater so to speak (the Bayverse continuity). On the other hand they're trying to gauge how much of the audience that made it those billions also want a reboot lest they have a Turtles 2 Out of the Shadows scenario. Bumblebee doing good but not gangbusters doesn't help either. I'm not sure how they're interpreting its success in regards to whether to keep or jettison the Bayverse continuity.
    The company has gone on record that the movie was "solidly profitable" (globally it ended up in the black and has been top of the charts for BluRay sales for awhile now, compared to The Last Knight, which grossed more raw money, but was a huge loss due to the budget exceeding the box office take). It will be getting a sequel, so there is that.

Can't find the articles now, but the producer guy (who's been spinning most of the flip-flopping and "yes and nos") latest words on the subject are that they want to meld the character work and heart of Bumblebee with the "Beyham" of the Bay movies (if the MCU can do that sort of thing, anyone can) and that there will be a Transformers reboot movie and the Bumblebee sequel will tie into the reboot (whether Bumblebee 1 is also now a hard reboot or in a limbo where it exists in both continuities is unclear, given the wording). Granted, this guy has changed his tune a lot that goodness knows if this'll be the game plan going forward, but there it is.

Well, I did it. Weblurker kinda convinced me about this.
    Glad you found something useful in all that.

I modified my timelines and inserted "LOGAN" in the Original Timeline a.k.a. Timeline Prime Alpha.

So, "Logan" is a follow-up of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", "X-Men", "X2" and "X-Men: The Last Stand". It works nicely this way.
    I personally assume that it was in the Days of Future Past/Apocalypse/Dark Phoenix/Deadpool (?) timeline if it's in any of them, but fair enough. The references to the original movies would make that work on paper. Only sticky point I see raised is that Wolverine lost his dog tags at the end of X2 but has them again in Logan (which would make more sense if it was either in the "current" movie timeline or an AU).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post

I personally assume that it was in the Days of Future Past/Apocalypse/Dark Phoenix/Deadpool (?) timeline if it's in any of them, but fair enough. The references to the original movies would make that work on paper. Only sticky point I see raised is that Wolverine lost his dog tags at the end of X2 but has them again in Logan (which would make more sense if it was either in the "current" movie timeline or an AU).
    New dog tags? I don't remember in X2 where Logan lost their original ones...

I'm glad you like my scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    There's as much evidence that Beast invented a time machine in 2075 (remember, good mutant genes means he doesn't age) and fucked with the timeline as there is evidence that Shaw did the same.

Well, if we ignore which one of these has comic book precedence.
    In my scenario, 2075 Beast created the Morlocks... oh wait... LOL

OK I think this is a fair question is the question is the Deadpool films and Logan part of any X-Men timeline or their own alternate worlds suppose to be based on what happened in the films and comments made by the film makers, actors, and producers or fan theories using fan fiction as examples?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    OK I think this is a fair question is the question is the Deadpool films and Logan part of any X-Men timeline or their own alternate worlds suppose to be based on what happened in the films and comments made by the film makers, actors, and producers or fan theories using fan fiction as examples?
    The creature goes beyond its creators. Jackman said "Logan" is an alternate universe. Mangold said it's not. I think the theory embracing both is having the movie put in the Original Timeline out of 3 timelines. It's a big, poetic farewell to the original timeline.

"Deadpool" has been confirmed as playing in its own field without caring about continuity, so it's AU.

The creature goes beyond its creators. Jackman said "Logan" is an alternate universe. Mangold said it's not. I think the theory embracing both is having the movie put in the Original Timeline out of 3 timelines. It's a big, poetic farewell to the original timeline.

"Deadpool" has been confirmed as playing in its own field without caring about continuity, so it's AU.
    Well now I'm really lost because it sounds like you already had your mind made up before even asking the question.

OK here are some questions about timelines and alternate realities. Do any of the other Fox Marvel movies take place in the Fox X-Men Timelines like any of the FF movies, DD, or Elektra even though none made references to mutants? I mean it's obvious Fox wanted to build at one point a MCU type universe with the X-Men, Fantastic Four (2015), Deadpool, and Gambit down to group photos. Another question does the Raimi's Spider-Man films potentially take place in the original X-Men timeline? Given Hugh Jackman's Wolverine was suppose to have a walk on cameo in the Spider-Man (2002) but HJ couldn't get his suit from X-Men (2000) so it didn't happen.