Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    “Titanium” by David Guetta and Sia. Moreso the video than the song, but I suspect that was the intent.

I assumed by the lyrics and title that it was going to have to do with Wolverine or X-23, but the video itself definitely feels more X-Men/Carrie.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

The songs that comes to mind has nothing to do with the X-Men per se. Ages ago when I was a kid I'd go to this small comic book shop where the owner would play Little River Band all of the time. I think he owned only a half dozen records total. It was obvious to me that he could barely support himself. It made me check "comic book store owner" off my list of things to be when I grew up. Anyway, Little River Band's "Lady" is the song that he played every other hour, and the song stuck in mind. Now whenever I read an X-Men comic, that song pops in my head.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 04-21-2019 at 06:39 PM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Late 70s disco (Vickie Sue Robinson Turn the Beat Around,Tavares song Heaven must be missing a angel, blondie's heart of glass)make me think of the early Claremont/Cockrum/Bryne issues. early 80s Claremont/Cockrum/Smith make me think of new wave and pop(The Human League - Don't You Want Me i ran flock seagulls, duran duran rio, cindy lauper be bop) Mid late 80s freestyle make me think of the Claremont/Romita/Silvestri Era with New Mutants too and Excalibur like (covergirls show me, sa-fire dont break my heart, sweet sensation take it while its hot, stevie b spring love). with the 90s post Claremont Animated series era, I think of 90s Eurodance with songs like(Snap Rythmn is a Dancer, Captain Hollywood's More and More, Mr Vain by culture beat, Real mccoy another night)

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Mid late 80s freestyle make me think of the Claremont/Romita/Silvestri Era with New Mutants too and Excalibur like (covergirls show me, sa-fire dont break my heart, sweet sensation take it while its hot, stevie b spring love).
    Those are my Friday morning commute songs, along with Noel (Out of Time, Silent Morning), Johnny O (Fantasy Girl), Expose (Exposed to Love, Point of No Return, I Know You Know), TKA (Scars of Love), Judy Torres (Come Into My Arms), Cynthia (Change on Me), Lil Suzy (Take Me In Your Arms, In a Dream), George Lamond (Without You, Bad of the Heart, Look Into My Eyes), Jellybean (Mirage "Dancer's Dream" version), Coro (Where Are You Tonight), Trinere (I Know You Love Me), Connie (Funky Little Beat), Freeez (IOU), Planet Patrol (Play at Your Own Risk, Cheap Thrills -- which technically aren't Hi Energy, but who cares, they bump) and too many others. Needless to say, by the time that I get to the office I'm pretty hyped up.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    The songs that comes to mind has nothing to do with the X-Men per se. Ages ago when I was a kid I'd go to this small comic book shop where the owner would play Little River Band all of the time. I think he owned only a half dozen records total. It was obvious to me that he could barely support himself. It made me check "comic book store owner" off my list of things to be when I grew up. Anyway, Little River Band's "Lady" is the song that he played every other hour, and the song stuck in mind. Now whenever I read an X-Men comic, that song pops in my head.
    I'm sorry for the owner you mentioned. I think a comic shop is something only possible for people who have other jobs or LOTS of money to throw at it. That said, when I listen to this song, for some reason I think of Amelia Voght and her relationship with Professor X. Which... I know basically nothing about. I was looking into her when I was writing a fic that included her, before Marvel deterred me from getting further into their comics. So I don't know if the song is actually appropriate for her or not.

New song for Polaris for me to add. "What I've Overcome" by Fireflight.

If only you could see me yesterday
    Who I used to be before the change
    You'd see a broken heart
    You'd see the battle scars

It's funny how words can't explain
    How good it feels to finally break the chains
    I'm not what I have done
    I'm what I've overcome

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

I've decided I'm going to make a separate post like others have for this.

Another Quicksilver one, "Slow Me Down" by Emmy Rossum.

Sometimes I fear that I might disappear.
    In the blur of fast-forward I falter again.
    Forgetting to breathe,
    I need to sleep.
    I'm getting nowhere.

All that I've missed I see in the reflection.
    Passed me while I wasn't paying attention.
    Tired of rushing, racing, and running.
    I'm falling apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    “Titanium” by David Guetta and Sia. Moreso the video than the song, but I suspect that was the intent.

FYI I've had this song stuck in my head all night tonight, so I'm blaming you.

Spectacular Member

This strange and beautiful instrumental cover of Tori Amos's "Caught a Lite Sneeze" perfectly captures the X-Men's vibe.

The melody evokes the sense of wonder and dread a young mutant might feel when he or she first discovers their powers.

With every thump, I imagine Nightcrawler's BAMF!

The melancholy soundtrack is something that would pair with Rogue's inability to touch another person or to be with a lover.

It's not hard to imagine an action sequence or flurry of abilities in sync with the otherwise erratic beat.
    Last edited by Grimsmack; 04-22-2019 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsmack View Post
    This strange and beautiful instrumental cover of Tori Amos's "Caught a Lite Sneeze" perfectly captures the X-Men's vibe.

The melody evokes the sense of wonder and dread a young mutant might feel when he or she first discovers their powers.

With every thump, I imagine Nightcrawler's BAMF!

The melancholy soundtrack is something that would pair with Rogue's inability to touch another person or to be with a lover.

It's not hard to imagine an action sequence or flurry of abilities in sync with the otherwise erratic beat.
    While I'm not getting any kind of X-Men vibe on this, this is a wonderful song and I'm thankful for having heard it. <3

Spectacular Member

This selection is more lighthearted fare... not everything has to be so dour (although there is an appropriate undercurrent of melancholy here and there).

A bonus: classic movie clips might inspire a good screenplay!

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

I'm so enjoying this thread! There was another similar once, but it never reached 2-3 pages, too bad.

Yes, I very often fantasize mixing music and comics. Sometimes because of the tune, sometimes because of the lyrics, sometimes even because of the video. Sometimes because of all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    This song always reminded me of Wolverine, Deadpool, Gambit, and Sabretooth.

Any song with Iggy and Patti in it wins me over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Jean and Rachel Grey
    Treat yourselves to the drop at 3:35 that's the moment of POWER INCARNATE!
    It's funny you're linking Sinead O'Connor with Rachel as I do. I guess it's because when we first saw her singing 'Nothing compares 2U', since we were reading the first Excalibur at the same time, many of us thought: "Why, it's RAY!". But the song I have for her is 'Fire on Babylon' (Jean of Arc, and an anxious child):

For me, this is Phoenix since the first time I saw/heared it. Perfection.

The retro-cosmic sound of 'Synchronicity I' by The Police made me dedicate it to the Starjammers.

For some reason, Morrisey's voice, sort of guttural and monotone, makes me think that it could be alike Kurt's voice. So every song by The Smiths reminds me of Nightcrawler. 'Stop me' could be him talking to Jimaine ("Too much story between us").