Default Alfred in DC Universe Titans

Okay, a slew of casting recently for DC Universe’s Titans second season, including Deathstroke, Ravager, Jericho, and Superboy. Most interesting, of course, is Iain Glen as Bruce Wayne. There is actually some footage out that appears to be Bruce and the adult Dick walking around Wayne Manor (nothing much to see, it looks like a camera test). But there is one major character we have, rather mysteriously, heard nothing about, Alfred Pennyworth.

We know Alfred exists in this universe. We heard his voice in one episode, and in Dick’s Trigon dream at the end of Season 1, Alfred’s death was cited as a contributing factor in Bruce’s dark spiral. It would seem very odd to introduce Wayne Manor and Bruce as full-fledged presences without introducing the faithful butler.

What kind of characterization would you like to see for Alfred? Given the tone of the show, I think business manager/combat medic would work better than classic butler. It also goes well with that brief bit of conversation we heard, where he came off almost as a lawyer or executive.

Also, does anyone have any preferences for casting? Ralph Fiennes from Lego Batman has said he would very much like to do a live-action Alfred, but I don’t see Titans affording Lord Voldemort. Of course, I wouldn’t have seen Doom Patrol affording James Bond, either.

Extraordinary Member

I want him to have the same role he had in titans,

I am more concerned about who is gonna play superman, Nightwing needs his origin

I wonder if Dick will ask whether it was him that planted the tracker ?

Considering Titans...I think he'll probably be the butler but with an edge to him, like the military and combat background but still a butler with his trademark wit and care for his boys.

Granted, depending on Geoff Johns' creative control, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we got Earth One Alfred.