Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Just how powerful & dangerous is Lady Kronika? (MK11 Spoiler Warning)

Lady Kronika, the primary antagonist of MK11, is at full power here with her spoilers:
    fully powered up crown via Shang Tsung's Well of Souls and her Hourglass
    end of spoilers to set up shop in:

Round I) Composite DC Universe.

Round II) Composite Marvel Universe.

Just how dangerous could she be in these universes?

I would give her Geras and Cetrion, but as of the final chapter of the MK11 Story Mode (I have seen leaks of the entire Story Mode being posted on YouTube early; I downloaded them before they were yanked), spoilers:
    Geras is out of play due to being cast into the Sea of Blood, which is, according to Raiden, "completely bottomless"--and since Geras can literally revive himself from the dead, he literally can't do ANYTHING to bring himself back because he can not die by drowning. Regarding Cetrion, after being beaten by Fire God Liu Kang (due to Raiden binding himself to Past Liu Kang's soul after Revenant/Dark Emperor Liu Kang absorbed enough of Past's soul), she sacrificed herself to power up her mother (Lady Kronika), something Cetrion herself reveals earlier in the story.
    end of spoilers

As for Lady Kronika, at full power (and with the Sands of Time hourglass), she was able to spoilers:
    rewind time completely, as the combined armies of Outworld (under Kitana Kahn, after Kotal Kahn passed the Kahnum to Kitana due to being crippled by Shao Kahn), the Shokan under Queen Sheeva, the Cyber Lin Kuei(?) and the U.S. Special Forces were about to invade her keep. Their invasion was literally reversed when she manipulated time to that extent (kind of like rewinding an old VHS tape), similar to Whis' ability to rewind time up to 3 minutes into the past.
    end of spoilers

Don't get me wrong; I am not trying to hype up Lady Kronika. After all, she still spoilers:
    required some of Earthrealm's Jinsei for her plan to rewrite history. Not to mention that the game makes it unclear if her crown needs to be in constant exposure to the Well of Souls, or if her crown had absorbed enough soul energy for her plan. However, Classic Jax wore this crown and managed to take down Cetrion for the first time.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Ultra_Sonic; 04-20-2019 at 02:21 PM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

So, based on what you've said she has one feat of reversing time one time. That's not really a spoiler as the trailers said she was a time controller of some sort.

Both DC and Marvel have dealt with that before, I think they'll be fine.

You got any feats of what her stats are like?

BANNED

Dimension-breakers and other time manipulators should be fine I'd think.

If Lady Kronika is still perceiving time normally, that means someone literally breaking the distorted space should be able to reach her(Asura, with his space-breaking king hits as The Destructor...)

The Shrike might feel a femtosecond's worth of amusement before it puts her on its tree.

Star Trek's Krenim would just rewind even more time.

Hackerman...he'd probably hack time her time hack to the point Kronika went WTF and her head asploded all on its own.

Skuld would probably cobble up something to invert the effect and stick her in her own time loop of endless Fatalities.

And MCU Strange, well, this would get pretty interesting.

I smell a MK thread. I must kill it : Akuma pose.:

In MK11. Fire God Liu Kabg killed her ass pretty Good, despite being a titan, a being before Eldar Gods. Also it is apparent the EG are not helpful for they care not or evil given the Goddess Of time is evil!

But aside that. Her big bad juju is her with prep trying to work her hour glass building to make the time flow in big ways.

That’s it.

Hell when she absorbed her elemental daughter, Neo Liu Kang still beats her down and kills her by turning her to glass.

All this Liu Kang does in mean time is kill drives of mooks in one attack and beats down the remaining revenant heroes with zero effort.

That’s it.

MK still sucks in regard to power scale. Especially when a Being who gives birth to a EG ( which are immortal) gets killed by a mortal channeling a “lesser” God.
    Last edited by The Chou Lives; 04-24-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...Yeah, MK gods continue to be not exactly be impressive compared to most fictional gods. I mean they are strong but really, their best stuff requires prep and it's...kinda impressive but not exactly?

I mean Bi-Han beats up 4 elemental gods and stole Shinnok's amulet right at the guy's chest before hightailing it...Then dies at Scorpion's hand. Never mind original timeline Liu Kang winning 4 mortal kombat conflicts only to die from two guys...What.

Really, consistency in MK is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    ...Yeah, MK gods continue to be not exactly be impressive compared to most fictional gods. I mean they are strong but really, their best stuff requires prep and it's...kinda impressive but not exactly?

I mean Bi-Han beats up 4 elemental gods and stole Shinnok's amulet right at the guy's chest before hightailing it...Then dies at Scorpion's hand. Never mind original timeline Liu Kang winning 4 mortal kombat conflicts only to die from two guys...What.

To be fair, Liu Kang was caught with his pants down, so to speak. He was blind-sided.

In all irony, Raiden is the most impressive God. In back lore wiped out Reptiles people from
    Earthrealm, as a side effect. Of a intense battle.

Also has mad wisdom. He was able to see as long he had Shinnoks Amulet he was being a sucker.

Reason to say that: Raiden saw that countless time lines had token place and on each one he fights Liu Kang and kills him.

So he dropped that **** and decided to jack Liu with his power. In song so defeated this time line ****.

It seemed to me the whole point is Time Vitch was trying to set up a time line where Shinnok actually wins. Well, he is too weak sauce apparently, even with her “help.”
    Last edited by The Chou Lives; 04-25-2019 at 04:14 PM.

She may sound impressive with her command over time but Fire God Liu Kang is completely immune to it. Maybe it has something to do with him being "The Chosen One" but I imagine there are quite a few in both universes that can shrug off her effects. Plus she gets killed rather easily. (Relatively speaking. Gamewise, the fight is annoying AF)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post

Two powerful sorcerers who caught him completely off guard. Honestly, the whole point about the MK universe is that anyone can die when you least expect it, no matter how powerful.
    Last edited by Aura Blaize; 04-25-2019 at 04:14 PM.

Honestly, Geras had more impressive feats than her.

Kronika's issue might have been the same as anyone not classified as a "hero" in MK story-mode in that there's barely any attention given to them.

What makes her even more weak sauce is they kept amping her in story mode before that fight.

Like Shang Tsungs Crown Of Souls, she could fiddle time with hour glass, and her own Goddess daughter gave her life energy/Power in hopes of beating God Liu.

And God Liu steam rolls her despite the only power up he had was Raiders donated power. The rest was all Liu. Who is mortal, extremely good at fighting, but still was a noob at being a deity at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    What makes her even more weak sauce is they kept amping her in story mode before that fight.

Like Shang Tsungs Crown Of Souls, she could fiddle time with hour glass, and her own Goddess daughter gave her life energy/Power in hopes of beating God Liu.

And God Liu steam rolls her despite the only power up he had was Raiders donated power. The rest was all Liu. Who is mortal, extremely good at fighting, but still was a noob at being a deity at this point.
    I mean, I guess it makes some sense. She's been coasting through life by manipulating things from the background, send out Geras and Cetrion to wreck any enemies she had, and freezing time whenever she has to fight, so she probably wouldn't be that good of a fighter if someone could get around those despite how powerful she's supposed to be.

Liu meanwhile is the guy who wrecked Shao Kahn twice and beat Shinnok back in the day, so he's a fighting machine, and Raiden is a God himself. Even if he wasn't as highly ranked as Kronika was supposed to be, granting Liu some extra firepower and protection from her powers would obviously even the odds between them a lot.

What I'm saying is, she's no DIO or Diavolo.

Also, GUYVER BROS!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post

What's worse is that as a Titan, she is supposed to be superior to the entire Elder God pantheon in both hierarchy and raw power. And just to put this into context, her daughter was the most powerful of the Elder Gods, so her absorption should've made her nigh-unbeatable compared to Liu Kang, who is mortal and received a similar power-up from a lesser-ranked Elder God.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    What's worse is that as a Titan, she is supposed to be superior to the entire Elder God pantheon in both hierarchy and raw power. And just to put this into context, her daughter was the most powerful of the Elder Gods, so her absorption should've made her nigh-unbeatable compared to Liu Kang, who is mortal and received a similar power-up from a lesser-ranked Elder God.
    They make it clear that Kronika fears the combined power of Raiden and Liu Kang. I think it stems from being "The Chosen One".

Besides.....the Elder Gods are honestly nothing to write home about. Kronika's only thing was that she can control time, which is a pretty fearsome power in itself, but it's not like she's any more durable, despite her status. Let Shao Khan get a couple free hits on her with his hammer and she'll probably be on the ground bleeding out. Which is more than I can say for Geras. Or even Cetrion for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Cetrion was the strongest Eldar God and was evil?! Da ****?! That is said daughter who tried empowering her mom.

Yeah, the cosmology Of deities in MK is pitifully low now. Like seriously.

Seriously, they are like the new Bane/Croc/Baleman now.

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    They make it clear that Kronika fears the combined power of Raiden and Liu Kang. I think it stems from being "The Chosen One".

Besides.....the Elder Gods are honestly nothing to write home about. Kronika's only thing was that she can control time, which is a pretty fearsome power in itself, but it's not like she's any more durable, despite her status. Let Shao Khan get a couple free hits on her with his hammer and she'll probably be on the ground bleeding out. Which is more than I can say for Geras. Or even Cetrion for that matter.
    Eh, I don't think it stems solely from the "Chosen One" status. Cassie was acknowledged and named as the second Chosen One in MK11 and that was because she had the Emerald Light aka an ancient energy force that from her Cage lineage that allowed her to kill immortals and Gods. Whereas, if you take Cetrion's arcade intro to heart, Liu Kang is apparently related to Onaga. Just saying that that the two of them were named Chosen Ones for specific reasons besides deus ex machina.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!