Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I would love this, but unfortunately it would require DC to WANT to use more of Wonder Woman's Golden Age lore, and use the Multiverse more regularly. Neither of which seems likely to happen any time soon.
    Yeah, it's unfortunate but contemporary Wonder Woman lore seems, not that I'm an expert or even a regular reader of hers, but, it seems a lot more stripped down than the Golden Age. When's the last time they used the Purple Ray, or rode kangaroos?

Still, this is an awesome find and I'd love to see Tara show up in a comic again! Or more likely read about it after the fact and then look the comic up and buy it later. Sorry Wonder Woman! I love her, but I don't read her much.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Yeah, it's unfortunate but contemporary Wonder Woman lore seems, not that I'm an expert or even a regular reader of hers, but, it seems a lot more stripped down than the Golden Age. When's the last time they used the Purple Ray, or rode kangaroos?

Still, this is an awesome find and I'd love to see Tara show up in a comic again! Or more likely read about it after the fact and then look the comic up and buy it later. Sorry Wonder Woman! I love her, but I don't read her much.
    Rucka at least established that the Purple Ray exists, and King had her mention Jumpa. So Amazon tech and Kangas are finally back!

But yeah, her franchise is too narrowly focused on Amazons and gods almost all the time, with the Cheetah, Dr. Psycho, Giganta and the occasional Silver Swan being the only non-myth villains she encounters on a semi-regular basis. This is a problem that has existed for decades, she's got a wide array of locations, supporting characters and villains that just don't show up or even exist anymore, and the best ones were IMO in the Golden Age. It IS very stripped down.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Rucka at least established that the Purple Ray exists, and King had her mention Jumpa. So Amazon tech and Kangas are finally back!

But yeah, her franchise is too narrowly focused on Amazons and gods almost all the time, with the Cheetah, Dr. Psycho, Giganta and the occasional Silver Swan being the only non-myth villains she encounters on a semi-regular basis. This is a problem that has existed for decades, she's got a wide array of locations, supporting characters and villains that just don't show up or even exist anymore, and the best ones were IMO in the Golden Age. It IS very stripped down.
    That's a shame. WW has a variety of motifs and connections that could easily range from social commentary on real-life problems to riding kangaroos on a fantasy island to dimensional travel. It's a waste that WW has produced a history (herstory?) and the majority of it remains unused and the expanding of the franchise to more fans is wasted.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

There's a reason that Geoff Johns had the formation of the JSA being tinkered with causing massive repercussions throughout the DCU. With Marvel, it was the Sub-Mariner vs. Human Torch battle. With DC, it was the formation of the JSA. Everything else is building upon that foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Wonder Woman had a few counterparts that were really meant as nothing more than individual stories. In addition to my earlier reference of the WW story, there was a later story where there was an evil Wonder Woman wearing the same costume and everything that fought Diana.

I understand that they meant for the Flash story to be the start of the Different Earths.
    Did the evil one have a moustache?

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Beards. Evil counterparts have beards. My God, what are we teaching kids in schools these days?

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    No, no she did not. However, she did have a huge evil grin on her face. At first, Steve Trevor thought it was "his" WW.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Beards. Evil counterparts have beards. My God, what are we teaching kids in schools these days?

Ahahahahahaha, true, true!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post

I was thinking more 5255921-1484718073-Soll-[1].jpg