Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Should we have both Donna and Drusilla be cannon in the main universe or just one?
    Yes, I would include both.

Maybe Donna and Drusilla could be best friends. Maybe they play being "Wonder Girl" as youngsters on the island. When Drusilla got the chance to venture "into Man's world", she used the "secret identity" of her youth. A play on the theme would be that Drusilla at that point knows Donna was going by "Wonder Girl" but still used it herself.

They had a great opportunity to show Diana rescue an infant Donna in flashbacks and then use an adult Donna as Wonder Girl instead of Druscilla.
    Please Remain Calm

Keep in mind though that the tv show also gave us Tina/Amadonna who was a girl from an island in a pocket dimension who wound up stranded on mans world and posessed all the powers of Wonder Woman plus a force field ability. Kinda set her up to be trained by Wonder Woman as a side kick

I'd rather they just combine Drusilla and Donna into one. Let Drusilla be her birth name and Donna Troy be her "Clark Kent". It works for him after all.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I'd rather they just combine Drusilla and Donna into one. Let Drusilla be her birth name and Donna Troy be her "Clark Kent". It works for him after all.
    During her Wonder Girl mini-series Cassie used the name Drusilla for her secret id and I kind of liked that better.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    During her Wonder Girl mini-series Cassie used the name Drusilla for her secret id and I kind of liked that better.
    Yeah I remember that and it was a nice homage to the TV show.

That armor they gave Cassie was horrible tho lol.
    Richard Alexander

Yeah; one of the quickest ways to get a story to become overloaded and lose its direction is to try to include too many characters. Trying to include every single character from every single iteration of a 80-year-old soap opera that has been rebooted several times is a quick way to a narrative trainwreck.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Yeah; one of the quickest ways to get a story to become overloaded and lose its direction is to try to include too many characters. Trying to include every single character from every single iteration of a 80-year-old soap opera that has been rebooted several times is a quick way to a narrative trainwreck.
    This is why a lot of things are best left in alt-U stories.

Typecasting is very real. While Debra Winger wasn't typecast as Wonder Girl she did become primarily known for not getting along with her co-stars. Shirley Maclaine, Richard Gere and even Lynda Carter were all victims of Debra Winger's antagonism and it hurt her career. That's why as a well respected Oscar nominated actress she donned the Wonder Girl costume again to poke fun at herself in an effort to rehabilitate her public image.

It didn't work.
    If you can find it, watch her cringe worthy appearance on WWHL